The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulums... looking for good resources, ebooks, etc (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Hi,

I have an idea for a fun use of a pendulum, and am curious about material that would be helpful for additional effects. I see that Anthem Flint has an ebook on Penguin, as well as
Doc Hilford. Curious about those... and am looking for others.

Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance!
Doug
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Http://www.magicpendulums.com/

https://ningthing.com/review-swingers-pa......c-tahoe/

Check out the links listed. TC Tahoe has a great book titled "Swinger's Party" which is great for beginners, and David Thiel has an entire series devoted to pendulum magic. David's writing style is such that I think I could read his grocery list with amusement and anticipation, plus his series can lead you to other resources.
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
Black hart has some good stuff on pendulums as well.

http://www.blackhart.co.uk/pendulumplus.html
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
You won’t go wrong with any of the suggestions, but I will certainly second the TC Tahoe book. I refer to it regularly.

Another one worth reading is Richard Webster’s Pendulum Magic for Beginners. It is a shut eye book and loaded with uses for a pendulum.

Patrick
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
When someone mentions pendulums the first resource that comes to mind is David Thiel and Sheree (hope I spelled that right). Check out http://www.magicpendulums.com/
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Alternative pendulums that are not new age looking http://thedarkbizarre.com/pages/water.html

The Heaven & Hell and Spirit pendulums were voted a couple of the best.

Look at Luca Volpe, Neil Scryer, Richard Webster, Banachek etc.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Pablo Amira has some work on pendulums too
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Side note, if you are into the more new agey, crystal types of pendulums and you want something that is more towards fine jewelry than the cheaper stuff on Amazon and such, check this out:

https://www.crystalvaults.com/shaped-min......lums?p=1

They are sterling and very nicely made. I just got one out of golden quartz and moonstone (looks like that one is sold out now) and I'm really pleased with it.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Thank you for all the great replies! I will look into all of them! Smile

www.DougRoyMagic.com
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Side note, if you are into the more new agey, crystal types of pendulums and you want something that is more towards fine jewelry than the cheaper stuff on Amazon and such, check this out:

https://www.crystalvaults.com/shaped-min......lums?p=1

They are sterling and very nicely made. I just got one out of golden quartz and moonstone (looks like that one is sold out now) and I'm really pleased with it.

Look at the pictures only. Those types can be found for under ten dollars just about anywhere and are common at online auctions. The prices are way over market as the wholesale on those is under a 3 dollars.45 is ridiculous. Just trying to save you some cash. BTW most f those types you can get wholesale and offer in the back of the room as many of those styles where on my merch table .

Also Stevens Magic Emporium just put out a flash sale that has the download version of my forcing pendulum audio. This audio is a way to do forcing with a pendulum not held in your hands but theirs Which was released after the orginial forcing pendulums could no longer be made. Plus I think the program is on discount as well.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
A good wholesale source of pendulums can be found here.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Thanks Mentalist and Doug! You just helped me save a few bucks! Smile

www.DougRoyMagic.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2018, MentalistCreationLab wrote:

Look at the pictures only. Those types can be found for under ten dollars just about anywhere and are common at online auctions. The prices are way over market as the wholesale on those is under a 3 dollars.45 is ridiculous. Just trying to save you some cash. BTW most f those types you can get wholesale and offer in the back of the room as many of those styles where on my merch table .

Also Stevens Magic Emporium just put out a flash sale that has the download version of my forcing pendulum audio. This audio is a way to do forcing with a pendulum not held in your hands but theirs Which was released after the orginial forcing pendulums could no longer be made. Plus I think the program is on discount as well.

I have seen similar ones elsewhere, but not ones that are made out of sterling silver. I have bought the cheaper ones for souvenirs to give away, but again, haven't seen any with actual silver.

Quote:
On Aug 5, 2018, ddyment wrote:
A good wholesale source of pendulums can be found here.

I don't see any sterling ones there, either.

Sure there are tons of cheap pendulums out there, but I like having something that's a little classier.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
While I not giving away my wholesale sources I am saying those are over priced! There's not that much silver being used and even if you did what they did which was convert a cheap pendulum with a few silver caps which are less than a dollar each.... Now if you looking to buy a real nice pendulum see the work of Gay Blackstone she made pendulums she was also Harry Blackstone wife most of hers were made in real gold or silver not cheap but worth it if you have the means to buy one. At one time Stevens Magic Emporium sold here pendulums. There are some other pendulum craft people like Doug Baker who also makes some very fine crystal pendulums and his stuff may be a bit more than Gay's but you get what you pay for. But the absolute best swinger ever made was by Tor and his squirrel foot pendulums. Nothing and I mean no other pendulum swings that well. And I know more about pendulums than most people and have done the research. Also pendulums made in the 1970s by Christopher Hills have many uses but are rare and do not come up for sale all that often. A full list of his his pendulums were published in his catalog supersensonics the instruments of knowing which looks like this copy from my collection

Click here to view attached image.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
*Shrug* Whatever, I'm pretty happy with it.

There is a moonstone inlaid into the silver cap, and the chain is also silver.

If this was a necklace, I'd expect to pay around the same price at a local store so I'm not too worried about it.

The metalworking is very well done.

My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I have the squirrel pendy and it is ok.

The Heaven & Hell is the best swinging one I have used, but I won’t suggest I’ve used them all... And its a great swinging one because of how it’s designed to be held, unlike most others it balances on a small metal on metal axis. The iron nail is heavy and thin, less drag. It reacts very quickly so you don't have to wait long for it to move. Lots of people agree. Although its a darkarts pendulum, not for everyone. Which makes it unique. Too many cookie cutter ones out there for me nothing mysterious about them or originals. Mass produced parts. The scarb beetle one that I have is also the perfect mystery tool. But sadly, mine do not come with incense or dragon statues Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
“Singers Party” is great as is Pablo’s Book. I have a whole segment on using pendulums and quickly teaching a guest how to use one in “The
Scryer Files, Volume One” also there’s a lot of great pendulum work in Scryer’s Books. Probably the best stuff in “The Practicle Psychic’s Little Black Book.”
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Thank you all for the kind recommendations. I am delighted these books have made such a positive impact. (Keeps me from feeling like I am talking to myself.)

Pendulums are a fabulous resource for people who take the time to figure out how to use them properly. The effect happens right in the hand of the spectator. No batteries. No reset. Nothing required but confidence and know how. They can play to large crowds and are downright incendiary in smaller groups...and they take up less room than a single business card.

I would never think of doing a trade show or a close up set without one. They are one of the most powerful options in my arsenal.

Frankly there is nothing NOT to absolutely love about pendulums...once you understand how to use them.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Marko Ragnos
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Marko Ragnos
George Anderson - Magic Pendulum. Few $ on lybrary.com
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3514 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
After receiving a few of Sudo Nimh’s offerings, I hope he gets his store http://curiousmiracles.biz/ up and running again. I would love to get his Pendultimate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulums... looking for good resources, ebooks, etc (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL