The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Gary Darwin in the Hospital (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
Gary Darwin's remaining leg managed to get infected and the infection spread into the bone. He is having surgery today and I just wanted the magic community to send some good vibes his way. Lance Burton will be by his side, as he did before when they removed a portion of his leg. He is staying at Valley Hospital Medical Center in Las Vegas, room 220. Gary will be 83 this September 19th and his magic club will also celebrate its 54th year.
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
UPDATE: Gary Had his surgery and has been moved to a rehab. Now, all we need to happen is for the antibiotics to remove the infection from his bone. Keep sending those good vibes. For those wishing to contact or visit Gary, he is staying at Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 1151 S Torrey Pines Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89146, (702) 938-8333, Room 309 - B. Gary may also be reached via his Cell #(702) 465-3513.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Thank you for all the news. Our thoughts are for a full successful recovery. Very sorry I didn't notice the posting til now. Lynn
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
UPDATE: Gary is still at Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 1151 S Torrey Pines Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89146. No verdict yet on the foot but he'll probably spend the next two weeks there. Today is Gary's Birthday, he turns 83. Lance Burton is bringing him a diabetic cake to celebrate. Lance told me that Norm Nielsen and his wipe Lupe will also be joining the celebration. Gary is in good spirits and is enjoying all the phone calls and cards. Thanks
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I talked on the phone to him, and he was very happy to talk about anything. As the owner of Misdirections, Joe Pon, puts it, "he's a very talkative guy." Anything to lift his spirits. In the past, he has lifted mine. Lynn
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Best wishes.Smile
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
UPDATE: Gary has been moved to The Heights of Summerlin, 10550 W Park Run Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144, (702) 515-6200 Room 2. The leg is making progress.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
So happy to hear that his condition is improving!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
UPDATE PROVIDED BY LANCE Burton:

Friends of Gary Darwin.

After successful surgery on his foot, Gary Darwin is back at home!

He is feeling pretty good but is a little weak physically. He is working to build up his strength and has a small dumbbell which he is exercising with to build his arm strength.

While he was recovering from surgery he had a TIA or more commonly known as a Mini-Stroke. For a few days, he was not himself and had confusion and memory loss.

The neurologist told me that those effects were temporary and he should make a full recovery. And in fact, he is! I would say Gary is 90 to 95 percent back to normal.

He still gets a little confused and forgetful at times but has made an amazing recovery.

If you are a friend of Gary's and live in Las Vegas, the next month or two would be a good time to visit him! Just keep in mind Gary usually sleeps till noon as he is a night owl. Also, it might be good to give him a call before you visit to make sure he is home. You might ask him if he needs anything, groceries, a hamburger, etc.

If you live out of town you can call him on his home phone 1 702-648-8826. Just remember he is usually not awake till afternoon.

He is hoping to be back at the Darwin Magic Club on Wednesdays. Feel free to drop by and enjoy the magic and fellowship!
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
UPDATE provided by Lance Burton

Friends of Gary Darwin

Update- After his surgery and recovery Gary returned home. He was getting along very well for 5 weeks and attending the weekly magic club meetings on Wednesdays.

Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago he fell off the couch. He got a few scrapes on his leg and foot which became infected.

Back in the hospital they ran a battery of tests and discovered that he also suffered a stroke.

Long story short-
Gary is back home. Someone is with him 24 hours a day. A nurse sees him every day. He is being well cared for.

Unfortunately because of his condition and weakened state it is really difficult for him to talk on the phone. It is taxing on him to have visitors.

I know there are many, many friends of his that would love to talk to him or visit, but this is just not possible at this time. Gary is spending a lot of time sleeping and we don’t want to disturb his rest with phone calls.

If you want to leave Gary a message, please do so here in the comments of this post. I will read them to Gary when he is awake and alert.

Thanks for understanding.

Lance Burton

P.S.0
If you want to mail Gary a card or letter send them to;

Gary Darwin
C/O Nielsen Magic
P.O. Box 34300
Las Vegas, NV 89133
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Gary Darwin in the Hospital (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL