The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How did I get spanked for 26 posts (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Ok I remember I got a bit snarky and called out an ebay scumbag thief as what he was twice but I lost 26 of 51 posts. How is that ???

I don't mind being spanked for calling out the scum but why did I lose so many other relevant posts??

Also I'd like my posts back other then the ones you find offensive other then I am correct about the disposition of the individual stealing tenyos work

I love you tenyo

please be nice to me I am not evil
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Often times an entire thread or major portion of a thread gets deleted due to a problem in it. You may be a "victim" of someone else's "spanking" as well. It happens from time to time. I personally have no idea about your case, but I know it happens.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Farmer, many of your post were removed because they didn't contribute anything to the topic. It's been several days since your posts were removed so I don't remember exactly what they said but as an example, posts that simply say "thanks for that" or "I agree" don't add anything to the topic. In regards to your snarky post about an ebay thief, there are two reasons for that. First, we don't allow references or links to ebay and second we don't allow flaming so while you may feel someone is a "scumbag thief", you cannot post that. You can post an experience and point out his unethical practices as long as you refrain from flaming and name calling.

You also made one post which said something to the effect of "now I've reached 50 posts, I'm off tot he selling forum". That raises a flag to us as it appears your intent of posting as you did above, was only to reach the secret and sales forums. Those forums are meant for members who contribute to subjects not just trying to get into the special areas.

Poof-Daddy is also correct in that if you contributed to a topic that was deleted which was created or contributed to by another member, yours would also of course be removed.

Once a post is removed we won't and can't reinstate it
Where the magic begins
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Thanks I get it now-- hope this is relevant Smile

ps It took me quite a while to get to 50 so I was excited as well
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Also it seems my post counter is stuck at 24 --- any ideas?
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2018, farmerkarl wrote:
Also it seems my post counter is stuck at 24 --- any ideas?

Posts you make in the Café's administrative support sub-forums (including this one) don't count towards your post total.

So head on out of this space, and head on into the regular forums ... where you can actively participate in ongoing discussions, start your own discussions, contribute your well thought out ideas on assorted topics, and otherwise participate in the Café as a member demonstrating more than just a desire to get into the "For Sale" forum by posting 50 times!

We all did it ... you can do it too!
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Exactly and while we're at it, check out this topic which explains all of the forums that do not count toward your post count.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=50
Where the magic begins
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Once again I thank you all. Seriously good information from you on how things work here. I appreciate it. ok back to checking out the Café....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How did I get spanked for 26 posts (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL