The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An unusual benefit to having the World Cup being played just now (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Recently I got a contract to write mock exams for all three levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams.

Amongst the topic areas is Ethics, which generally requires that you write questions with individual's names ("Bob violated the Standards of Professional Conduct by doing . . . what, exactly?"). I have about 250 Ethics questions to write, so I'll need at least that many names, ideally from all over the globe.

How to get those names?

Easy! Get the rosters of the 32 FIFA World Cup playoff teams, randomly shuffle the Christian names and surnames, replace a suitable number of the Christian names (which are all for men) with women's names, remove any duplicate Christian names or duplicate surnames (to avoid confusion), and, finally, randomly shuffle the resulting names.

Voilà!

I got 540 of them.

Who'da thunk it?
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
If you needing a Tom, feel free to use my name. Smile

Tom
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
"Amongst the topic areas is Ethics, which generally requires that you write questions with individual's names ("Bob violated the Standards of Professional Conduct by doing . . . what, exactly?"). I have about 250 Ethics questions to write, so I'll need at least that many names, ideally from all over the globe"
It's individuals'.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
It certainly is.

Good catch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An unusual benefit to having the World Cup being played just now (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL