The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Acknowledging the booker during the show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
This is something that I am not good at. Do you think it is important to acknowledge your booker/DJ/technicians before ending your show? How do you go about doing it?
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Well... If you're calling a professional sound engineer a "dj" he won't take it as a compliment.

As far as acknowledging the "booker" that depends on your market. It may be 100% appropriate or 100% inapropriate.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
In 50 years, on the road, I never had a dj. or a lighting techie. I was an itinerant mountebank, playing school assemblies, nation wide. Since I was booked by an assembly "bureau", I always acknowledged, in my closing lines, that the program was provided by the "National Assembly Service". (Often,the schools would book programs from more than one bureau.)

In the off season, I would book club dates, often independently. At this type of booking, I always thanked the program chairperson, just before I closed. --Someone in the group, may not have heard my name, when I was introduced. If that person thought that another group he was associated with, might like my act, he could ask the program chair person. When the chair person handed me the check, I gave him/her, a few business cards. The chairperson became my unpaid agent! This 'thank you' of the chairperson, gave him/her "credit" for arranging my appearance. (No chairperson EVER "complained" for being "recognized"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Acknowledging the booker during the show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL