The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ike clad dollars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Guys- it's Sunday and my bank is closed, otherwise I'd ask them. Are Ike dollars still in circulation?
Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Depends on what you mean by circulation. They are still currency. They have NOT been minted in quite a few years now, since the Susan B Anthony dollar coins and the more recent gold colored dollar coins. The bank may have a few in the change bins.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
No. In fact, they are worth a lot more than one dollar. You can get them in any coin store for around 5 dollars or so.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Wow! They must have gone up. I got mine in a coin shop a few years ago for a dollar something each.

FC
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
There a little harder to find then just going to the bank. You should be able to pick some up at a coin shop for about 2-2.50 each.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
RxGregory
View Profile
New user
St. Charles, MO
65 Posts

Profile of RxGregory
I just went to my local coin shop last week (I had to replace a Walking Liberty half dollar that somehow got lost), and he gave me an Ike dollar as change. "Well, thanks!!" I told the dealer. "They're only worth a buck, anyway, just like these," as he showed me the Kennedy halves. If you're looking for UNcirculated Ike dollars, yes, those will be a little bit more expensive. Try ebay.
If it was easy, everybody would do it, and if everybody did it, it wouldn't be magic.
David Roth (Ultimate Coin Magic Vol. 11)
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Ike dollars are still in circulation but because the people don't want them as day to day money, they have fallen out of favor.

It is actually very easy to get as many as you want for exactly $1.00 each. Go to any bank and place an order for them. The bank can order them but you must take a full bag. The hard part is that a bag contains 1,000 coins & you must shell (no pun intended) out $1,000.00 dollars. After that, you can just use them or deposit them into another account at another bank. They will hate you but they cannot refuse the deposit. If the bank makes a remark, tell them the deposit could be made in pennies.
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
I just got some "poor quality" as the coin dealer says (but are great quality) for $1 each. they are great in chad sanborn's holy grail. They also have a nice weight.
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
I personally think that the Ike dollar is the ugliest coin design in our history. I pay a little more to have Morgans.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ike clad dollars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL