The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Scammer » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Do not buy anything from this man Gaetano Di Stefano. He just took me for almost $3,000 dollars. So if you live in Italy and want to make some money go over to this guys house and collect my money. You can have half of it. I was buying a Spontus from him. He had all the pictures of the illusion and him packing it. and even papers field out at the post office. Even videoed himself walking in and taking to me on Whatup APP. He did everything to let me know the illusion was being sent. It did not show up he said it was sent back to his house. He then told me he would send me back my money asked for my country code and filled everything out again and it never showed up but he had pictures of everything and even talked to me personally 4 times. Wow! So be careful. Now he won't even answer my iMessage or pm's. Just wanted to let my fellow magicians know who not to buy from.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Dang, that's a lot of money to lose. Sorry to hear about it.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Hire a retired private detective to track his whereabouts. I'm sure he will find him.

Good luck.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Stefano has been banned from the Café for many years under several different names for this exact reason. Sounds like he hasn't changed at all.
Where the magic begins
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks fellows.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Sounds like he's quite an illusionist.
It's all in the reflexes.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks for the $3000 dollar joke Illucifer
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It is sad that people are this way. It happens more and more. I had a small problem on eBay with someone trying to scam me. Thankfully, paypal backed me.

In this business, it is a very tight knit community. The people in the business know who to deal and not to deal with normally. I have reached out to other builders on occasion to get the "work: on somebody.

I am sorry you had to go through this. Dealing with people overseas is always scary because of the difficulty of following up in situations such as this.
Hopefully, you get some resolve on this and you never have to go through this again.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Richard. I have just let it got. But, If I every met him he will understand why I had 13 pro boxing fights, 2 black belts before the age of 20. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Scammer » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL