The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Edgar Bergen as a butler... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Does anyone know if Edgar Bergen played the butler in the 1933 movie of Oliver Twist, staring Dickie Moore (Chadwick Productions). I watched it over the weekend and noticed the butler looks like Bergen, but it was a bit part and the butler is not credited anywhere.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Oliver, the credit does not come up in any of Edgar's filmographies. He had speaking roles in 1930.

One filmography is at:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001944/#actor1930
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Thanks, Harry. I saw that he was in movies at the time. He was probably unknown and so didn't get any credit. Anyway, whoever played the butler was not listed in the credits. I'm hoping someone else has seen this old movie. I'd like to see if my guess is right.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Edgar made his feature film debut in GOLDWYN FOLLIES, which is pretty unwatchable except for him and the Ritz Brothers. Prior to that, his only film appearances were in Vitaphone short subjects. I imagine if he did appear in OLIVER TWIST, it would have been verified by now.

Hope that helps!
Joe L.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Edgar Bergen as a butler... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL