The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Rebel Wallet (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
That’s a shame. Gerard, would you consider providing that? Btw, thanks for offering the discount code. Smile
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Why do you need to see a performance of a peek wallet?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Why do you need to see a performance of a peek wallet?

Why not? Seeing helps more than not seeing.

You cannot assume everyone knows it.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Just received the Card to Wallet.

All I have to say is that I am disappointed to not have taken advantage of the combo deal with the discount when I had the chance. The quality is AMAZING!!!

The wallet is stylish and fits who I am nicely. It works well as an everyday wallet.

As for the 'magic'-part of it. I actually handled the wallet a bit and I was surprised how clean it is. Unless you give the wallet away, I really doubt anyone can realize what is going on. It is that good!

The load is fast and the reset is laughably easy! Like others said, it can be done right in front of the audience and no one will notice anything.

The instructional video download is very thorough and shot with high production values. You immediately notice that Gerard has worked this little prop and the tips and thoughts he shares are priceless.

And more importantly, there are 2 live performances and on studio performance each of which is a lesson on its own.

I cannot praise this product enough.

The only thing I will do now is wait for me to be able to invest in the Peek Wallet simply because of the material quality of the Rebel wallet. I am also interested in hearing Gerard's thoughts on peek wallets and the psychology of using them in performance.

Well done Gerard!
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
The peek wallet video doesn’t feature Gerard. It’s Magick Balay recorded at Tannen’s doing the instructional vid. It’s a shame as you don’t get to see the wallet being used in a real situation by the creator ala The Rebel Wallet. I’d love to see Gerard performing for laymen and sharing his own hints and tips for the peek wallet. There would certainly be added value there. That said, the wallet itself is phenomenal. Worth every penny.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Is the better/worse/just different compared to stealth assasin wallet?
Thanks
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I like the look of this but I have one reservation. Because the card is removed from a section that isn't sealed off from the rest of the wallet (by a zip) if I run out of envelopes and still use the wallet it loses something.

Anyone else feel this way?
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
So just saw this on the WPR, pushed me over to wanting one!
One question before do; they recommend getting extra envelopes when buying the wallet, on his site is see he sells 'slides' for the wallet, is that the envelopes or is that something else? Or do people just use those bonsolopes?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
So just saw this on the WPR, pushed me over to wanting one!
One question before do; they recommend getting extra envelopes when buying the wallet, on his site is see he sells 'slides' for the wallet, is that the envelopes or is that something else? Or do people just use those bonsolopes?

The slides are NOT the envelopes. They are used with them. Visit propdog for the envelopes. They also have an ebay store as well.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Thanks for that info. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
I saw the review on WMS and purchased last night. Super looking forward to receiving this. Main reason for ordering was, like others, I've never been super happy with my large JOL wallet. It's a quality wallet, easy to load but really feels outdated to me and shouts 'magic wallet'.

I really wanted to find a slim, modern wallet that can be used for a trouser pocket load since I rarely wear a jacket nowadays. I'm hoping this meets my requirements and reading through the reviews by others, I'm feeling assured that it probably will. Will follow up with a review once I receive the item and have had a play.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It amazes me how so many are able to convince themselves that the latest wallet is better than their current one. I wonder how long until this one becomes inferior?
tomstian88
View Profile
New user
Norway
26 Posts

Profile of tomstian88
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2018, pegasus wrote:
It amazes me how so many are able to convince themselves that the latest wallet is better than their current one. I wonder how long until this one becomes inferior?

I think is more about getting something new.
You had the same wallet for some years and want to see how a diffrent work and look.(almost like some new shoes -maybe not-)
Its like an item that is fun to collect.

I have the Jol wallet small and it work perfect but I am always intrested in a new wallet to see if it does the same and is smaller.
corkmagician
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of corkmagician
Hi all,
Please check out the latest review on the rebel wallet from Wizard product review:
It’s the last product to be review on this episode and starts at around 27 min in.
I got some lovely quotes for which I am very grateful-

"He is one of the best close-up magicians I've ever seen"
"He is so smooth"
"There is so much to learn from just watching Gerard Work"
" I've been a pro for years and even I was inspired by watching Gerard
https://youtu.be/a2sTqMuf3MQ
Regards
Gerard
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2018, corkmagician wrote:
Hi all,
Please check out the latest review on the rebel wallet from Wizard product review:
It’s the last product to be review on this episode and starts at around 27 min in.

"He is so smooth"
Regards
Gerard

My reason for taking a look, then buying the wallet. Looking forward to seeing you working this when the item arrives!
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Out of curiosity, is it possible to achieve a folded card to wallet with this? Or will the loading area not allow for it? Thanks.
corkmagician
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of corkmagician
The loading area will accept a folded card easily!

Regards
Gerard
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
The loading area will accept a folded card easily!

Regards
Gerard

Mer***y folded card to wallet - FABULOUS!!!
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
Quote:
Hi all,

"He is so smooth"
Regards
Gerard

Amazing feedback and quotes. I agree with everything.

I’d love to see you performing with and sharing tips on your peek wallet. As much as I like Magick Balay, he’s not you.....and the wallet is your baby. Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Just saw there was a discount on WPR review and was literally just doing it, started 2 mins before midnight and by the time I finished was past midnight so discount expired
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Rebel Wallet (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL