The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Kid's Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2100 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
This is something that I came up with for Restaurant or Walk around for the kiddies. In a larger show, I like to use my magic coloring book in a standard method with no other props or gimmicks. I found the vanishing box of crayons (all the crayons inside vanish, but the box remains) and thought this would apply nicely to the Coloring Book. The gears started turning and I came up with a few things...

For a coloring book thing in general, you can use a mouth coil to go from colored images back to black and white, by pulling out all the color from the book.

I also came up with, but have not yet performed, the close-up hotrod version of coloring book. I figured, why not make a hotrod crayon. About the same size, etc. You can do a few things here. Have a regular multi-colored crayon, vanish it with a topit or whatever method you like, and the color appears in the book.

You could also make the crayon a hotrod, use the paddle move, and have your coloring book also change from the multi-colors all into the "selected" color. You would have to make your own coloring book for this, but come on, it's not all that hard.

Feel free to take this and use it. If it turns out to be incredibly commercial, cut me in on whatever publishing deal you get ;-) Let me know how it works out and if you find anything works well or doesn't for you.

Kevin

Add - This can apply to close-up settings if you get one of the small coloring books, which I saw over at Penguin. The multi-crayon idea came when I knew I wouldn't want to carry around a whole crayon box. So you have only one multi-colored crayon, easy to carry.
Kevin Reylek
Gerard BAKNER
View Profile
New user
Chartres (France)
13 Posts

Profile of Gerard BAKNER
You can use for your coloring book, a multi colored D'Lite. You can take realy colors on the children's clothes.

Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Kid's Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL