The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
132 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
Waiting to see a Full Performance and actual reviews....
Thank You Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Has tremendous value for trade, corporate or speaker event type of engagements. Would be a good quick beginning effect to establish your persona.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I believe this is as close to a full performance as we'll get:

https://youtu.be/KlgdMu1MiHQ

Even though it's subtitled I'm still a bit confused about the flow of the placement procedure (how much is audience v. how much is the performer).

Like I mentioned earlier - this biggest issue with this release is how readily available the method is all over the internet. I think it's a creation of Martin Gardner but it's been picked up by numerous sources and flaunted about... I'm normally not concerned about audiences researching parts of my show (there's very little to find) but this is a very straightforward google search.

Annoyingly though - this REALLY appeals to me as a branded and VISUAL revelation!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Riverside, CA
56 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
The Tic Tac Toe format makes it universal as well.

If all that is required is a laptop to program the image (if that is how it works) then I'm set. But, if it requires an IPhone X with a specific IOS then... not so much.

I'm guessing above and have no real understanding of how this works.

Greetings Mike,

Looks like a still frame at around 00:32 shows a piece of the prediction image pre-attached to the back of a tile. So I think your in the clear with your iPhone concern.

The final effect is really cool and has tons of potential with the ability to customize the reveal. I just hope there is a method to pit two volunteers against each other in a game of tic-tac-toe, instead of having the magician involved other than placing the tiles in the selected locations.

Lol...Just saw the china link. Retail is $1500? Seriously??
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Riverside, CA
56 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
Oh, that's 00:32 of the new demo video.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I would say this just looks like a nice looking prop to do the classic effect and to add a visual component.

And Drew's concern is apt - the basic method is taught all over the web and is not at all hard to find.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Have to admit that I was not familiar with this “classic” method but it took all of 10 seconds to find it with google. So it is definitely easy to search for if that is the method used here.
But I still think this is a nice way to reveal a corporate message or branding.

I don’t do corporate work but using it as a reveal for some previous mental effect would definitely take the heat off the Tic Tac Toe method and I believe eliminate most everyone from bothering to google it. And in addition look much better than simply pulling another prediction out of an envelope. Small touches like that can really kick up the level and production value of your show. I would consider it for that reason alone.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Looks like a very nice prop to me. If you are working for an audience of googlers you’re out of lick
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Here is an identical effect (but priced at $1500!): https://www.daytonamagic.com/tic-tac-toe-prediction.html

And here's a pocket version for $24.95: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21845

Not sure what the Tic Tac Toe Pro brings that's new, although the "Packs Flat" aspect is nice.

Cheers,
Jerry
john G
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of john G
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, jerdunn wrote:
Here is an identical effect (but priced at $1500!): https://www.daytonamagic.com/tic-tac-toe-prediction.html

Not sure what the Tic Tac Toe Pro brings that's new, although the "Packs Flat" aspect is nice.

Cheers,
Jerry

Thank you
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Nothing new Jerry, but it's application & structure of the props with the added customization Photoshop download that comes with it turns this into a great tool, not so much for a magic or mentalism show, but for trade, corporate, really a nice intro with a message or logo. Very clean lines as well for those environments.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, jerdunn wrote:

Cheers,
Jerry

The pocket version above produces a picture with a fair amount of symmetry (ie some cards can be in different places) whereas it looks as though the Pro version produces a picture where each piece is unique (and also can't be transposed left to right which is the bit that gets me without 'forcing' the second move to one of 2 options)
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Very good work and practical prop. I have been showing a stage version for more than two years.
But this version is more practical.
But ..... this routine has several weaknesses - one of them you have to force step - that everything would turn out.
But forget it!
:thumbsup:
BEST Lee - Bond Lee, teaches you the progressive technique of the game. Regardless of the choice of the viewer - you always accurately build a picture!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Officially, I don't have this, but I have seen a demo video for dealers which explains a bit more. First off, I don't know what routine that Bond Lee is using, but I'm sure you could use the one that Richard Osterlind uses in Easy to Master Mind Miracles #4. Richard added some bits and a kicker to the ending, but it's actually an older routine that he revised. I'm not sure where the original is printed.

I agree that this effect may not be a major showstopper (though I'm sure someone can make some tweaks and additions and let it become one), but it's a very nice piece that adds a visual level and allows this to be interactive with the audience. That's always a good thing. Beyond that, I can't really say much more about the supplied routine without getting it and seeing what it is, not to mention performing it myself.

What you're really buying, though, are the elegant props which make this close-up routine now suitable for parlor or stage. And it's also fully customizable. In fact, you'll have to create the custom design before you perform. I'm not exactly sure what the requirements are, but I do know that you get a PhotoShop template. The design, obviously, must be split into nine sections and you simply put it on the back of the each of nine X and O tiles using BlueTac (or something similar).

The six acrylic rectangular pieces are what's used to make the display. You place three horizontally to make a square and then three vertically on top of that. Magnets hold it together and magnets are also on the X and O tiles to make it stick to the acrylic pieces. (You can see this in the demo video)

If you purchase the parlor version, you get a wooden stand for the display. You can use the cardboard box it comes in as a carry case.

If you purchase the stage version, you get a metal easel plus a custom padded carry case. (This is shown in the demo video)

Hope that answers the questions that most of you have. This will be shipping the week of July 2 (next week) to dealers from Murphy's.
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
My main concern is the message on the back and how complex it can be. I'm thinking you would have to keep it very simple. If your client had a very busy logo or message it could become difficult.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but there wouldn't be any restriction on the image, other than how big/visible the details are to the audience.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
I think the main concern is ensuring the orientation of each piece is correct. I. E ensuring its not placed upside down etc
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
After visiting the Magiclism Store website, it looks like the "hard" cases seen in the video only come with the deluxe versions offered at their store. Murphy's has a picture of the soft padded bag for the standard stage version.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, baobow wrote:
I think the main concern is ensuring the orientation of each piece is correct. I. E ensuring its not placed upside down etc

Thanks baobow, Yes, that is what I'm worried about and hoping there is a simple answer so the handling is smooth.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Wouldn't it be easy enough to have a small mark on each piece so you could see the orientation?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL