The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Magic Live 2018 - Escape items? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I've viewed several videos from this past week's "Magic Live 2018 Magic Convention" in Las Vegas...specifically, of the Dealer's Room.

Not surprisingly, I didn't see or hear any mentions of ANYTHING "Escape-Related" available for purchase from any dealer (strait-jackets, handcuffs, lock-picks & shims, "Escape" DVDs, etc.)

Perhaps the best that one could hope for was finding a few "escape artist booklets/manuscripts" at the book dealers.

Who knows who might one day carry on the "Cannon's Great Escapes" dealer tradition? I.E.: An entire dealer's booth devoted to "Escape Artist Supplies".

I'm convinced that there is still a 'niche market' for an "Escape Supplier/Dealer" at Magic Conventions. Most all 'general magicians' would like to include at least one "Escape" effect in their parlor/stage act.

An "Escape Supplier" would do especially well at the "Magi-Fest" convention - where a high percentage of the attendees are now in their youth.

Even if its a dealer that sells only "Escape" props & tools that can be readily found at various online suppliers (i.e. no special or custom-orders)....Just to have them all together on one dealer table, along with "how to" videos & booklets....would make one stand out from everyone else in a dealer's room.

I would like to think that it could be a successful business venture for someone who has the travel time and 'start up' funding.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Danny Hunt had a table at Blackpool - nearly all of his stuff was directed at escapes.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Dave, did Danny have good sales? Did his booth attract a lot of attention?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Magic Live 2018 - Escape items? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL