The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Underhanded by Atlas Brookings and Joshua Fletcher (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I'm so glad that people are enjoying Underhanded and appreciate all the kind things that have been said about it. I'll fully acknowledge my bias in saying so, but I truly believe this is an amazing p**k, and as stated above, everything Atlas has added to my original idea is wonderful.

I own numerous wallets and have explored many p**k options over the past several years, but I can honestly say that none of them have served me as well as Underhanded. In fact, since developing the p**k, I no longer take anything to closeup gigs except business cards and a pen. Between the versatility of the method itself, and the routines and ideas included within the book, a person could do an entire closeup gig with nothing else. I say this with confidence because I have personally done so.

Thanks again for the interest and the feedback.

Joshua Fletcher
tricky360
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of tricky360
I bought Underhanded and have to say how simple it is to perform, and it certainly packs a punch. The spectator puts their own drawing into the stack of cards and you already know what it is, what more could you ask for. Nothing is gimmicked and no set up. Is it overpriced? It's subjective. If you consider the price of electronics and other p##k devices on the market (that could fail at any time) than no.

Am I going to use it? To right I am.

Incidentally I shared an idea with Atlas which you can use with Underhanded and he loved it, I'm happy to share with you guys. Just provide proof of purchase and iin-box me. (First name in the introduction)

Regards

Michael.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1275 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, tricky360 wrote:

Incidentally I shared an idea with Atlas which you can use with Underhanded and he loved it, I'm happy to share with you guys. Just provide proof of purchase and iin-box me. (First name in the introduction)

I had to chime in to say that this was really clever. Earlier on when I was mulling this over, I had a working of this - in fact, it was my original intention - but there was a problem that I couldn't solve, so I scrapped it in favor of the handling that is in the book. Then, after he read the book but before it was released, Andrew Brown said to me - "Hey, why don't you do this?!" And I said to him, "Because of this." And he went, "Oh yeah. Forgot about that." (Think about spreading the cards later - that's the problem).

And then Mick came up with this idea and it does use a gimmicked little bit, but it's not much and lets you do what both Andrew and I originally had in mind. I have to say, it is pretty smooth and worth talking to Mick about as it is a nice side option to know about.

At the very least, you'll be able to make sense of the otherwise unintelligible gibberish above.

All the best,

Atlas
mxfrncs
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mxfrncs
I thought this was great value for money. A brilliant all round utility peak that makes complete sense. Leaves the performer completely clean, super easy to do. Far cheaper than any peak or impression device. Definitely a worker with awesome routines included. You can tell the effects inside come right out their working repertoire. Good work guys👍
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Thanks mxfrncs! Glad you are happy with your purchase.

As Atlas stated above, Michael’s idea is a great addition. Coincidentally, I had the exact same idea that it seems Atlas and Andrew had, but I never shared it for the same reasons they never moved forward with it. Michael has found the solution. If you own Underhanded, I would definitely check it out.

Joshua Fletcher
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Underhanded is PURE GENIUS! You have thought through every minute detail, contingency, motivation and justification in what can only be described as the full business card peek PERFECTED. There are many business card peeks on the market, and I think I have purchased most of them. Some are good, others okay, some not so great.

Underhanded is the full business card peek PERFECTED.

No more peek wallets! No more CTs!

For those who have suggested the price is a little high, everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion. And everyone's situation is different to be sure. In my opinion, Underhanded is a STEAL. In an age when far too many people slap together an e-book with what usually amounts to a slight modification of an existing move or concept and little else, Underhanded delivers something truly valuable: a simple, highly useful, very deceptive and easy to execute full business card peek that I know I will use for the rest of my life.

Thank you for releasing Underhanded. This is a high quality release.

I think I can now say with a high degree of confidence my days of buying peek wallets are now over.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1556 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Getting tempted to buy this...Im just not sure if it will replace my imp wallet....to those who have it, can it look/be perceived as clean as an imp wallet (froma spectators point of view)?

thanks
sleepy
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
2882 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, Stunninger wrote:

I think I can now say with a high degree of confidence my days of buying peek wallets are now over.

Hmm, not sure if I believe that ! Smile

Underhanded has really grown on me over the last couple days as I practice it and add some of my own wrinkles.

It is really an excellent p**k.
Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:

Hmm, not sure if I believe that ! Smile

:)
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Something else to add about underhanded. It's fun and easy to do. Maybe fun because it's really easy. And yet, so deceptive.

It's a truly great feeling when they place the card in the middle of the stack and you are simultaneously instantly clean. There is nothing to find and their card is in the middle of the stack.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1556 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Something else to add about underhanded. It's fun and easy to do. Maybe fun because it's really easy. And yet, so deceptive.

It's a truly great feeling when they place the card in the middle of the stack and you are simultaneously instantly clean. There is nothing to find and their card is in the middle of the stack.

What's the difference in handling when the spectator puts the card in the middle compared to when you do it?

Thanks
Sleepy
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1294 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:

What's the difference in handling when the spectator puts the card in the middle compared to when you do it?

Thanks
Sleepy

Honestly, the whole handling is designed for the spectator putting their card into the middle. That's kind of what the entire premise is built on. If you do it yourself, you're missing out on perhaps the best feature of the peek.

Madison
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3652 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just purchased this. It is a terrific method and routining. I think all discussions in an open forum about procedures should be restrained or at least reserved for the Inner Thoughts section.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1294 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is a very very small point, and it may have even been mentioned in the pdf,

But after you get your peek, turn your head away and say “I won’t look.”

They’ll remember it as you being turned away the whole time. Just keep them in your perepheral to see if they do the thing which suggests the alternative route.

Madison
dr.nick
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of dr.nick
Bravo to Mr. F and Atlas! As a budding mentalist and previous customer of Atlas, I am never disappointed in his original or collaborated material. I actually paid full price because my email had changed and I didn’t receive the early adopter discount. Never the less, I am extremely pleased to own this. This is a work horse and the subtleties and routines take it to another level. Best of all, it’s not technically difficult which encourages me to use this after the requisite practice. Compared to the untold amount of magic junk I’ve purchased (don’t tell my wife) over the past 45 years, this is solid gold.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1275 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks mxfrncs, Stunninger, Last Laugh, Madison, and Dr. Nick - It is great to hear your feedback!

I really 100% stand behind Underhanded and I'm so glad you're jazzed about it too! Stunninger described it as the "full business card peek PERFECTED", and that is how I feel about it too. You really don't need anything else - especially when presentationally those extras don't make that much sense. And Madison's right as far as the reframing too.

I'm also seriously impressed that Dr. Nick has made only four posts in fourteen years and one of them was for this! That's gotta count for something!

All the best,

Atlas
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Words on a green screen can’t truly express the gratitude and joy I feel from all the positive feedback Underhanded has received. I have spent more money and hours of practice on other p**k methods than I care to recount, and I can honestly say that I prefer Underhanded over them all. It has literally solved every problem I have with all the preexisting methods I have explored.

No presentational restrictions. No awkward moves. Amazing angles. All the time in the world to p**k.

Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to comment here and in private. It means a lot!

Sincerely,

Josh
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1469 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just ordered and ready to dig in Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1065 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I also think this was overpriced. As someone who developed numerous ways to peek business cards using card moves - this one was nothing special - and in fact uses one the the least non-fooling card moves there is. As part of a book this would have been ok - but not a $50 standalone effect. I'm glad everyone is happy with their purchase though.
Lakewood, Ohio
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1556 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2018, j100taylor wrote:
I also think this was overpriced. As someone who developed numerous ways to peek business cards using card moves - this one was nothing special - and in fact uses one the the least non-fooling card moves there is. As part of a book this would have been ok - but not a $50 standalone effect. I'm glad everyone is happy with their purchase though.

Purchased this yesterday and I agree. There's been a lot of thought behind this no doubt, but I find the price to be too expensive for what it is.

But again it's subjective.

Sleepy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Underhanded by Atlas Brookings and Joshua Fletcher (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL