The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Egg bag comedy routine (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
So! get a larger egg bag! Then, you could use an ostrich egg, AND, the big chicken!

I agree, I don't want to harass or embarrass, anyone, either, but, I do think that the OP's apparent desire to use what I consider extremely inappropriate
"humor', amounts to very poor taste, and, could jeopardize a future booking for another magician.

He just finished a "freebie" at the California State Fair, so it's apparent that he does not perform for a living. On the road, over 50 years, I was occasionally sent to a school, to "square the beef" caused by another magician, who had not pleased the school. I was sent by the bureau, at no cost to the school. (I was paid.)

It's not difficult to get little kids to YELL & SCREAM. It really takes no TALENT! I want smiles, giggles, chuckles, and LAUGHS.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The "Clucker" hat we use is not that big, but it takes some surgery to remove excess stuffing, which is all explained in the e-Book. Source for Clucker: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040Z......F8&psc=1

After the stuffyectomy operation, the Clucker is as easy to palm as a giant sponge ball, especially when using the methods described in the e-Book. Another advantage of using kid's knit hats (this is a wintertime frolic for us) is that they stretch and unstretch with ease, unlike your standard magic store egg bag. It's all about getting those smiles, giggles, chuckles and laughs, which, depending on the ages of the audience, can also include a few squeals and screams. To reduce the screaming, I like to pop on a pair of funny earmuffs when I go near a screamer.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
I wanted to produce a chicken also.
I bought one that a friend was also using for a different purpose.

When I got it, I laughed... it was gigantic and I've never been able to use it yet. it's 6 feet long.
It's hilarious and packs pretty small but not small enough to get into and out of an eggbag.

Is it made of rubber or foam?
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
It's made of fabric but has a "collapsible hoop" that makes the chicken have girth when it's hanging from your hand, if you know what I mean.
it's a great idea actually.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
It's made of fabric but has a "collapsible hoop" that makes the chicken have girth when it's hanging from your hand, if you know what I mean.
it's a great idea actually.

Thanks for the information, I'm afraid it will be hard to find.
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1608 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I've used Hobson's egg bag for many years, the only problem with them is the inner black liner develop holes. I've been through many of his bags--I'd say about 10 bags. I love using his bags, there is a bit more room that like and it holds his large egg.
Now, I've found the best egg bag on the planet and Frank Startini ( The ambitious card) supplies them. I bought 2 red ones. The material is the best I've ever seen, they will last a life-time and it's crushed proof.
Tricky Ricky
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Thank you Ricky. I love them too. I use them in every show I do.
Cody Fisher liked them so much he asked me to start making green ones so we have black, red and green now.
I think Cody has all 3 colors for different versions of his routine.

I personally use black.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What material do you use to make your egg bags, Frank?
I did not see any when I searched "egg bags" on your website.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1608 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi Dynamike.
I showed it to you briefly in the parking lot when we met . I guess you were so excited that you couldn't pay attention to everything.
Take my word and you will be happy --get Frank's egg bag. His bag is a wee-bit larger than the others so our large hands goes in and out with ease..
The material I think is Rayon and is crushed proof. As I've posted earlier that I think it's the best on the Planet.
Ricky
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
What material do you use to make your egg bags, Frank?
I did not see any when I searched "egg bags" on your website.

Here is the link:
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=52
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2018, TrickyRicky wrote:
Hi Dynamike.
I showed it to you briefly in the parking lot when we met . I guess you were so excited that you couldn't pay attention to everything.

You got that right. I was not paying too much attention either because I was not interested in egg bags. But because of the terrific ideas Gomerel brought up, I will purchase one.

Thanks for the link, OnTiltSoon.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1608 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I usually don't put myself on the line but for this one time.
I love Frank's bags. I made one slight adjustment only because of the routine that I do.
I have a red and I may order a black one in the near future.
Tricky Ricky
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1608 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
Gomeral,
You started this thread criticizing most egg bag routines.
Then you leave, after not being able to handle a few questions about yours.

Hi Gomeral.
I wish you wouldn't leave the Café for what Frank posted. He is entitled to his opinion and he was been honest, he said what was on his mind.
Please remember that it is criticisms that makes us better in the things we say and do, and you can't be too sensitive if you're in show business.
If you look at Frank's postings over the years he's been on this site, you get a sense that he performs a lot and knows what he's talking about.
Often, I would have my magic friends look at my routines to criticize and let me know what they think of it. It's one of the ways you will get better in the entertainment business.
Hope to see you posting again. Stay with us brother--- you will be better for it.
Tricky Ricky
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Dynamike, sorry for the very late reply. There's the link.
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=52
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Egg bag comedy routine (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL