The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » F I T - Coin Through Ring (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1195 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, videoman wrote:
So is the optical illusion ring one size fits all.
You hope it fits one of your fingers?

It's only medium size, so while it fits on my fingers, it wouldn't fit on a very large finger.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't wear it on my finger anyway, but just introduce it from my pocket, as a ring with special properties.

It's not the kind of ring you'd want to wear for ordinary use.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Never been a fan of using foreign coinage but ymmv

If you purchase this, you will see how it is made and you could probably make one yourself with any currency you desire.

I have been doing a routine using a pretty much identical gimmick for years. I never published it, so Paul deserves credit for doing so. I suppose he has probably been toying with this for many years himself. The handling that I use is different.

I purchased his and I was very impressed with the fact that he teaches several handlings. Up until now, I had one handling for mine, but now I've incorporated an additional handling of his.

If anyone would like my handling, if you PM me with proof you purchased it, I will share my handling. Just so you know, you won't understand my handling explanation if you don't own it. Also, Paul, if you are interested in my handling, I'd be happy to share it with you. Your gimmick is a lot better looking than mine, too.

Congrats on a great release.

KJ
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Sounds intriguing. PM'ing you...
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
797 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, Nathan Alexander wrote:

With respect - please consider not sharing this type of info and not making things yourself. The creator needs to get paid the small amount they ask for bringing this to market. We will never get good work at affordable prices if everyone is PM-swapping and telling. Not cool.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, Nathan Alexander wrote:

With respect - please consider not sharing this type of info and not making things yourself. The creator needs to get paid the small amount they ask for bringing this to market. We will never get good work at affordable prices if everyone is PM-swapping and telling. Not cool.

You seem to have missed this part:

"If anyone would like my handling, if you PM me with proof you purchased it, I will share my handling. Just so you know, you won't understand my handling explanation if you don't own it."
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
797 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I did miss that - and I apologize deeply. Thank you so much for not flaming me and being kind! Very much appreciate the way you handled this. Forgive me?
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
I did miss that - and I apologize deeply. Thank you so much for not flaming me and being kind! Very much appreciate the way you handled this. Forgive me?

Ha! I feel the same way, no worries.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4028 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Aahhh, can you feel that? Do you know what that is?
That’s a breath of fresh air because unfortunately it’s so rare for anything to be handled on the Café with civility and respect.
I could get used to it.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1195 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
And now ... after that wonderfully polite and civil exchange ... back to our regular programming!

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5276 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I like this....its also on the reel magic marketplace
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5276 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Free shipping anywhere in the world....
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1195 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, Kozmo wrote:
Free shipping anywhere in the world....

Kozmo, in your Marketplace for this item it says:

"Email us for a price outside the U.S."

So that's incorrect, and it's $20 worldwide, no extra shipping for outside the US?

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5276 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yep....and you get a month of Reel Magic for free...have to be a subscriber....
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8352 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2018, Platt wrote:
Absolutely. Stupidly simple but yet brilliant gimmick. What I think sells this is that it falls somewhere between an impossible puzzle and a trick. As opposed to cig thru quarter which screams trick. So the spec actually thinks it must be possible and really just happened. But yet it's impossible. Or something like that.

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Just had to say, I've now done this many times different ways and it simply amazes people to no end. What I can tell you is that this is a little gem of a trick!

Again, nothing hard here, just some clever visual presentation that sells the trick every time that quarter goes through that ring, yours or anybody's...Everytime! Smile

I'm telling you, I know great closeup men like Jay Sankey and Gregory Wilson are somewhere scratching their heads saying, "Now, why didn't I think of that?"

Just a wonderful little trick...The sorta trick that your grandpa would've shown you and you would remember forever! Smile

Yeah Platt, I got another chance today to do this, at my barbershop this morning...Right in front of them! Smile I decided to do the version when you use a spec's quarter and ring, but no one had a ring, so I just offered mine...This little baby works well any way you do it, their stuff or yours. Smile

I had a couple of the barbers there try to put the coin through the ring and they just couldn't, said "No Way!" I took them through the little routine and then put "his" quarter slowly, deliberately right through the ring...and gave him both the coin and the ring to re-examine again.

Complete amazement would be an understatement. Smile

I'm telling'ya, so easy to get into, so easy to do. It's a real winner of trick...It really is. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
797 Posts

Profile of StarManager
MB is right on (MB is ALWAYS right on) and the best part - and I LOVE this - is that ALL the heat goes to the quarter and ring and you have all the time in the world to do the things magicians wish they had all the time in the world to do with their dirty hands. ((% of the time the heat is on those hands. NOT with this baby. Reminder it comes with a quarter and nickel so you can use a small ladies ring too. What a value!
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:

I'm thinking this is sarcasm?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
797 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:

I'm thinking this is sarcasm?

This was NOT sarcasm! I was wrong with a hasty reply to a post and I admitted error and asked for forgiveness. The original post was done beautifully and when read in entirety was wholly respectful.

JT
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I apologize Sir. because of a person here who has no respect for others, I thought you were being sarcastic to his comment. I apologize again for my misread of your post.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
music
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of music
Thoughts, would following this with a coin bend, be a good follow up or muddy things up? Thoughts?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2018, music wrote:
Thoughts, would following this with a coin bend, be a good follow up or muddy things up? Thoughts?

I think it would be fine. Though some mentalists who oppose mixing magic and mentalist may feel differently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » F I T - Coin Through Ring (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL