The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Plain Sight by Matthew Johnson (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Freddie Henderson
I have heard that executive grid is the better choice over this from magicians who have seen or have them both Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I cannot see how anything can be better as this version has everything, and more, that you’d ever need to know.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2018, Freddie Henderson wrote:
I have heard that executive grid is the better choice over this from magicians who have seen or have them both Smile

Not sure why as Executive Grid looks like a prop.
You can do this on any surface and glance at the needed info.
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Apparently you need a deck of business cards in play with this version ? Executive grid is the board you write on so really is hidden in plain site . A C..b can easily be hidden in a telethought wallet if you need that much time studying it so therefore it can be on the table using any old magic square version but with executive grid at least it has a reason for its use in a professional close up environment . People paying you expect you to have props as a working magician it’s only people who want to do one or 2 different effects week after week to the same audience who worry about the impromptu scenario Smile You can’t keep asking paying clients have you got a sharpie on you , have you got a piece of paper or a kiwi etc etc Smile . Matt Johnson is a wicked magician but something ain’t right with him if he thinks that beard looks good . He was a really good looking chap but surely he has grown that beard as a joke as it looks horrendous Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
Apparently you need a deck of business cards in play with this version ? Executive grid is the board you write on so really is hidden in plain site . A C..b can easily be hidden in a telethought wallet if you need that much time studying it so therefore it can be on the table using any old magic square version but with executive grid at least it has a reason for its use in a professional close up environment . People paying you expect you to have props as a working magician it’s only people who want to do one or 2 different effects week after week to the same audience who worry about the impromptu scenario Smile You can’t keep asking paying clients have you got a sharpie on you , have you got a piece of paper or a kiwi etc etc Smile . Matt Johnson is a wicked magician but something ain’t right with him if he thinks that beard looks good . He was a really good looking chap but surely he has grown that beard as a joke as it looks horrendous Smile

I have my crib on the back of my card box and just use a butterfly pad or business card with peek wallet / envelope.
Just don't like the the Executive prop tbh
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Why have a prop ? Tenyo screams prop. And so apparently does Ex Grid. This version does not require business cards. Just something to write a square on.
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Ok fair enough I haven’t seen them personally I have just gone on what friends have told me . Having a crib on the back of a business card or box is the old original ploy so I must admit with you last 2 guys . “ if it ain’t broke then why fix it “ , thanks for properly clearing things up as I was obviously getting mixed messages from my friends Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Just performed this for the first time and the reaction was great!
Thanks for releasing your version Matt.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, DavidMac wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Rob.m wrote:
Where can you find John Archer's stage version.

John Archer's is in his penguin lecture.

Not to hijack this thread, but that is a TERRIFIC lecture. I've used John's stage version for some time, but I AM tempted to purchase Matt's for closeup.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The one thing that annoyed me is that the gimmicks could easily have been made in different sizes to suit not only one’s eyesight but also the items that the gimmicks will be attached to.
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
420 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Quote:

isn't the c**b hidden in the beard then?
CliveHyams
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of CliveHyams
He can hide anything he likes in that , but can you imagine him doing a wedding gig with that hanging around peoples food . If that’s fashion then please keep it , gross in my view Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The included box does not “hold” American business cards
CliveHyams
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of CliveHyams
Executive grid leaves this standing in my honest opinion . It’s so innocent , pocket sized and is also in plain sight Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’ve memorised the numbers now so don’t care.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, pegasus wrote:
I’ve memorised the numbers now so don’t care.

Don't perform it for 6 months and then see how well you have them memorized.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Why would I not perform it for 6 months?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
So you don’t get banned from the neighborhood pub.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, videoman wrote:
So you don’t get banned from the neighborhood pub.

Steady on Betamaxman. Once remembered, always remembered.

2 important things to remember as you get older. 1 is you’ll start to lose your memory, and 2, er um..... can’t remember now.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
But seriously, if you don't perform it for even a few days, will you feel totally secure working without a crib?
Of course not, that's why you bought In Plain Sight in the first place.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Plain Sight by Matthew Johnson (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL