We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Electric Deck (Niagara Deck) construction (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
683 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Just tried making an electric deck and failed! I used the 6 holes per card design. Went with 0.1mm Nylon thread because it seemed strong and slippery, but in the end it didn't work, as cards are getting stuck and bunched up. Maybe it's the thread?
Have you ever built one of these? What type of thread do you prefer?
Thanks,
Bill
Pseudolus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Pseudolus
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2018, Bill08 wrote:
Just tried making an electric deck and failed! I used the 6 holes per card design. Went with 0.1mm Nylon thread because it seemed strong and slippery, but in the end it didn't work, as cards are getting stuck and bunched up. Maybe it's the thread?
Have you ever built one of these? What type of thread do you prefer?
Thanks,
Bill

You probably want to use larger diameter thread so it won't cut into the cards. Also, for lowest friction, use monofilament synthetic (polyester or nylon) thread.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1815 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bill08:

I suggest that you contact Dick Oslund VIA PM here on the Café and ask him how he makes his electric deck....
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
683 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Thank you for the suggestions!
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
683 Posts

Profile of Bill08
After contacting Dick Oslund, he was kind enough to send me the details of his electric deck construction that he built many years ago, including a sample to help me get started, and several pages of handling and jokes to go with it. So nice of him!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2018, Bill08 wrote:
After contacting Dick Oslund, he was kind enough to send me the details of his electric deck construction that he built many years ago, including a sample to help me get started, and several pages of handling and jokes to go with it. So nice of him!

Dick is a not only a great magical performer, he is a phenomenal person!
I was at a couple of his lectures in the past and he is a wealth of knowledge. Do not disregard the note and jokes he shared, they are tested and true.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5188 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I can only echo the praise for Dick Oslund. He has helped me out many times just by sharing his knowledge across the forums. The man is a walking encyclopedia and very generous.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Electric Deck (Niagara Deck) construction (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL