The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Karrell FOX effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
248 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Hi all
I'am looking for a performance video of Karrell FOX doing is great effect RABBITT from hat with silks ...
I saw Duane LAFFLIN doing it but I would like to see the original version
Thanks for the help

best regards from France
PASCAL
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22652 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry, Karroll Fox did not do many videos when he was with us. This was before easy video with cell Phones and smart phones. He was a regular at Abbott's Magic Get-To-Gether back in the day with Duke Stern. Abbott's Magic had some clips from their conventions, but that was also when magic video's were $70 a pop.

I would say, that it would look very different then any of his book descriptions, as that is what I have experienced attending one of his lectures before his passing.

I have tried previously to find what happened to those videos, and it seems they were not protected very well, and have disappeared from Abbott's possession.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Bon jour, mon ami, PASCAL!

Most of Karrell's darn clever, and simple, ideas were printed in his series of books. He purposely did not write PRESENTATIONS, as he thought that magicians should "create" their own PREMISE, and, then, PRESENTATION. He did not provide PRESENTATIONS in his lectures, either, for the same reason.

Of course, I had all his books. We were friends. I have put some of his ideas "to work" in my basic program. I adapted them to fit my personality. No longer needing Karrells books, they are now in the possession of a young man whom I mentored, years ago.

I cannot remember any details of the "rabbit in hat--silks" bit. (Perhaps it didn't get into the last book.)

I'm sure that his handling of the 'dissolving single knot' was not in any of the books. (The method and Tarbell's presentation are in Tarbell, Volume One, page 365). Karrell had shared the 'dissolving single knot' handling, with me, when we had a session at his home, in the'70s. I published his handling in my book (p 285) so it wouldn't be lost. I consider it a brilliant idea, and, like all Karrells ideas, SIMPLE! His handling makes what was a "hohum flourish", a good VISUAL VANISH.

Je suis fache, PASCAL! A bien tot!

Richard NOEL Oslund (I was born in December. Ma granmere etait Francais Canadien!)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
248 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Hi Richard Noel
Thanks a lot for your reply .
I have all his books of course but seeing Karrell with this effect will be so Nice ☺️
I lové his Work on magic ....simple handling and ideas .
This effect for childrens is terrific

Merci pour les quelques mots en Français
PAscal
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
248 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Hi Bill
Thanks for the reply
And comments....
PAscal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Karrell FOX effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL