The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Split Coin Help (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EobardT
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of EobardT
Hey everyone,
I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question, but I recently acquired a Split coin that did not come with instructions. I understand how to split the coins to produce the second, but am not sure as to how to put them back together quietly. If anyone (either here or through PM) could possibly tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it. Also, any other split coin handling tips would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4960 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Look for the Craig Petty DVD "Split Happens" it is all routines for a split coin. There is also an effect called "Bagged For Life" that is sold alone (with the gaff) but the effect is taught on a dvd called "Unknown" by Mark Bendal.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cal
128 Posts

Profile of milamber
"Split Happens" is a great DVD. Mark Lee's "Clone Coin" is a DVD is dedicated to the split coin effects as well (I've seen some magic stores sell this DVD without the gaff).

Gregory Wilson's first Penguin Lecture has a simple split coin routine as well.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cal
128 Posts

Profile of milamber
The split coins I have all have teflon so there was no noise to speak of. The noise of the coins coming together has never been an issue. If the coins don't have the teflon, then you can get the teflon circles from Penguin Magic... another option is to get mousetape (http://www.mousetape.com/).

As for various handling, I really recommend picking up one of the instructional videos recommended as they go into different handling of the coin.

/Steven
EobardT
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of EobardT
Its strange as the coin I have does have Teflon but maybe its worn down a bit cause it clicks sometimes
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Clicking usually happens when one begins to work with a split coin. After a while one gets accustomed to the coin and is able to handle it much better which eliminates the clicking. Practice will eventually fix it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Split Coin Help (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL