The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vacation with David Thiel and T.C. Tahoe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
256 Posts

Profile of greerj
On my second day of vacation and just finished Magic Pendulums: Masterworks for Mystery Performers for the second time. I was reading it by the pool and kept laughing to the point that my wife asked what was so funny about a "magic book". I showed her some of the footnotes and she wanted to know if David Thiel had written any non-magic books, as she liked his style. The first time I read it I was unsure about using a pendulum, but now I am fired up, especially with those routines. T.C. Tahoe's "Swinger's party" came on vacation with us as well, and it also abounds with a collection of eclectic, fascinating stuff. I really recommend them and plan on taking them on all my trips from now on.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
256 Posts

Profile of greerj
Just to clarify, Magic Pendulums: Masterworks for Mystery Performers is a collection of pendulum masterworks put together by Mr. Thiel. I don't want to slight the performers who contributed, an all star selection who gave out some of their best stuff.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3494 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Pendulums are such a fantastic tool. They are one of those things that provide a level of entertainment that seems out of proportion to what they do.

Regarding David's sense of humor, I totally agree - I would love it if David wrote a novel! He has some very entertaining fiction in his latest book Crap I Think About. They are short stories but left me wanting more.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Pendulums are such a fantastic tool. They are one of those things that provide a level of entertainment that seems out of proportion to what they do.

Regarding David's sense of humor, I totally agree - I would love it if David wrote a novel! He has some very entertaining fiction in his latest book Crap I Think About. They are short stories but left me wanting more.

I'll second that thought.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1880 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Since you have both of these books, can you please give a bit of a review to compare and contrast them?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vacation with David Thiel and T.C. Tahoe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL