The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Axtell Drawing Board modification (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Last night I attached a wire ring to the eye control lever. Now I can move the eyes back and forth with just the tip of my thumb. My other fingers can move the mouth at the same time. I don't know if anyone else has tried this but it feels pretty good. I also put an L-shaped tab above the lever that lets me know how far I can move the eyes without them vanishing.
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
WOW, you give a good tips!

Tell Steve Axtell about that, and he will put your tips on his web pages.

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Thanks Budihaha. I got a note from Steve. He says several people have tried it and like it that way. He prefers to use first finger and thumb.
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
176 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
I had the idea of using a handz up gimmick with my board... Then you can keep you whole hand behind to do things at certin points like drop something out the bottom or put something over the top of it.

never tried it... but it could work...
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Jimmy,
That's an interesting idea too.
I tried my thumb ring in performance last night and decided I didn't like it.

Oliver
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Has anyone got the remote control version? I was just wondering if it is worth buying, I ssaw it at the blackpool childrens entertainer of the year UK the stage hand acccidently bocked it off the easel to carry it off at the end it couldn't of done it any good but we were impressed most of us had never seen it before.
Matt
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Do any of you have trouble with the plastic scratching on your Axtell drawing board?

I find if you press to hard with the Expo #2 market it scratches the drawing surface. So I just lightened my touch and no scratching.

You know how it goes.....sometimes you get a little nervous or carried away and you press down like an animal.

Anyway that is little tip for ya!

And Oliver Twist, I want to thank you for the great tip. I will do that. I use my drawing board in all my shows.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Nice twist Oliver.

I will have to try it.

Thanks.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
I recently saw the remote control version at Kidabra! Wow! Steve Taylor was letting me play with it a bit and then he used it in a show that night. It is awesome!!! There is so much you can do with it!!! It is quite expensive though but worth it.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Neznarf,

They sell replacement plastic fronts for the drawing board for $10 at Axtell.
I bought one when I purchased my drawing board.

Mr Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Axtell Drawing Board modification (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL