The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Visconti Modrone Tarot (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
419 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
I found recently this Kickstarter project, you may be interested too (only 9 days left)

The Visconti tarot deck is one of the earliest tarot deck in history. It was created for the Duke of Milan, Filippo Maria Visconti. The cards were hand painted and cover by sheets of gold and silver.
A kickstarted project aims to restore the cards digitally and re-created the deck using books and archives from different museum.
The cards size is original (nearly double size from your classic tarot deck), they use good card stock with a double layer of Silver and Gold foils, integrating with each other.
You can add a matching wooden box (only 8 left today out of 75).

I don’t really need a new tarot deck, I don’t really need a new wooden box but I could not resist a tarot deck with matching wooden box…..

Have a look
www.kickstarter.com/projects/loscarabeo/......ne-tarot

Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
175 Posts

Profile of Station10
It's a beautiful deck. I pledged a Coyle weeks ago, couldn't resist.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
magic259
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magic259
Yes, I couldn't agree more. It's a beautiful deck and my order is in.

Dr SH, many thanks for providing the info and link.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
469 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Very tempting...
bud.scott
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
I got the last early bird special, but it's till a deal at full price with all the extras that come with it.
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
239 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Thanks for the heads up on this....ordered.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
The ‘Visconti Florin Coin’ stretch goal will soon be reached 😊
magic259
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magic259
The 8 funded goals that everyone will get who have already pledged to this project are amazing and the "Visconti Florin Coin" is certainly extra icing on the cake.

I am not sure if the project will make it with only 9 days to go, but for me the "Gilded Edges" stretch goal would be a superb addition.

Just recently there have been several Kickstarter projects to fund the release of quality (and unusual) Tarot Decks, however, I think this one will be hard to beat...IMHO
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
By the way, I wonder what the backs of the cards look like. Did I overlook those in the clips? Luc.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2324 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
They didn't show the backs. I find this is often the case with Tarot projects, which is frustrating, because I also find I often end up disliking the backs. We shall see.

Topped 40K Euro so the gilded edges are in. I'd love to see it all funded.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
magic259
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magic259
Hi Chris, when I use the link in the first post (and also link through my pledge email) it is still showing the funding at less than 36K Euros...is that correct or have I missed something?

I did notice that the backs weren't shown, but I was happy to take a chance. Let's hope that the back design compliments the fine work that has gone into the faces. It will be a real shame if this part of the work falls short of the mark.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
175 Posts

Profile of Station10
Christopher, I think you are looking at the USD total. in euros it is still just shy of 36k. But I also hope that there is a surge in pledges, would love to see all goals met also.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2324 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Oh, you know what? It shows the Euro sign first, then automagically switches to USD. You are correct.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
They didn't show the backs. I find this is often the case with Tarot projects, which is frustrating, because I also find I often end up disliking the backs. We shall see.

May be the cards are double faced Smile Cheers, Luc.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
I'm going to ask the backs-question at the Kickstarter project site.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2986 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
There are two prior, less extravagant printings you may want to review.

This video shows the backs at 2:45; the one on the left purportedly gives an accurate representation of the historic deck, which I presume the new printing will emulate.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
magic259
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magic259
The 36K Euros "Visconti Florin Coin" stretch goal has now been reached. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the "Gilded Edges" stretch goal (and of course the rest).
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1662 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Backed...

With box...
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
They are still working on the backsides. Suggestions are welcomed! Cheers, Luc.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2986 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2018, Delimbeau wrote:
They are still working on the backsides. Suggestions are welcomed! Cheers, Luc.

If they're striving for historical accuracy on the faces, I'm surprised they're not committed to doing the same on the backs.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Visconti Modrone Tarot (33 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL