The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dusheck's Wash Out (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Recently acquired a vintage copy of this effect. If anyone can supply a copy of the Wash Out instructions it would be appreciated...thanks!

John
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2111 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
PMing you....
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Instructions received, thanks inigmntoya!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8988 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Love Dusheck's work! How does this one go? Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
A half dollar and a washer are shown. You show that with the half dollar on top it pretty much covers the washer, but with the half underneath, you can still see it through the hole. You then let the half fall away from the washer and they see it turn into a penny as it falls and lands (preferably into their hand).
dalo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of dalo
Ben Harris version of this is very nice. Includes production and some other nice variations.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, dalo wrote:
Ben Harris version of this is very nice. Includes production and some other nice variations.

Is that published somewhere?
dfolson
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Does anyone know if this is available anywhere? I only seen a few on ebay. It is hard to judge the value in the secondary market.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
51 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
No, though airship magic will be re-releasing it as part of their Dusheck legacy line I believe
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2021, dfolson wrote:
Does anyone know if this is available anywhere? I only seen a few on ebay. It is hard to judge the value in the secondary market.

They used to show up fairly inexpensively because few people knew what it was, but since his passing interest in his work has picked up.
There are also a few eBay sellers with totally unrealistic asking prices for his effects.
I'd say $75 is a good deal at the low end, and anything on up. Obviously more for one in excellent condition with all parts and original instructions.
Based on inflation alone, at its original price it would run close to $100 today.
dfolson
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dfolson
I have gently poked Frederick for a clue a few times if it coming at all but no word yet. Yes, I will just keep watching.... Unless someone on tis board has one thy would part with?
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
595 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I have 3 of these sets with a copy of the instructions with the number 117 on the to right of the instruction sheet. One of the sets has the washer smooth on both sides and the other 2 sets have grooves cut into both sides of the washer, like the grooves in a 78 rpm record, if you remember those. Thinking the smooth set may be the original first sets but just a guess.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2210 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Wash Out, Wash Off and some really more great effects will be coming in 2022.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
595 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I put one set on tricks for sale.
dfolson
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2021, Mad Jake wrote:
Wash Out, Wash Off and some really more great effects will be coming in 2022.

That is goo to hear. Frederick, you should offer a subscription sign up for this product line.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
595 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
PM sent to dfolson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dusheck's Wash Out (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL