The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Navigator by Reese Goodley (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Not sure if that question has been raised before, but is this working only in english or is it language independent?
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2018, bangustar wrote:
Not sure if that question has been raised before, but is this working only in english or is it language independent?

The first part is easily translatable, the second part would take a little bit of work but certainly not impossible. Others have done it successfully and I bet if you were to join the Navigator Facebook group someone has already done it in your language! Smile

Hope that answers your question!

Cheers,

Tom
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2018, bangustar wrote:
Thanks a lot for the clarification.

No problem!

If you are sitting on the edge, now's the time to order! We're running a competition in which ONE of the next TWENTY physical orders will win a £100 shopping spree at mentalistry.com!

So why not get a great book and be in with a chance of £100 worth of stuff for free!

- Tom
www.mentalistry.com
KASASAGI
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KASASAGI
Can it be translated into Non alphabet language like Japanese or Chinese?
If this trick use alphabet letters,I think it's difficult to translate.
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2018, KASASAGI wrote:
Can it be translated into Non alphabet language like Japanese or Chinese?
If this trick use alphabet letters,I think it's difficult to translate.

Yes, I don't see this working well with a Non-alphabet language.

Cheers,

Tom
www.mentalistry.com
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I'm not very easily impressed with much these days, but I've just finished reading "Navigator" and I must say: What a lovely, lovely bit of thinking this is - I am actually impressed! Reese Goodley has hit upon a very charming (and smart) way to accomplish Max Maven's "Contimental" without the stifling limitations of the original and (seemingly) without restrictions due to the presentational framework. While it's true that I'm rarely impressed, it's even more rare for me to actually be impressed enough to add something new to my arsenal. I'm a simple man who likes simple and smart thinking in my effects. Navigator not only fits the bill, but is something I will actually use. Great job Reese!
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
Mines will finally be in tomorrow, cant wait to play with this Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2018, Sudo Nimh wrote:
I'm not very easily impressed with much these days, but I've just finished reading "Navigator" and I must say: What a lovely, lovely bit of thinking this is - I am actually impressed! Reese Goodley has hit upon a very charming (and smart) way to accomplish Max Maven's "Contimental" without the stifling limitations of the original and (seemingly) without restrictions due to the presentational framework. While it's true that I'm rarely impressed, it's even more rare for me to actually be impressed enough to add something new to my arsenal. I'm a simple man who likes simple and smart thinking in my effects. Navigator not only fits the bill, but is something I will actually use. Great job Reese!

I was "Navigatored" earlier today, by a friend, not the creator. All I can say is... It works really really well.

I will be getting this in the future. Smile
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Direct from the author:

If you are wanting to purchase Navigator I don't have many left, I'll be in Spain soon for a while and won't be doing another run of quite some time as when I get back I'll be concentrating on another big project. Mentalistry, alakazam and penguin will have a small amount. Reese X

Get yours before it's too late: https://mentalistry.com/products/books/n......physical
www.mentalistry.com
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Here are my thoughts after I finally got a chance to read Navigator by Reese Goodley. It's a thing of real beauty and is very well put together. Reese has taken the time to cover different variants and each one is explained clearly and in detail. It achieves that difficult balance between propless, any time mentalism and reliability and I can see why it's been such a hit so far. I think it's a great routine!
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Direct from the author:

Magicians and mentalists!!!!!
I have now completely SOLD OUT of Navigator. You can STILL buy them from Mentalistry, Mind FX, penguin, alakazam and Murphy's, merlins of wakefield possibly have some left. I will be doing a second run but not for a while so please don't PayPal me directly at this time. Thankyou so much for supporting my work the response has been far beyond what I could have imagined. Reese X

https://mentalistry.com/products/books/n......physical
www.mentalistry.com
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
www.mentalistry.com
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Finally ordered this. Looking forward to it, given the great reviews it's received.

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I received this and have read throughout once. It could have used some serious editing before publication. A editor would have caught the mis-spellings (like "forward" rather than "foreword), and the many run-on sentences.

I detected at least one flaw that could present some performance difficulty in the USA. While Brits usually know their geography better than do Americans, one of the dozen or so force "countries" is called "Caribbean." That may work, along with France, Spain, and the others for Brits, but many Americans do not think of Caribbean. They think of Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, and the two dozen or so small island nations of that region, with at least several being not countries but outpost territories of the USA or some European country.

With one reading, that flaw seems to me to limit Navigator's usefulness in North America, but I will give it another reading and think about it before yielding to possible buyer's remorse. I hope I change my mind. If I do, I will post again.

George
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I don't have this effect and I was wondering if the conclusion will always be one of the more well known countries. I live in a very diverse community where it not inconceivable that someone thinks of a country like Chad, Tanzania or Burkina Faso or Marshall Islands. These not place that have immediately recognizable land marks. How naturally can one force to a more familiar place?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2018, 453rob wrote:
I don't have this effect and I was wondering if the conclusion will always be one of the more well known countries. I live in a very diverse community where it not inconceivable that someone thinks of a country like Chad, Tanzania or Burkina Faso or Marshall Islands. These not place that have immediately recognizable land marks. How naturally can one force to a more familiar place?

This is all covered in the book. This is what the book is about, actually! Smile

Madison
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I like this a lot.
Clearly explained and well written.
Variant 2 is my preference, but I'm sure all are equally effective.

The Wonders of the World bonus looks like fun as well.
Peter Turners thoughts, and subtleties, were great.

Good job Reese!

252ThumbsUp
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Seriously considering purchasing this but George's comments about the differences between European and North American audiences has me hesitating. The inventor is European as are some of the reviewers. I would really like to hear more from Americans and Canadians who have purchased and tested this out in the field!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
True I am European but I would be very surprised if this did not work in the US or Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Navigator by Reese Goodley (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL