The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bliss by Noel Qualter (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Noel
View Profile
Loyal user
Surrey, England
205 Posts

Profile of Noel
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2018, Noel wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
Can you use Bliss while sitting in a chair at a table or meant to be used while standing? Can you sit with Bliss in ready position?

Hey, I’ve pmd you.

I'd like to know this also please

I have tried BLISS sat down but it’s less than ideal. You can certainly do what needs to be done but I don't think it looks nearly as good as stood up.
Noel
View Profile
Loyal user
Surrey, England
205 Posts

Profile of Noel
The ‘noise’ isn’t an issue. In performance as others have observed there is alwaays ambient noise. If you happen to be performing in a library just talking over the moment it connects will cover. When you are wearing jacket, shirt etc it will slow down the r##l and help to muffle sound. Honestly, I’ve performed BLISS thousands of times and nobody notices any noise.

Noel (The BLISS guy)
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2018, Noel wrote:
The ‘noise’ isn’t an issue. In performance as others have observed there is alwaays ambient noise. If you happen to be performing in a library just talking over the moment it connects will cover. When you are wearing jacket, shirt etc it will slow down the r##l and help to muffle sound. Honestly, I’ve performed BLISS thousands of times and nobody notices any noise.

Noel (The BLISS guy)

Perhaps the r**l on the one I had wasn't set correctly as there was no way I could have performed this in my living room for the wife without here hearing the loud snap as that certain something does its job even with the TV on she would have heard it.However I agree completely that in a normal working situation noise wouldn't be an issue.

I wish you every success with your product Noel I'm positive it will do very well Smile
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
WOW Finally received BLISS, I ordered direct from Noel and it arrived super fast!

This thing is insane, its so good. The vanish is so clean and reliable. This is the final answer to Bill to impossible location. It is so well made and you can tell the amount of effort that has gone into it.

I have actually worked this now and I can tell you the reactions are killer!

Well done Noel, my advice get this quick!!
david abel
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of david abel
I was one of the earlier purchasers of Bliss. I don’t know why we magicians are so het up by packaging. The audience NEVER see the packaging. So why are we so obsessed.... ok I’ll come clean I love it! it comes in a great sexy Apple esque style box, this to me shows one thing...from the outset just how much thought has gone into this. The props are quality. The online instructions really really helpful. Plus you get access to a helpful on line forum. But the tutorial is great. Really well explained in all the finer detail. And it works. Sound is not an issue. The load with a small bit of practice is not an issue. I love the timing of the vanish and how you can break the moments down to revealing the note. I have actually got the load down very smoothly and have come up with some jokey patter which easily explains all the moves. This is a definite keeper and in my act. Happy in the future to share some videos via the Facebook group. Well done Noel. This is a great prop. Great thinking too.
JamieDocherty
View Profile
New user
UK
2 Posts

Profile of JamieDocherty
What can I say about BLISS - It's INCREDIBLE!

Super easy to do and gets killer reactions. UK's new plastic notes are surprisingly much easier to use, which is great! Device is completely invisible during performance.

Selfishly, I wish this was priced a little higher so not everyone buys it! Seriously though, if you're even considering getting this, don't hesitate, just do it and you won't regret it!
Houdinibar
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Houdinibar
We were lucky enough to have a play with this at the bar. BLISS is a fantastic system for loading a note into a sharpie. We have had lots of tricks and gizmos fly through the bar but this is a real worker. If you work in the real world this is for you. A serious performer can see the real advantage to having this impossiable ending to a set. I have read a lot about bulky and noise but they obviously have not used it in the real world. Get out there and do it. Then you will see that this is a well thought out system that is out the way and perfect for the worker.
The noise is not noticeable. If I could give this a star rating it would be a 5 out of 5.
Well done Noel. Perfect device for an impossiable and amazing effect.
tmacka
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of tmacka
Just received this and it’s really great. Doesn’t make much noise at all and is very quick to get to grips with. I thought it was a little pricey for what it is, but I’m definitely going to be using it.
deceptions
View Profile
New user
England
2 Posts

Profile of deceptions
I've known Noel for a long time and he's a friend. I've watched BLISS develop from a gaffer tape prototype to the thing of beauty it is today. I've been using bliss since Feb at my gigs and I love using it, simple to use and perfect for a walk around magician as It's almost instant reset.
russ brown
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of russ brown
I have to say I have been using BLISS for about 1 month now and it's a total worker. I have had no issue at all with the sound by the way. Im finding it hard to top and usually finish my set on the reveal.
On another note it's the first thing I have put in my set in 5 years! Usually I find something I like and use it a few times before I go back to my normal stuff, this on the other hand is a keeper.
Any worker will instantly see the potential.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I played around with Bliss and it's truly an impressive device. The unit clips to your belt and doesn't add any bulk under your jacket. The loading sequence (with a reel) is quite easy and surefire. But to finalize the load it does require a two-step process done behind your back but it's not difficult. It will however take some practice to get it down smoothly so that you're not fumbling around too much back there.

I own Nick Einhorn's Bill to Marker and it's also a very nicely machined prop. But where Bliss shines the most is the vanishing of the bill because it's very hard to beat a pull. It's like comparing a traditional Ring Flight (with a reel) versus a non-reel ring flight solution like Nick's excellent Pro Flight. But both will get the job done just fine.

Another thing that I liked about Bliss was not having to take up any valuable pocket space. With Nick's Bill to Marker you do have to carry around the two large markers in a pocket. However, with Nick's the reset is a little better because it can be done right in front of the spectator. Bliss does take a few seconds of "sneaky time" but it's pretty quick and easy.

So, there are pluses and minuses to both options. You honestly can't go wrong with owning both if your budget allows. I will probably keep Bliss and Bill to Marker and choose the best option depending on my performing environment. If you like the bill to Sharpie plot and have the cash then you probably won't be disappointed. The noise thing is a total non-issue. Anybody who is complaining about the noise that a reel makes has never worked professionally. Bliss is not something you can perform one-on-one in a library setting where people can hear a pin drop but neither is any ring flight that employs a traditional reel.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Just as an additional note you don’t have to reveal the note in the pen right away either you can reveal any way you like!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2018, Daren wrote:
Just as an additional note you don’t have to reveal the note in the pen right away either you can reveal any way you like!

Good point Daren.
In fact, I always like to go on to something else and get a few laughs as people wonder if the borrowed bill is ever coming back.
I'm sure it would make the 2-step loading much easier too as it would be much more on an offbeat and could be done a while before you actually bring out the Sharpie.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yeah my plan is to vanish bill, retrieve normal sharpie and go into a signed card effect, place pen away, and then bring back out again (ahem) and then finish card effect, then show bill inside the pen all along!
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
360 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Bliss arrived this morning and I’ve been playing with it all day! It’s midnight now and I’ve got work in the morning so I better get some sleep lol!
Marcus Black
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Marcus Black
I’ve been performing Bliss at every opportunity. It gets amazing reactions. I can see it being my new closer, it’s that strong.
jay1209
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of jay1209
Had my Bliss since it was released earlier this month and have been full on practising to get this smooth. I have now tried it twice at two recent gigs just to see how this plays in real time and it truly is a fantastic working effect. The props are super quality and made to last, the vanish is quick and clean, loading is easy once you get the movement down and the reactions are great. I cannot recommend this highly enough for the worker. I own the Nick Einhorn version but I have now found its replacement.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I would love to have a comparaision between BLISS and Sharp Money from Ben Williams.. :c
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2018, Ceierry wrote:
I would love to have a comparaision between BLISS and Sharp Money from Ben Williams.. :c

EDIT: Got Sharp Money, very cool idea. Might be enought for me .. And there's a lot of similarities between both to be honest ..
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:

EDIT: Got Sharp Money, very cool idea. Might be enought for me .. And there's a lot of similarities between both to be honest ..

It does seem like both have similarities. One aspect I like about Sharp Money that doesn't happen in Bliss is that the Sharpie does not go out of site of the audience. Adds to the impossibility of the effect. Though, it seems Bliss would be easier to accomplish the bill in maker effect.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bliss by Noel Qualter (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL