The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where is Bizarre Magick headed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
hendoo
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of hendoo
All magic(k)is BIZARRE...now get back to work!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Well, at my opinion the right question is: How is the word "Magic" actually perceived by the audience ?
If you ask most of the people who represent a magician, you'll receive "Harry Potter" as an answer.
The contamporary interpretations of the magical world by artists like Alan Moore (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Promethea...), Neil Gaiman (Sandman, Books of Magic, 1602...), the late Jim Henson (the Storyteller, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth), J.K.Rowling should lead you to some conclusion...
Can you make people "believe" that you're emanating from that kind of parallel universe ?
Can you mix the charachters of the X-Men and Harry Potter's world to create a particular personnality ?
Bizarre Magic is far from being dead, believe me.
It's a winning proposition but needs a lot of *** work...
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
"You know you're a conventional magician when:"
You publish a book in your lifetime and many wish to purchase it to learn your latest tricks.

"You know you're a bizarrist when:"
You leave behind a lone volume after your death, and few want to touch it, for fear of what might be inside.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Hahahaha Steve, I love it!

You know you're a conventional magician when...
Your show ends in applause.

You know you're a bizarrist when...
Your show ends with large fire in the town square.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Wait a minute!

I knew I was a real Bizarrist when the picket line of fundamentalist outside the theater was suddenly ten times larger than the number of actors I'd paid to picket the show in order to get some press...

(What can I say? I learned from the "Last Temptation" that you can get tons of free media coverage if you can stir up the fundamentalist and get them to picket you... and that's really bizarre!)
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
“Fundamentalist are the best markenting tool”. -Lee Iacocca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where is Bizarre Magick headed? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL