The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Change is a Comin'...John Jurney is at it Again ;) (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi James, welcome to the Café... Smile

There are only photos of the coin fronts.

This set is a transformer set, where you can create the coins you might need as you want for a variety of routines that are a part of the package, or as you may create them yourself. You cannot do Coin Coalition with this set of coins, but you can do a 3 Coin Routine, which is included in the videos that come with the package. If you still have need of more info, feel free to contact John directly, jjmagiccoins@comcast.net

He's a great guy! Just tell'em Mb sent'cha! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
164 Posts

Profile of James927
Thanks for the speedy response Mb - much appreciated!
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Shouldn't this conversation (or at least MB's posts) be in either the "Latest and Greatest" or "What's Cooking" section? This seems like a blatant violation of the rules about selling. Every other message is a not at all subtle commercial, even worded in a very infomercial-like and disingenuous manner. Posts like "Just love hearing from happy customers" and "It’s great to continue to see here that John has satisfied customers all over the world with fine works like his latest, Transformer Coin System here. People continue to be extremely happy with his work(s) and top of the line craftsmanship." insult our intelligence like we don't know we are being sold. And it takes up bandwidth with every legitimate post generating an addition post to sell some more.

This is exactly the reason so many people have left the Café and post all the negative reviews on other sites about us, even specifically naming the individuals who drive everyone away. I can't tell whether MB is a shill for JJ and makes money off these sales or just likes feeling important like he is the official conduit to John. I am not trying to insult MB or a certain 90+ year old card man who I also admire for the part of them that gives support to the community, but when their egos and constant carnival barking take over I take exception and wish either they would self regulate or the moderators would step in and enforce the rules.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi FlightRisk, I do agree with you that the rules about selling should be followed otherwise the Café could turn into one big sales pitch and it’s value lost. And I’ve been lamenting how negative some threads can get and can understand why many would be afraid to post a question or opinion for fear of being ridiculed. I can also see why people have been driven away and that is unfortunate. But I have stuck around specifically because of people like MB. He is one of the good guys and always positive and encouraging. If there were more people like MB I’m sure the Café would see its numbers increase! I’m not trying to speak on behalf of MB but the way I saw this thread, MB made people with a specific interest in coin gaffs aware of something new. I don’t have this gaff but I do own the coin coalition set. I didn’t see the product’s creator come on the thread at all. I actually thought this and the one posted about the coin coalition set are among the useful and helpful threads on the Café! Like I said, I’m not disagreeing with what you want to see on the Café, but I’m not seeing this thread an example of that. John
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Hey, its ok to disagree with me too Smile I am just one opinion of many. And I didn't mean to pick on MB, we have interacted and I've seen his posts back to 2004. He has never been rude that I know of and he is encouraging to a lot of folks and very complementary (even when some of us probably could use more brutal honesty Smile ) My suggestion is to stop making this a bazaar to hawk your wares. That's what the special sections and buying ads are for. I see everyone post about making moves seem "natural". I wish some of the posts were more natural too. If you wouldn't talk like that to a friend over lunch, then it's an ad Smile If you write more than one sentence involving hyperbole, it's an ad Smile And while I'm at it, post after post of the mutual admiration back slapping society where sycophants go overboard in their prostrating praise of someone who has more than 2000 posts gets a little old too. It adds nothing to content and you have to scroll through all the "I can testify as well that he is a good guy deserving of deification" and "aw shucks, thanks for much for your kind words" posts to get to the discussion of magic.

But to be on topic, John Jurney has come up with at least two innovations recently that aren't a rehash of what we have seen before. Perhaps not since the TUC has there been something as worthy of being called "new" like John's coins. My problem is that I like to collect as much as use things. If something is novel or new or a different manufacturer, I want to have it to put in my display case if I don't have it in my trick box. I like Okito boxes. I don't even know why. I want a coin coalition in fake morgans and Ike's. Why? I don't need them both. Guess that is a discussion for another thread. Are you addicted to buying things for the sake of having them Smile So, I am mad at JJ for inventing something else that I now have to spend money on Smile
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
I think that the main issue is ppl use this thread on how to buy is the issue. there are interesting discussions that don't reveal anything. Maybe this is because I don't have access to secret section. Who knows.
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
To get back on topic.
This set is amazing. However, I'm having a hard time justifying using this over some existing material. anyone else have that issue?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Change is a Comin'...John Jurney is at it Again ;) (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL