The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Starlight by Lewis Le Val (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager

Walk up to any amount of people and INSTANTLY know all of their star signs!

You take out one business card for every person in the group. You then turn to the first of them and ask them to think of their star sign. Before they even say ANYTHING, you write down your prediction on a card. Then, moving on to the next person you repeat this process, again writing your prediction before they say anything out loud.

Once you've written a prediction for everyone involved, the stack of predictions are passed around so that everyone can take the card you wrote for them. On the count of three, everyone turns their card face up and sees that not only did you correctly predict their star sign, but everyone else’s star sign too!

Starlight is a smooth and straightforward routine that is very easy to do and works every time. They think of their star signs, and you correctly predict them. It’s as simple as that.

A part of the method for Starlight utilises a very old mentalism concept, but the structure and handling bury the method and enhance the mystery. This routine is also performed completely cold, meaning you do not need a secret piece of information to begin with, and there are no peeks or forces. Once you’ve done the 60 second set up, you are ready to walk up to any group of people and begin predicting star signs!

At the end of the download, Le Val also shares some handling variations, performance tips and some ideas on how you could perform Starlight with another subject rather than using star signs.

https://e-mentalism.com/collections/best......s-le-val
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I have many of the Whisper Tapes. They are terrific. I have watched the video. Thinking. Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
So, does each person have to tell you their sign out loud after you've written the prediction?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Last Laugh,

He did say a very old principle but with NO force.

So we all know the principle which is a time tested principle, but it's the new bit that will make it workable & impressive to a lay audience.

Like that you can involve everyone in the group so this could be a reputaion maker with everyone talking about it.

May take the plunge ha.

Mike Donoghue
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You won't "instantly know" though will you...well, until they tell you I guess...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I bought this, and I have to say, there is some nice thinking in this routine...the way the old school method is cleaned up is kinda smart...you'll need to add a proper presentation to it (and you'll have a few options with some thought)...7.5 out of 10
I've asked to be banned
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I'm sure it's a nice handling, but the first line of the description is:

"Walk up to any amount of people and INSTANTLY know all of their star signs!"

I'd argue that this is a tad misleading, considering it's more like "Walk up to any amount of people and prove that you accurately predicted their star signs right before they told you what they were".

Nonetheless, I do trust Iain's opinion, so I'm sure it's good.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
If that's all the blurb said then I'd be all for slating this but it's VERY clear in the blurb what it is that you're getting and in that sense I don't think the "INSTANTLY" is actually misleading. As far as the spectators are concerned, that's what you do and it also refers to, I presume, a lack of set up or pre-show.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
There is a one off set up. And I agree, INSTANTLY is misleading.

I mean, we all know the main technique at play...

As mentioned in the vid, personally I think this will look better as an esp test...
I've asked to be banned
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hey everyone! Lewis Le Val here, I will hang around on this thread to answer any questions anyone may have about Starlight.

Regarding my use of the word INSTANTLY, please remember that you are reading an effect description. I’m not telling you, the performers, what you will be able to do, I’m telling you what it will look like you are able to do, what the effect is; the part your audience sees. And in this effect, they see that you are able to instantly predict their star sign. I even made a point of having a note in the blurb about this not being a technique to gain information, but a routine that appears as though you can.

Also, for those of you who have not yet bought the download, you know what the main technique in this routine is because I chose to make that clear. If I had any intentions of being misleading I wouldn’t have let you know that. It is important that you know it uses an old technique so that you can make a better decision on whether or not this routine is right for you. What takes this method one ahead of the original concept, is that you do not need to force anything or have any previous information ready to go. You can perform this completely cold, and it doesn’t leave one spectator with a different experience or “process” than the others.

This is also situational mentalism. It is not meant to replace things in your repertoire, but compliment them. For example, I use this routine when I’m performing for a table of people who all want to experience something but I do not have enough time to get around all of them with individual routines. Starlight fits perfectly here, and leaves everyone with something. Meaning nobody will be left only as a spectator to other people’s experiences.

Any questions, fire away Smile

Thanks guys!

Lewis x
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Will review this tonight with thoughts.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Purchased this, since the whole star sign premise intrigued me, and the way the ad copy was written.

Everything is above par, and in the video, you get to see Lewis explain everything and all the necessary movements, you need to do to get this done.

This uses an old principle as Lewis stated, and with an updated handling and nobody will suspect anything. I know since I have done a version of the original for a long time, and a friend of mine is scared to perform the principle, and he saw me do it on a girl once, and the routine brought tears to her eyes, so it all depends on how you present the principle at play, and where you take it, or what you do with it.

All you need is some business cards and a pen or pencil, and you are set.

I can see this working more like in a parlour type setting, as well as at a gathering with friends.

Easy to do
Not difficult
easy to remember steps if any
can practice on yourself
great routine for standup
good routine to try out next time you are at a dinner party with friends or people you don't know
packs small, plays big

Instruction 10/10
Ease 10/10
Angles 9/10
Repetition? I wouldnt repeat the effect, I would go on to do another star sign divination or another routine
Practice 10/10
Worker 9/10

Will you be doing this routine?

Yes, since it packs small and plays big, and is really simple to execute.

Great download, worth the price

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Anyone can compare this routine with Kenton Knepper-Name Tag routine from his Penguin Lecture? The effect and dynamics sound alike in both.

Thanks
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
How about use for an audience of 40 - 60?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hi Pablo! I have not seen Kenton’s lecture but I am aware of a similar sounding effect in his book, Mind Reading. Starlight uses the same old principle but does not require any previous knowledge (no matter how small) of any members of your audience.

Hello Jaizon, it could but I’m not sure you would want to. As it is not a mass effect, it would require the same interaction with every single one of those 40-60 people. It would get very boring, very quickly. If you were to perform this for such an audience, I’d recommend inviting a small handful up to the stage and perform it for them instead.

Hope that helps!

Lewis x
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Thanks for the review Alex. 😊

The Whisper Tapes have been such a sucess. Lewis approach to mentalism is amazing.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:

What if more than one person has the same ****? What then? The explanation is premised on the assumption that no two spectators will have the same *****.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It makes no difference...
I've asked to be banned
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2018, BCE wrote:
Quote:

What if more than one person has the same ****? What then? The explanation is premised on the assumption that no two spectators will have the same *****.

The people could literally all have the same sign and it would work.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And if that were ever to happen, milk it like it's a giant magical udder...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Starlight by Lewis Le Val (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL