The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The voyager by Joel Dickinson (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
742 Posts

Profile of gtx magic

'That is freaking brilliant Joel', Gary Jones, Magician and Creator.

'The voyager was one of the most incredible things I’ve seen Joel do. As soon as I heard it was for sale I bought it and I can’t wait to perform this in my show, very excited.' Kieron johnson, Magician and Creator.

The Voyager has been performed by Joel for over a decade.
It is a magic and mentalism cross over which packs one heck of a punch.

It can be performed as a killer close up routine or as a mind-blowing stage piece and it is INCREDIBLY EASY to perform.

Your audience watch as a participant experiences time travel and they bring back a coin from the past, the coin not only appears in your participant's hand but it is also engraved with the very year they are merely thinking of.

This is very commercial, it is easy to perform, fully scripted, self-working and an unforgettable professional routine.

There is no reset to worry about and the gimmick will last a lifetime.

What do I receive?:

A handcrafted set of The Voyager coins, a full HD video download and three full routines to start using The Voyager coin set immediately.

The Voyager is a reputation making routine. With bare minimal props and you will be ready to perform this memorable routine at the drop of a hat.

This pre-order will be a limited to the first 50 purchasers.
It will be ready to be shipped mid October LATEST.

The Voyager has been designed using British coins. If you are not performing in Britain I provide an alternative introduction to the routine to justify using British coins.

First come first served!

Best wishes,

Joel

http://tadaa.co.uk/
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Just sent for this as it's by Joel, so basically that means it's a ready made worker.

All we have to do is add our own personality & entertain & create wonder.

Will review it when I recieve it mid October & when I have worked it several times.

Mike Donoghue
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Wonderful effect ! Does it require preshow, Joel ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1214 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi. There’s no preshow at all.
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2018, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi. There’s no preshow at all.

Great, so the spectator never writes anything down ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2286 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Am I correct in thinking this is basically Kenton Knepper's Time Machine with a bit of a different ending?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
loeld
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of loeld
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Am I correct in thinking this is basically Kenton Knepper's Time Machine with a bit of a different ending?

I thought the same! It was published in Wonder Words Volume two (The Real Work). It is a routine that is based of a routine by Larry Becker and this routine is by Kenton Knepper and Doc Hillford. When I watched the video it seems to me to be the same routine with the same ending(you tell them the time they are thinking of that is also on the coin). I have done Kentons routine a long time ago. I have bought a few routines in the past from Joel, but to me this feels like it is to much the same. Maybe Joel can shim in here and explain

All the best /lp loeld
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
This reminded me of Christopher Taylor's terrific "There and Back" effect where a participant selects a country to visit and goes on a mystical journey to that country. When the participant returns from his/her imaginary trip, he/she now has a coin from the country in his/her hand which the person can keep. The methodology of There and Back and The Voyager appears to be quite different. What is important in this type of effect is how clean and free the selection of the date chosen by the spectator is in The Voyager. Obviously the person cannot select any date so the selection process has to be appear to be extremely fair. The selection of the country in There and Back was extremely open and and free. Hopefully The Voyager is the same.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2286 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
When I did Time Machine I forced the year. From what I recall Kenton had a way of allowing a freely named year, but that wouldn't stand up to too much scrutiny (trying to be vague so as not to give away methods here).

This seems like the year is clearly printed and could be examined by the volunteer? If so that's a worthy change in my mind.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1214 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi all, I don’t want to give anything away.

Time Machine is a handling of what stems from Korans Medallion.
The Voyager is a different handling, I can’t personally perform Time Machine but it has been a great inspiration for my work on the plot and The Voyager allows me to perform the effect close up and get the impact required.

If anybody has any direct questions that they’d like to ask then please send me a message directly as I’m more than happy to help and to let you know if this is for you or not.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
This looks almost 90% Larry Becker... the minor difference being he limited the year choice to a particular century. Then great audience management and deft use of the props, that the person will agree the coin was engraved with the year chosen.

If in this routine there is a point the person must write down their year at any point, I'd say it was 98% Becker. If there was a point to limit it to a certain time span (to align with the coin's era) it is 99.9%.

I do the Becker routine quite often - and I really can't see the differences here from the video.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1214 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Another thing that must be considered is that this uses British coins only. I have tried to emphasise this. If you are not of a British performer I suggest an introduction for the presentation, however, you must really consider this.

Best wishes,

Joel.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Larry used a Pirate Dubloon.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1214 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
The beauty of The voyager is that the coin transforms in their hand, from a modern coin to an old coin.
This means the routine does not have to happen only on A stage, it can happen up close with groups.

I provide a variety of methods including techniques that have never been applied to the Koran Concept, the routine is modular.

Hope this helps.

Joel.

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
When I did Time Machine I forced the year. From what I recall Kenton had a way of allowing a freely named year, but that wouldn't stand up to too much scrutiny (trying to be vague so as not to give away methods here).

This seems like the year is clearly printed and could be examined by the volunteer? If so that's a worthy change in my mind.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2286 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
To clear up things from my end - I had a little chat with Joel and I'm sure this is different enough from the routine I'm familiar with to warrant a separate release. It sounds like a wonderfully emotionally engaging routine.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I think the reactions speak for themselves. This was no staged, sansminds, effort.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4664 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree. Joel puts out a lot of effects for the worker! This looks really good!

RNK
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Hope Joel decides to put out an American version. Joel definitely puts out true workers.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Great reaction from the woman...

Kinda interested though I know it wouldn't suit me...
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I have bought this but obviously not received it yet.

However, I am familiar with TIME MACHINE & Joel has explained the method & subtle differences with The Voyager to me.

In my humble opinion( & I love the work of all of the other mentalists mentioned in this post), I think that The Voyager is my prefered take on this.

It IS different, MORE convincing & much stronger for me.

The subtleties do a lot to elevate the effect.

Really like this & can't wait to receive the actual coins in the post.

I am not going to tip the work on this as it is unfair to Joel.

To me though as usual it will be worth a lot more than the price he is charging as it is super practical, direct & will create a massive impact with very little effort apart from presentation.

Also, I have paid for this so get nothing for singing it's praises apart from the fact that more performers will be slaying the public with Joels work

Joel would be the 1st to say that he stands on the shoulders of giants.

What he also does is elevate standard plots & make them VERY REAL WORLD masterpieces.

Well done Mr Dickinson on another great release.

Mike Donoghue
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The voyager by Joel Dickinson (44 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL