The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
I was wondering which coin box you guys would recommend, Okito or Boston? Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Since one is a gaffed box, it depends on if you want people to examine the thing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I would recommend buying the set, either a Boston / Okito, or a Slotbox / Okito set, or all three boxes. The Okito box allows you to perform the box effects, and allows for examination of all props. Switch boxes, and you have a whole new assortment of effects to do.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Both.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Should get the set David Roth sells. Very nice set with a booklet. Just seen him on Sat. in P.A. did some great coin box routines,ball routine,wild coin,coins across. It was a great lecture.Sorry for the rambling.

best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Where can I get Roth's set? Thanks for the replies, also is there a difference between a buddah box and a non buddah box?
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The Buddha coin box series has a curve body design. Roth's set has a straight body. Therefore, the difference is in the design of the box.
Bernard Sim
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
Hey cardman, I would suggest getting a Slotbox actually. Its sort of a small upgrade to the Okito box and with the right routining...

David Roth has a great routine called "Out with Five" that you can use with it

Check out Magic Warehouse and their coins section for sets of Okito Boxes.

Also, might I suggest the Beyond Okito box as well? Dan Watkin's site http://www.coinvanish.com has a review on it.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-05-02 23:23, mystre71 wrote:

Should get the set David Roth sells. Very nice set with a booklet. Just seen him on Sat. in P.A. did some great coin box routines,ball routine,wild coin,coins across. It was a great lecture.Sorry for the rambling.

best
Joe

As much as I respect Roth, I feel is coin boxes are pricey. I would suggest going to Roy Kueppers and purchasing the same set for about half of the price. It is also custom made to your specs.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Delly
View Profile
New user
France
38 Posts

Profile of Delly
Another solution is the Duvivier Coin Box.

An Okito or Boston box without switching.
Climax as a solid box, with no switches.

some references here about boxes : http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/magokito.htm
---------------------
Smile Life IS Magic Smile
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I quite like the Swadling coin box, anyone else use it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL