The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 13 Ghosts Limited (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
606 Posts

Profile of Winks
I also will preorder from Blackhart (Keith Hart). His service and trust level are the same for me as Dan and Vic.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of slydini
I wonder how long Vic will carry Cody's items.
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
375 Posts

Profile of Seance
I've looked at Gemini Artifacts and I haven't seen any items of Cody's being shown there. Winks: You're right. Keith (Black) Hart is another one I'd trust. I've not purchased from him in a while, but I'd do so immediately.
"Even the dead tell stories."
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4972 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Paul Prater is another one of the "good ones."
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of slydini
If I am not mistaken, Cody's material is under Mr. Dark.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1454 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Slydini are you saying Cody’s products are listed at Gemini Artifacts website under MR. Darkness?
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of slydini
I thought so. Isn't the witch his product?
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of slydini
I just realized what a tremendous mistake I made. I don't know how I got things so muddled,Mr.Darkness is not Cody, my sincere apologies Mr. Darkness.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
All of the Widows have been shipped.
So have all of the 13 Ghosts.
I still have a couple of unrelated items to post, but they will be taken care of shortly. If anyone would like an update on anything in particular, my email is shin.13x@hotmail.com

Despite delays, they should still all arrive before Halloween.

Also Darkness is a great guy, even if he's not me and even though his name is Rick lol. You guys need to be careful with those torches, you're starting to set things on fire at random.
Gaunt
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
[quote]On Oct 15, 2018, Stoltz wrote:
All of the Widows have been shipped.
So have all of the 13 Ghosts.
I still have a couple of unrelated items to post, but they will be taken care of shortly. If anyone would like an update on anything in particular, my email is shin.13x@hotmail.com

Despite delays, they should still all arrive before Halloween.

Anyone received 13 Ghosts yet?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Well, I have received a package from Cody so I am assuming it is my order. I haven't had a chance to open it yet.
Gaunt
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Well, I have received a package from Cody so I am assuming it is my order. I haven't had a chance to open it yet.

Thanks for the reply Wizard of Oz. I only asked because I haven't received anything nor have I received a tracking number that I have requested for the last two weeks.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of slydini
I received my 13 Ghosts.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
373 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Good for you!
I’m waiting for my stuff
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
375 Posts

Profile of Seance
Credit to when credit is due: received the widows gift.
"Even the dead tell stories."
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
899 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Cody,
First, I want say I received 13 ghosts on time as promised. Mine was a late order and I did not experience the same delay that caused concern from others on the forum. I do appreciate that after taking an understandable chastising from the community, that you made good on your promise to deliver 13 Ghosst on the day promised. Seeing you do this was inspiring. Coming through in the face of personal hardships is the test of a true man. Something to be respected. And for that I thank you.

Second, your craftsmanship and creativity has always been amazing, and I hope that once all your committments have been satisfied that the magic community never has a reason to be concerned again. You have a very keen eye for period correct design. Such talent is a valuable asset to the bizarre community and to those that desire convincing props. 13 Ghosts is a beautiful recreation of late 19th century photo cards. The borders and photographers logo on the back are true to the period, and the aging very convincing. This is the kind of bizarre magic I enjoy supporting and I'm glad to see you on the path of making amends with all who put their trust in you. Hopefully this is one spooky story that will have a happy ending.

Bob
Bob
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I finally had a chance to open and inspect my 13 Ghosts and The Widow tonight, and they are both dazzling. What Cody may lack in project management or salesmanship skills, he totally makes up for in artisan-ship. Both of these props beat my expectations in every way.

First, the craftsmanship of both props are impeccable. The 13 Ghosts cards and box totally feel "of age." Not overly beat up, just right. And the cards feel and handle perfectly. As a graphic designer, I look for the little things, and these cabinet cards will stand up to scrutiny. There are no visible digital scars...no overt pixels, or sad giveaways that other offerings have. Cody has done his homework. These look analog, and earthy. Of course none of our faux props will stand up to an archivist's inspection, but for a quick inspection during a performance, I am satisfied.

The box and dice of The Widow are the same. Aging...just right. Not an object of the wealthy, it has seen wear and improper storage. And it works...perfectly. Like, scary perfect. Like, "shocked me" perfect. Cody references "Insidious 2" as an inspiration in his instructions. And as a horror fan he hit his mark. This can have that kind of impact.

Lastly, the routines. I was expecting instructions and received inspiration. Both of these props come with detailed explanations of their workings, as well as story and plot ideas. But there is more. Cody digs deeper and gives you historical references to play off of, and enough fodder to delve deeper, do more research, and assemble your own personal back story to make these effects come to life. Or death.

I know Cody put us through the ringer with these effects, and I don't know him, but will give him the benefit of the doubt that he went through some rough times, and persevered to deliver what he promised. For me at least, that has been the case. I hope that is what we all experience.
Gaunt
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Sounds great but I'm still waiting for my copy of 13 Ghosts which I ordered and paid for on Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 10:06 PM.
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
My 13 Ghosts Limited arrived a week or so ago and is a beautiful work of art from a master craftsman. But it is not just a work of art. I believe this can go right into my Haunted Pub Crawl program.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
373 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Any news from the other duped (including myself)?
Money lost forever I guess...

And one more ‘artist’ on the blacklist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 13 Ghosts Limited (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL