The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Florence (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
So far so good ... starting to take some wind here, not a whole lot of rain yet. Wilmington seems to be taking the brunt of it, been raining there for hours as the storm just sits there stalled. But it is dry here and mostly just wind so far. Smile

Will Lane: stay safe up there!! I think flooding in NC will be the biggest issue.

Ed: this is a cat one storm, Hugo was a cat five ... this is NOTHING compared to Hugo, not in wind rain surge or size. Still doesn't make it a "safe" storm, but what you are hearing on the news is nonsense. Every storm is the storm of the century according to the weather channel.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
What makes you think that JoeJoe's ignorant?

I was at my neighbor's house earlier, he has two homeless people at his house too. We are first responders, we have already responded. There are people here that can't get out, when they are evac'd I'll go with them, but I ain't leaving anyone behind. I am not about to sit in a hotel room and watch them suffer while I've got the skill sets and resources to help them.

This is what we are supposed to be doing, taking care of each other ... not just taking care of ourselves. I'm not the ignorant one. Smile

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
This is the local radar, can see the beautiful eye sitting off Wilmington, it has been sitting exactly there for at least three hours now raining on them. I am located at the North/South Carolina border directly at the Ocean.

-JoeJoe
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Slight side note here, I ordered a shell from USA Magic Tricks in Lexington SC Wednesday (it is 12am Friday right now). It has went through Colombia SC and is now in Greensboro NC. Through the USPS mind you! Goes to show the lack of severity in the storm towards inland areas, despite that we got the same "evacuate or you are throwing your life away" treatment. I'm sure Wilmington isn't happy right now, though. I have some friends down there, they seem to be doing okay.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2018, will lane wrote:
Goes to show the lack of severity in the storm towards inland areas, despite that we got the same "evacuate or you are throwing your life away" treatment. I'm sure Wilmington isn't happy right now, though. I have some friends down there, they seem to be doing okay.

Yeah, I have friends in Conway that evac'd (at least half hours drive inland) ... like WTF ... people used to evac to Conway and waited out the storms there. Wherever this concept of traveling to other states and riding out storms in hotels came from I dunnu, makes no sense to me.

Wilmington is taking it hard, my cousin has a house there ... they evac'd. Smile

-JoeJoe
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It comes from people getting their houses destroyed while they’re in them or getting cut off and having to be rescued.

The police chief is talking about how they are rescuing people who thought they didn’t have to evacuate. If you think he’s exaggerating, fine.

BTW, you’re a Good Samaritan, NOT a first responder. The first responders are out there pulling people out who thought “This is just a cat one, I can ride this out.”

I hope you’re right, I hope you, your guests and your friend (and his guests) are all right. But even if you are, that doesn’t mean evacuating wouldn’t have been a good decision.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well they want people out for their own safety. Nobody wants deaths that can be avoided so "nonsense" might be a bit harsh.

The news outlets are merchants of doom. Nobody tunes in to see a storm that is "not that bad".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
So far so good ..little cosmetic damage nothing major, curfew was lifted this morning and I've been walking around, big thunderstorm with no thunder.

I was told the weather channel has a reporter in "cherry grove", that's me. The flooding shown is east of the marsh, no flooding in my neighborhood.

Will try to post more later, hard to type on tablet.

-JoeJoe
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You can still consider yourself fortunate, four people died.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Nobody died ... they went home. Smile

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I'm sure just as many if not more died evacuating ... why you so scared?? The odds are you are more likely to have first responders cut you out of your car with the jaws of death than they are going to have to rescue me ... yet I don't hear you telling anyone to stop driving??

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, JoeJoe wrote:
Nobody died ... they went home. Smile

-JoeJoe

This is pretty disguising really.

Please have some respect for the beliefs of others. You know, the way you demand others respect yours?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
There is nothing "disgusting" about what I said what-so-ever! Smile

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Always expect you to be you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Would you prefer I said they went to hell?? Is what somehow less disgusting to you?? And always expect you to be you.

-JoeJoe
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
As far as "death" goes, I think, for those of us who- as far as we know- haven't directly experienced it, it's a case of call it what you want I'll do the same. Semantics. The english language. And as far as the english language goes, I wouldn't throw stones, Danny, cause you live in a glass house, and you know it. Smile Joe Joe used his terminology way back on page 1 and no one accused Ed of any disrespect when he countered with his. For what it's worth, I think we need new language, and I also think Joe Joe may be out in front on that, in a sort-of way. But he's up against the status quo, somehow, and that rocks the boat, I've noticed.

What did you think of those CNN guys maxing their photo ops on this? At least one of them was rescued, I think they reported, yesterday.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/weather/2018/......lorence/

Regardless, take care, all. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nonsense. If you want your beliefs respected, respect others. No matter who said what on page one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
That could be a two way street, is what I'm saying, Danny.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, magicalaurie wrote:
That could be a two way street, is what I'm saying, Danny.

I get that and if it is doing to be SO strictly enforced against me, then I'm going to require equal compliance. Otherwise it is simple hypocrisy don't you think?

And by the way nonsense is the EXACT word I wanted. Being a hypocrite lacks sense. If one DEMANDS others respect their position or beliefs and dismiss the position or beliefs of others that is simple hypocrisy and nonsense.

Death is a VERY personal subject and belief about what happens to one after is varied along many lines.
All should be respected if you want your own respected.

Is that really such a strange position to take?

I do not believe you would advocate for hypocrisy. You are too honest for that. I do not believe you would advocate completely disregarding the beliefs of others and being disrespectful. You seem the exact opposite of that. I don't understand the point you are making.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Florence (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL