The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Underhanded by Atlas Brookings and Joshua Fletcher (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3243 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Stunninger wrote:

I've decided to sell off my collection of peek wallets now.

Surely not the Jaks!

Also side note for other Underhanded purchasers. I've decided I prefer a slightly different handling of the first 'move'. It feels more natural to me. I'd be happy to share if anyone wants to PM. Please include in the PM the last word on the 'Introduction' page so I can verify purchase.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:

Surely not the Jaks!

:) Yeah, not the Jaks or the Complete Peeks. I have a few of each and probably won't part with them.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
736 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
I love peeks. The idea of having a stack of business cards doesn't appeal to me. I discarded numerous methods using such stacks, and I've been using ONE card for years now, natural selection over countless performances finally making of A.N. my peek of choice.

However I am confident that this is good. I will buy it, upon recommendation of Warren THACKERAY and Madison HAGLER, who both get my trust and respect.

It IS pricey, but quality has a cost, and I am expecting this to deliver.

Love, always

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:

Exactly. There really isn't any reason to own one when you've got this. It isn't some super duper new amazing secret - just a nicely choreographed, quiet little workhorse that is so easy to do that it lets you just focus on presentation - and offers a lot of versatility there too.

Matthew, I'd love to see what you've come up with - especially as it seems clear that you have become fond of Underhanded once you got the cards out and worked through the procedure a few times. It really is something that you just fall in love with as you work with it.

Phedon, sounds great!

All the best,

Atlas
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7409 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hallelujah. An effect that does away with “he’s using a trick wallet’ routine. Thank you Atlas. Everyone do me a favour and do not buy any of Stunningers peek wallets. Buy this instead. No one will be looking this up on YouTube.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Hallelujah. An effect that does away with “he’s using a trick wallet’ routine. Thank you Atlas. Everyone do me a favour and do not buy any of Stunningers peek wallets. Buy this instead. No one will be looking this up on YouTube.

Thanks very much Pegasus! I know you have exacting standards, so I do appreciate such a kind comment. Though I do hope Stunninger can sell his wallets Smile

All the best,

Atlas
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I have to agree with Pegasus. Anyone would be much better off buying underhanded than a peek wallet. I've decided to hold off selling my collection for now, anyway, just because I'm way too busy. But I will sell them off eventually.

Cannot tell you how much I am loving underhanded. Everything about it works so well. So incredibly well thought through. Every last detail.

As much as I loved wallets in the past, I didn't like carrying something expensive and gimmicked. I didn't like expensive because expensive props do get lost, go missing, need to be replaced, etc. Didn't like gimmicked because if you perform enough, some people will grab the wallet or ask "can I see the wallet?" after the effect. I know, I know, asking to see the wallet shouldn't be an issue "with proper audience management" but some will ask, and others will think it - even if they don't verbalize it.

These issues, and so many others are all resolved with Underhanded.

Pure genius.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
LL, I’d love to see what you’ve come up with! Please do share.

Phedon, with Underhanded, the use of a stack is completely natural and justified.

Stunninger and Pegasus, I have the same feelings regarding wallets, pads, etc. I am not adamantly opposed to using gimmicked items, and of course, with proper audience management and routining these items can fly under the radar. However, when you provide an experience that doesn’t align with a person’s preexisting worldview, it is only natural for them to seek answers and understanding. With Underhanded, the participant convinces themselves that everything is fair and above board, and you are truly left beyond reproach.

Thanks,
Josh
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7409 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Absolutely Josh. To me (now) it’s only performing magic that cannot be back tracked further down the line by visiting YouTube.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I just saw a very nice review on Favebook: "Underhanded is hands down a method and effect you will have infinite returns from."

Lovely comment and it was a pleasure to see such high praise given for Underhanded! Thanks Warren Smile

All the best,

Atlas
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
After learning Underhanded I now use it daily. Have not used any of my p@@k wallets since.

Weeks after purchasing Underhanded I'm just as excited about it as the day I got it, but more importantly I'm using every day.

This is one of the best investments I've ever made in my mind reading education.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Stunninger wrote:
After learning Underhanded I now use it daily. Have not used any of my p@@k wallets since.

Weeks after purchasing Underhanded I'm just as excited about it as the day I got it, but more importantly I'm using every day.

This is one of the best investments I've ever made in my mind reading education.

Heck of a follow up comment right there. This is exactly how I felt and why I'm so high on Underhanded.

Don't just read it - try it - you'll be a convert.

Stunninger, have you tried the Epic Triple Fail yet?

All the best,

Atlas
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, Atlas wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Stunninger wrote:

Heck of a follow up comment right there. This is exactly how I felt and why I'm so high on Underhanded.

Don't just read it - try it - you'll be a convert.

Stunninger, have you tried the Epic Triple Fail yet?

All the best,

Atlas

Atlas, I've not tried Epic Triple Fail yet, and will work on that next.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
209 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I recognize this may be totally different, but how does this compare to Lewis Le Val's AOK? Seems similar conceptually, though it sounds like the methods are very different. Curious if anyone has any thoughts on one compared to the other? Thanks.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
No2ss,
Thank you for your interest in Underhanded. It is quite a bit different than AOK. Without going into too much detail, a couple differences worth noting are that Underhanded is more flexible presentationally and requires much less handling of the cards. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Josh
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
It's been a while since I have used AOK. I recall AOK is more geared towards multiple spectators/participants and is intended to be used while sitting at a table. You could do AOK standing at a table, but you need a table or flat surface to place the cards on.

Agree with Josh that Underhanded is more flexible and requires less handling. I use Underhanded while standing (no need to be sitting and no need for a table), and it is great for walk-around. Underhanded is also ideal for one-on-one performances, but can also be performed for a group.

With Underhanded, everything occurs right out in the open. No need to drop your hands to your sides, under a table, or anything similar.

I recall really liking AOK when I learned it, but I did stop using it after a while. Underhanded I use daily.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Well, I put off buying this for quite some time because in all honesty I felt it was overpriced compared to similar effects on the market. But finally, I could put it off no longer and had to somewhat begrudgingly "bite the bullet". Happily, I discovered that I liked it quite a lot and will certainly use it. So at the end of the day I was glad I took the plunge and that the cost was worth it to me as it will be something I will use and therefore had tremendous value to me. It will replace my current gimmicked stack which is saying a lot.

Something perhaps worth mentioning, that I don't believe has been mentioned before (but at 5 pages it could well be in this thread and I overlooked it) is that the one "move" required in this method can be a tad difficult for some people. Or maybe it's just me. But I've always had a bit of trouble with it or anything remotely like it even outside of magic. It's difficult for me when using playing cards but it is made much worse when trying to use business cards. There is simply no way even if I practiced every day for 10 years I would ever do it consistently with my current business cards.

But I liked the method enough and wanted to use it so I actually bought new business cards which have a quality that is more conducive to doing what is required. This was not a big deal as I buy them online for under $35.00 and I was about due for new ones anyway. I'm certainly not saying that YOU will need to buy new business cards as I highly doubt you will. It's just me. But it was worth it. I have nicer cards now, not only for the this effect but they are nicer in general.

Long story short, this really is an amazing (and amazingly simple) method that I would highly recommend.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
209 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Videoman... can you say anything about which kinds of business cards work better for Underhanded? Not trying to fish for the method, but now just curious if my current cards will work to make the "move" easier. And, not knowing the move, not sure if it's one that I have the knack for or one that I curse everyone else for being able to do. Smile So any note on what kinds of cards work better would be useful (also, thanks to Stunninger and Mr. F for the comparisons to AOK -- very useful. I like AOK a lot, but it is true that it's limited mostly to being at a table, and it is better with multiple reveals, though I've used it for one-on-one as well).
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Videoman, thanks for your review - I am thrilled to hear your feedback.

No2ss - Somewhat glossy cards work best. Though flat finish cards can work well if you take a moment to rub them against each other so that their natural tendency to grab one another is somewhat negated.

All the best,

Atlas
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
209 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Atlas: thanks. I generally have used blank cards that are in that range of "somewhat glossy" so that should work... Trying to budget my spending, but will put this on the list to pick up at some point hopefully later this year. The reviews do seem great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Underhanded by Atlas Brookings and Joshua Fletcher (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL