The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Close-up Cardiographic by Martin Lewis (67 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Mtmagic, may I ask which of Joe's bands you purchased? Did you apply the elastraflex or were they pre-treated? Thanks/
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Rosariorose9, I purchased the bands already treated, I think all the bands he sells are treated.

threadman77 - I'll stand by my thinking that this is a worker. The reactions I recieved were incredible and I have no problem using it in the restaurant, I had three different customers tell me they were going to frame it. As soon as Martin releases new ones with different cards I'll be picking that up also.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, AceFace wrote:
Received today You are in complete control of the speed at which the card rises and all your fingers are in view at all times

This was posted once before where it is stated, "All your fingers are in view at all times". I have yet to see a demo where five fingers are in view while the effect is being performed. Is this possible?
I am just curious if I missed something in the available demos.

Thanks
Phil
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2018, Merlin wrote:
This was posted once before where it is stated, "All your fingers are in view at all times". I have yet to see a demo where five fingers are in view while the effect is being performed. Is this possible?
I am just curious if I missed something in the available demos.
Thanks
Phil

Not sure whether or not I saw it in a demo, but, I have the effect, and all of your fingers (and your thumb) CAN be visible while the effect is being performed. And thanks, mtmagic for your answer.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I love this. There are some shortcomings and it is not for every table when you are hopping. But it just looks so cool when it rises. I do not draw anything additional as I do not want to take the time to erase between performances and just use a story that I made a prediction last night and drew it then... or I had a dream and when I awoke I made a quick drawing of what I saw. Just my style and it works for me. I did have a little problem with the card not always rising but that seems to have loosened up and now it is working great. You can show all five fingers but of course in some grips one is holding it from the back. Just depends how you want to hold the pad. Great job Martin. I too will probably purchase a second card version when available.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
threadman77
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of threadman77
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2018, mtmagic wrote:

threadman77 - I'll stand by my thinking that this is a worker. The reactions I recieved were incredible and I have no problem using it in the restaurant, I had three different customers tell me they were going to frame it. As soon as Martin releases new ones with different cards I'll be picking that up also.

I've been performing 4 nights a week in restaurants for 30 years. I would never do a card trick were only one card can be revealed. It is definitely a great trick - definitely not a walk around worker.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Is anyone else struggling to get a smooth rise? I am thinking mine may be faulty. No smooth at all. It either stays put or shoots up...
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well from the sound of it it may be getting hooked on the sleeve which would cause it to not rise. If it rises too fast that is just learning the right amount of pressure release you use. With this effect if the card rises it works you just need to practice with it a little. Hope this helps.

Good magic to all,

Eric
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
The main problem with performing this effect close up is - After the spectator gets amazed, they would definitely want to see the "magic" pad. And when we won't be able to comply, the magical moment will have diminished. I will still reserve performing this only on stage.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I honestly have never had someone ask to see the pad. But I guess that could happen. But remember it should look like you simply tore the page out.

Good magic to all,

Eric
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
I admit I do not have this, but wonder why folks are saying this is not good for walk around with only one card reveal? I too work restaurants and do several routines where the same card is forced. Tables do not compare their experiences. I have never had an issue doing the "same card reveal" Perhaps within different venues, it may be an issue?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
There’s walk-around in restaurants and walk-around at corporate functions.
In the first they typically do not know diners at other tables but at other events or parties they likely do.

Plus, letting them keep the sheet as a give away makes it more likely the same card will be noticed without anyone having to specifically talk about it.

I think restaurants would generally be fine but there are factors specific to each one which may cause it to be little or no problem at one and a much bigger issue at another.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
I have performed cardiographic on stage for many years now. Having the same reveal while performing multiple stage shows on the same day at the same location was indeed an issue - albeit, it was not a huge issue. Once Martin updated the original stage version with two reveals, this just made an awesome trick that much better for this mentioned situation. As a ‘one off’, it has always destroyed the audience. With that said, I’ve performed the original version on large stages and in living rooms and never did I feel as though the ‘heat’ was on the pad. In fact, the so called heat is on the paper that you tear off the pad. After many years of performing this, I’ve never had anyone, in any situation, ask to see the pad. I also perform close-up magic in many different situations and I believe that the ‘heat’ will be the same - that is, on the paper you tear off. Strong control of your performance, and thus your audience, will result in the audience not caring about the pad, rather the tear off sheet. Martin Lewis will tell you the same! So will others who write about performance- read Ken Weber, Tamariz etc. Once the members of the audience have realized that the tear off sheet is exactly what they imagined it to be, they will be blown away by the fact that it is in their hands. And as others have already written, hopefully they will run off to have it framed! Once Martin Lewis updates this new version with other reveals, just as he did with the stage version, this will be that much stronger in a corporate walk around session. For restaurants, I believe the one reveal is fine. Especially if your set from table to table is not identical. While I’ve had tables tell other tables “you need to see this guy”, Ive never had tables say, “that’s the same trick, with the same result he did for us”. Well done Martin! I cannot wait to get my new walk around killer effect!
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Over the last three days I have performed this at least 40 times at our county fair and not one person has asked to see the pad, all the attention has been on the torn off sheet.
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
For folks that are experiencing a jerky rise, or want to make the existing rise smoother, I have uploaded a video that addresses just that.
https://vimeo.com/magikraft/ccgjerkfix
Pass = CCGJF

Martin
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2018, mtmagic wrote:
Over the last three days I have performed this at least 40 times at our county fair and not one person has asked to see the pad, all the attention has been on the torn off sheet.

EXACTLY!! Well done!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Thank you Martin. As always great after sale service. Perhaps one more video for those whose card gets stuck and does not rise?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Mine arrived yesterday. Have not had time to look at instructions but was stupidly playing around with it and the moving piece jumped from s**t and is now behind the page. Guess I should look at the instructions huh, but is there an easy fix ?
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Hahahahaha....yep, knew it....shoulda watched the instructions. All is well in the world of Cardiographic !! Great piece of stuff by the way, can't wait to try this out. only minor quibble is would have been good with some sort of easy lock and unlock so you have a bit more freedom handling the pad. Maybe I'll figure something out !! Other than that, works perfectly
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I've just bought this and having a play with it. Amuses me every time the card rises. We magicians really are kids ( even though my grey beard says otherwise). Question for Barry Getelson. Barry, you mentioned not making the additional drawing and I can see why due to the erasing time. I was thinking the same thing. So does that mean you have permanently added the 'extra lines' on the main page so that it matches the tear out page?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Close-up Cardiographic by Martin Lewis (67 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL