The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Power by Casshan Wallace (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3726 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2018, Josh Burch wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
Gimmick included. It packs flat. No charge for shipping. Of course it is IT maybe with a little wax included. $19,95 is a bit high for this, but I do not have it and without reviews, I have no interest in getting it.

I've watched the video, I think without the gimmick the information is easily worth $20. There are several new handlings of classic effects. You get a few ideas for levitating a dollar bill, a haunted deck, and the straw effect. There's a bunch of other tips and tricks included as well. The method is great, it allows you to do a bunch of stuff that other versions of these effects can't do. The stand out of course is the main effect with the straw. With one setup you get an amazing two phase effect and that's great.

I've spent more on less and been happy. $20 for just a lecture on this setup is worth the money in my view.

Thank you for the clarification and additional information. I was not aware it included these extra material. In that case, the price is very fair.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
More money saved.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1073 Posts

Profile of StarManager
OK - We all know it is IT or Superhuman powers so through deduction . . . . I went and bought it because I do not know a way to do an IT effect the way I see it in the trailer and I like the option. I do not have the package yet but I watched the two extensive videos. I have tons of IT at my disposal and a Tarantula and Re*l* and a few Spider Pens . . . I got me a lifetime supply of LO*ps and I cannot do this the way shown with any of that stuff. The videos are good. The secret is smart and somewhat obvious after the fact. In fact I read about it years ago. There is a Bo** Ba** employed and if you know what it is -- I still recommend you get the trick. If you don't you should get it just to know! This appears practical and getting in and out of the setup is the same effort as using LO**s but in some ways it is way smarter. I want to share with my brothers here but not tip - so I'll finish with this is well worth $20. The video is solid. The concept is good and you'll get IT in the mail if you understand. I'll go out tonight and try it as I've made my own but no way I'd be doing this without the excellent thinking on the video. I say buy it and support this creator and hope he brings us more stuff!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2018, StarManager wrote:

* I'll go out tonight and try it as I've made my own but no way I'd be doing this without the excellent thinking on the video.

* I say buy it and support this creator and hope he brings us more stuff!

Thank you for the nice review. I liked your positive approach in judging the effect and its creator.

You have put me on the fence on this one. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
400 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I just want to voice a compliment that this is significantly cheaper, and the creator is significantly more confident in his work than most of the "propless mentalism" releases I've seen this year. Just remember, you could be paying twice as much for an unjustified process-heavy mental magic effect that is filler at best, from a creator that came up with the idea last week over a beer and wrote a 4-page booklet sold as a limited release book teaching a time-tested technique for discerning the thoughts of mortals yada yada yada

OR you could support a driven younger guy like Casshan that gets on here and stands by his work--which might turn out to be a nice step forward in thread-work.

;D
//Sean Beard
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
I bought it and like it a lot. The Power is Casshan Wallace's clever a practical work with a particular hookup for IET that others have explored, some of whom are credited.

Even if you are familiar with this particular IET method, as I was, I think you will be delighted with how Mr. Wallace deploys it for the ultra clean and deceptive pk straw effects and for the other effects taught in the video instructions. The IET hookup used here requires no wax or anchor points, at least in the traditional sense, and is always ready to go once you leave your house with it "on." The floating bill he teaches, with the open bill tent-folded, rivals the versions that require expensive, fidgety elecronic pens or hand-held gadgets, and the haunted deck well simiulates Nick Einhorn's "Spooked" without the need for a mechanical device.

IMO, this is well worth the 20 for a mini lecture that teaches inventive, practical, and impactful uses for this gimmick and hookup.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
About 13 years ago I had explained one of my pet hook-up for IT (applicable for IET as well) - The Armpit hook-up. With this hook up one can easily perform the 'The Power' effect.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
About 13 years ago I had explained one of my pet hook-up for IT (applicable for IET as well) - The Armpit hook-up. With this hook up one can easily perform the 'The Power' effect.

Smile

Where can we find the information for this?

I used to work with b*** b**** before I switched to the tarantula which was more practical for me

Thanks
Sleepy
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3726 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Based on the positive and informative reviews and Casshan's passionate comments, I took the plunge and ordered. I will watch the download later tonight.
I am sure the explanations, routines and hookups are great.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:

On THIS page. It says and may I please quote the relevant extract:-

Quote:
On Jan 3, 2005, Ustaad wrote:

I have a permanent IT hookup always ready to go. The IT is hooked under both my armpits to the shirt/ T-shirt. The IT has a reasonable slack so that if left alone it is in the form of a 'U'. The lower end of the 'U' must be slightly below the navel.

And THIS page. it's regarding using an IET and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On Aug 22, 2007, Ustaad wrote:

Sorry for going off topic.

THIS post might interest you.

Just an additional idea/ method.

Smile
P.S. The IET has sufficient slack so that it hangs in the from of a 'U'. The lower portion of the 'U' is near about the pants belt. The color of the shirt must be so that it camouflages the IET (needless to say! Smile ).

Hope that helps!

Smile
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On THIS page. It says and may I please quote the relevant extract:-

Quote:
On Jan 3, 2005, Ustaad wrote:

I have a permanent IT hookup always ready to go. The IT is hooked under both my armpits to the shirt/ T-shirt. The IT has a reasonable slack so that if left alone it is in the form of a 'U'. The lower end of the 'U' must be slightly below the navel.

And THIS page. it's regarding using an IET and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On Aug 22, 2007, Ustaad wrote:

Sorry for going off topic.

THIS post might interest you.

Just an additional idea/ method.

Smile
P.S. The IET has sufficient slack so that it hangs in the from of a 'U'. The lower portion of the 'U' is near about the pants belt. The color of the shirt must be so that it camouflages the IET (needless to say! Smile ).

Hope that helps!

Smile

It's great that you have a setup that is useful to you, but to me, that setup seems as little excessive and not as safe to use walking around and interacting with people as the IT is free to float around. That's not a problem with the setup I use. And honestly, IET is so much better than IT in my opinion. I'm all about the freedom and types of animations you can get with IET.
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
Quote:

Smile

I used to work with b*** b**** before I switched to the tarantula which was more practical for me

Thanks
Sleepy

tarantula is not more practical than b*** b**** lol I guess it depends on what type of work you do with IT though
You can call me Cash!

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Casshan wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smile

Thanks
Sleepy

tarantula is not more practical than b*** b**** lol I guess it depends on what type of work you do with IT though

Guess it's different for different people, I can quickly pop the tarantula in my pocket before I go out...if my b*** b*** breaks then I'm gonna have to carry some IET round with me.

Also, imo so many more environments are suitable for IT than IET.

But I guess it's whatever suits you.

Sleepy
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smile

Thanks
Sleepy

Guess it's different for different people, I can quickly pop the tarantula in my pocket before I go out...if my b*** b*** breaks then I'm gonna have to carry some IET round with me.

Also, imo so many more environments are suitable for IT than IET.

But I guess it's whatever suits you.

Sleepy

Fair statement
You can call me Cash!

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

It's great that you have a setup that is useful to you, but to me, that setup seems as little excessive and not as safe to use walking around and interacting with people as the IT is free to float around. That's not a problem with the setup I use. And honestly, IET is so much better than IT in my opinion. I'm all about the freedom and types of animations you can get with IET.

I have been using my set up for the more than 15 years (and its more than 13 years since I shared my hookup here at the Café). For your kind of an effect I would certainly use an IET and not IT. And as for the IT/IET left to freely float around, that doesn't happen. The IT/IET clings to your clothing automatically. Trust me I have been using this set up for a very long time.

As for your setup, I can't comment as I have not seen it yet. Also I would not like to compare your setup with mine.

I am happy to see that people whose opinion I believe and trust, have given your effect & method a pretty good review.

Wish you and your new release good luck.

Take care.

Back on topic please. Smile

Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1073 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Ustaad has some brilliant work out there. There are a lot of similarities between The Power and some of Ustaad's work. I personally believe The Power is worth the price for the value of the video alone. Ustaad should be credited in the PDF that comes with the product for his contribution to the history, in my opinion.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, StarManager wrote:
Ustaad has some brilliant work out there. There are a lot of similarities between The Power and some of Ustaad's work. I personally believe The Power is worth the price for the value of the video alone. Ustaad should be credited in the PDF that comes with the product for his contribution to the history, in my opinion.

Good info here^ I'm willing to add more credits to the project if there are any similarities to my work

Cash
You can call me Cash!

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1073 Posts

Profile of StarManager
You are a gentleman, Cash! Suggest you PM Ustaad and share your method and "get into" and understand his different but parallel armpit solution. And everyone else, jump on board and drop that $20 to support cash?
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, StarManager wrote:
You are a gentleman, Cash! Suggest you PM Ustaad and share your method and "get into" and understand his different but parallel armpit solution. And everyone else, jump on board and drop that $20 to support cash?

Yeah for sure! And thanks for your support as well🙏🏼
You can call me Cash!

codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Here's my review!

I bought this and have been trying it out on people after some practice. The download for me is 3 main sections or parts. A straw/glass routine, the bill section, and the playing card/haunted pack section. The one highlighted in the trailer is the straw routine. Personally that’s the one I see myself doing least. It is a great routine, but I have tried at home with a few glass cups and I can’t get it to work super well. I see this working a lot better with Coffee Straws as well. I would give the routine probably a 4/5
The bill section is my favorite. It’s the one I have tried out in restaurants and more of a walk around setting. There are so many variations and hook ups that make it so cool and so workable. It’s really simple to get into, and it is my favorite bill levitation period. If you are looking to have a bill on the ground and shoot up to your hand I would go with the tarantula, but if you are looking for just a bill levitation and want to show your hands super empty and keep them from the bill this is for you. 5/5
The haunted pack section is super good, and one of my favorite things about this is that you can stand up and the pack can be on the ground and it’s up to you when you want it to move. It could be 10 seconds, 10 minutes. I give this a 5/5 as well, but the bill is by far the best in my eyes.
I love the hook up of this download, as it gives you so much more freedom, and resets instantly. I highly recommend this product to those who don’t like to use IT, and those who are experts with it. I have worked with it a decent amount, but am far from an expert, and have gotten a lot of new info with this download. Great job on this Cash!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Power by Casshan Wallace (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL