The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Live Train Tracking Seminar (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine hired me to perform at a gathering of his recently, and we got to talking about Train Tracking. I had performed it for him (Leaf) and several of his guests (Fruitfly and Centurion - GREAT WORDS), and afterward, he started chatting to me about how seeing it in action really made him want to actually learn it. He had the book and we chatted a bit and it was apparent that he'd have benefitted from actually having a bit of one to one, face to face practice - in an situation where failing was perfectly acceptable. In fact, I've chatted with a lot of people who are in a similar boat - they know what to do, but need practice with HOW to think as they work toward the finale of the piece.

So, I thought it'd be nice to offer a seminar where Train Tracking owners could get together, practice, and learn while receiving feedback from me as they progress.

I'd do this at no cost. Probably a two day affair. Must have a copy of Train Tracking to attend.

My question is - would there be much interest in this? And if so, what dates would work best for people?

Thanks and all the best,

Atlas
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
402 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I'd be interested! How do we stay posted on this? Watch this thread?
//Sean Beard
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Wait a minute….

So Atlas brings out a limited edition book – that is actually limited [wasn't the usual BS hype]

It sells out – and he doesn’t weasel a way to bring out a new 2.0 version

Instead he offers owners, loads of his free time and help – at no cost [?]

He seems to have brought out a quality product, been honest about it [limited edition], and gone beyond the expected in after care. Dear oh dear, he's giving sellers of magic/mentalism a bad name. He’s got this all wrong… poor lad.

I would suggest that Atlas bring out a video companion – that is discounted to owners, and new people can buy at a premium. As then he gets rewarded for his hard work…

But I’m not interested myself, as I’m waiting on the inevitable sequel ‘Truck Trailing’
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Wait a minute….

So Atlas brings out a limited edition book – that is actually limited [wasn't the usual BS hype]

It sells out – and he doesn’t weasel a way to bring out a new 2.0 version

Instead he offers owners, loads of his free time and help – at no cost [?]

He seems to have brought out a quality product, been honest about it [limited edition], and gone beyond the expected in after care. Dear oh dear, he's giving sellers of magic/mentalism a bad name. He’s got this all wrong… poor lad.

I guess that just about sums it up! I may be down in London the latter half of this week - in case you wanted to have lunch or something. Shoot me an email.

And Sean, I guess send me a PM. I might gather a list of people who are interested and then try to coordinate from there.

Oh - and I quit Facebook, but if you want to make a post linking to this thread and ask others to share it around, it might be helpful in getting the word out to owners who don't really surf these particular waters anymore.

Yours, etc., etc.,

Atlas
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Atlas, thanks so much for your generosity and commitment to your fans. I'd love to attend the gathering you describe, both for the practice and as an excuse for a trip. Are you thinking UK, US, or both?
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Did this session ever take place? Any chance of a Zoom version while we're all stuck at home?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3031 Posts

Profile of 252life
Atlas, I'm absolutely interested and thank you!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
You name the day and I'm there. 100% interested.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Guys, this post was made two years ago. I don't think they are planning this meeting now.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Manos, that's a very good point and well observed. I don't know if it ever happened but if not, perhaps Atlas will consider a Zoom Train Tracking chatanooga session now?
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2020, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
Guys, this post was made two years ago. I don't think they are planning this meeting now.

I'm asking *because* it's been two years. Seems like this is the perfect topic for Zoom, and much cheaper for all involved than meeting in the UK.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1094 Posts

Profile of shakuni
+1
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1263 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Atlas's last post on the Café was almost exactly a year ago to the day. You might have better luck emailing him.
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
Atlas's last post on the Café was almost exactly a year ago to the day. You might have better luck emailing him.

Just did, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Live Train Tracking Seminar (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL