The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My version - Magic Wagon's Pagoda Mystery (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lnlver
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Here is my take on Magic Wagon's Pagoda Mystery.

The effect:

The magician shows all parts of an apparatus to the audience for inspection. Everything appears normal; they can determine that the glass in the panel is secured firmly and cannot be taken out or moved at all.

He then places the panel in the base and taps sections of the glass with his wand to prove that it is completely solid. He explains that the glass is in its unaltered state. Next, he removes the panel, installs the magic portals on each side of the panel and reinstalls the panel in the base.

He again taps areas of the glass to show that it is still in place, but now he is able to pass items through the glass; a steel ball, his wand, etc. using the magic portals. He explains that the portals change the molecular structure of any material between them to interweave with the molecular structure of things inside them and then reconfigure to their original states.

He immediately takes the panel out of the base, removes the portals and hands the panel to the audience for their inspection. They can see that the glass is still in place and cannot move.

It differs from theirs in a few respects, though. Mine is 'inspectable' both before and after the performance. I used 1/4" plexiglass, Magic Wagons uses a thinner dimension I believe. I think the thickness adds to the effect, but it required a modification in the method. I incorporated Mroek's Magic Portalsâ„¢. He definiately enhanced the trick with these, in my opinion.

It requires some practice, as there are three moves. But I think these are all rather innocuous and I have to tweak it a bit as I came up with a couple of ideas to smooth it out. I was able to fool my fellow magic club members during its demo. Even those who knew the basic workings of the effect couldn't figure out how I did it and was able to let them examine the panel so quickly.

The panel can be taken apart so that the glass piece can be replaced if scratched or marred. This was made from cherry; I'm going to build a second one with walnut.

Click here to view attached image.
lnlver
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lnlver
lnlver
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lnlver
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
Very, very nice!
And I love the fact that you made the extra mechanism that allows examination also of the panel. Neither the original nor my version have this. And I'm also honoured that you adopted my idea of tubular portals.

Good job, congrats!
Kevin Janise
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Kevin Janise
Looks very nice. Do you have any posted video of you demoing it?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Nice job. I would suggest though when taking photos, you want the light behind you.
Nice piece though.Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
lnlver
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Yes, I know about the light. I'm trying to make a You Tube video of the trick if I can figure out how to get an account.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My version - Magic Wagon's Pagoda Mystery (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL