The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » For Workers Only! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slebonio
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of slebonio
I want to know what coin material you do when you go out and perform regularly, what are the things you couldn't leave out of your professional rep?
My coin work is limited at the moment but I would have to say that mine would be:
exTROYdinary
Trinity (Apollo and Shoot)
David Roth's coins across (with shell)
Coppa Silva (Chris Korn)
3 Fly, a combination of various ones
er... that's all I can think of right now
what about you guys?
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm doing more original stuff than anything else lately. But my staples are CSB and Chinatown routines. Copper / silver routines using Ult. C/S, Adv. C/S, or Mag C/S sets are also high on the list.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Copper-Silver (mine)
Trio in Three (Kurtz/Mine)
Triple Spellbound (Kurtz/Townsend/Kam/Mine)
One coin routine (you know who)
Pretty much that's it, of course this isn't all in one set. I spread it out a bit.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I also do a few 3 fly's (different peoples and my own) I like the C/S stuff a lot. I do a lot of my own styles of matrix tricks as well. I don't do the matrix a lot at my restaurants because I don't carry a mat. People seem to enjoy a lot of the basic coin stuff. I came up with a killer new switch that I've adapted to my c/s that is just flooring them. Hope to have that out soon. Trying to make sure every part of it is mine first. Ive talked and showed this switch to a lot of big coin guys and they all say its mine o mine. Once I get the final word it will be added to the notes. Enjoy
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Stand-up = Misers Dream, a coins across (sometimes a visible coins across), coins to glass.

Close-up (table hopping, walk around) = gimmickless and in the spectators hands hopping halves, coins across (sometimes a visible coins across), Gadabout coins, coins to purse, Chinese Bit (copper, silver, brass from Ken Brooke), coins through hank.

Close-up (sitting) = coins through table, two coin (copper and silver coins not the gimmick) coin box routine, Chinese Bit, Matrix using borrowed coins and bills as covers.

Yes, like most others here I have dozens of routines but I tend to fall back on these. Next year may be different.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
skillz
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of skillz
I do palm up coins across. It kills any one who sees it. I do the original and still best version. (YOU da man John) no disrespect to Kenner and Liwag who have their "own" version.
bcharles
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
59 Posts

Profile of bcharles
Coin transpos, coins across, VCA, some original things - and much more, but these are the "core" material.

Brian
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
In my COINvention notes, you will find a lot of new, unique, stand up coin material, with many new sleights and concepts found nowhere else. PM me if interested.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
The only coin routines that I do on a regular basis is a copper silver transpo with a gold dollar and quarter and Mr. Clean Coins Across with quarters. This is mostly because I am not too talented with coins and also for these two tricks all I need is 2 gold dollars.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
My work is unpublished and based on original sleights. All the routines are done standup, with no sleeves, using silver dollars and no gaffs except for a Silver/Brass coin that is used in one routine:
1. Coins from Vegas: A misers dream done in the hands with patter in verse. The most challenging effect I do.
2. 4 Coins Across: 4 coins only, no counting. This is the effect I do if I have only time for one effect and I'm surrounded.
3. Digestable Coins: 3 coins one by one are ingested until all are gone, then produced one at a time.
4. Lucky Chinese Coin: A triple coin change with a charming story of a Chinese immigrant needing exact change.
5. Coins To Pocket: 4 silver dollars go from hand to pocket one at a time. Only 4 coins used.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I use:

coppa/silva (Korn)
Coins to Glass (Mine, but influcenced from Shoot Ogawa's routine from CX2)
VCA (Influcenced from McClintock/Harbottle/Kenner)
Neo Purse Frame(Shoot Ogawa)
The Deep (Kenner)
Coin on shoulder (Apollo)
Timing (Reed McClintock's Knuckle Buster vol.1)
Eric Mead's copper/silver transpo AKA 'A fine howdy do' (From his Triple X notes)
Frank Drubina's Coin Routine (Um, do I really need to say who made this? But I did change it from dimes to halfs, and I use less coins. Six seemed to repeative)

I'm trying to work on a copper/silver transpo that only uses two coins in the spectators hand so I can set up a watch steal, but I have to work out a few bugs first.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Table Hopping Wild Coin
Elbow, Knee, and Neck
One Coin Routine
Pyramid Coins (vanish reproduction of 3)
Cigarette Through Quarter
$100 Bill Switch (Mismade..this is money after all)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » For Workers Only! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL