The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations Shin Lim (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Also, would just like to say, just because a certain aspect of the routine fooled you, does not instantly mean "ahhh it must be a stooge there is no other possible explanation!!!"
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Congrats on the win.

But I don't think it was a stooge. I heard someone say they saw him backstage grabbing handfuls of paperclips before folding and inserting nearly 200 cards. So he was obviously ready. Would have added maybe ten minutes, sure, but hey...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It definitely was not a stooge. I could see an invisible deck in his back pocket as an out, just in case.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Top_Illusionist –

You got it right! Shin is a class act. Not only on stage but as a person. As many of you know, for many years he had to fight negative comments and jealousy here on the Café. I could not be happier for him. Not only are his skills amazing but his creativity as well.

And, oh yea…. The hair….
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Also, a good follow-up performance on Ellen DeGeneres. Not as razzle-dazzle as on AGT, but good nonetheless.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Congratulations.
Not the genre I like, felt more like watching CGI than a live performance. But great for magic in general!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, paw wrote:
Top_Illusionist –

You got it right! Shin is a class act. Not only on stage but as a person. As many of you know, for many years he had to fight negative comments and jealousy here on the Café. I could not be happier for him. Not only are his skills amazing but his creativity as well.

And, oh yea…. The hair….

Well there was some controversy as I vaguely recall regarding some products which had some (trying to recall) exaggerated claims - video(?) that wasn't accurate etc - which as I recall he finally apologized for.

So just to be clear I don't think the controversy was plain jealously at the Café, but something else that perhaps he brought about. Seems like he's grown, and many of us could not be happier for his success.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry, just watched the performance, don't get it, where is the magic in this presentation. Magic has taken a giant step backwards.

You could tell that they needed audience staff to prime the applause, and that was very light compared to previous responses.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Some people are very easily pleased it seems Bill.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Im glad to see people being reasonably positive about this win ....I was involved in a horrendous thread on facebook with Justin Miller basically completely losing his **** swearing and saying that Shin had stolen his efects etc.
In all my years ive never seen such bile and vile comments about another magician.....when questioned Justin went on a complete 'throw his toys out of the pram' mode calling shin a thief and after being called out for being rude and obnoxious he wrote ' you nor anyone else can hold a candle to me'.....sorry for mentioning this in this thread but I'm gobsmacked that someone who is a respected creator and professional magician could be so utterly vile towards another performer..... gobsmacked!!
May your darkness come quickly
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
From a risk/reward perspective, why would someone risk so much by not simply stooging Tyra. For that kind of life changing opportunity I would have stooged everybody in the auditorium.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Sorry, just watched the performance, don't get it, where is the magic in this presentation. Magic has taken a giant step backwards.

You could tell that they needed audience staff to prime the applause, and that was very light compared to previous responses.

I mean enough people liked it for him to win the season 🤷
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, Yepski wrote:
From a risk/reward perspective, why would someone risk so much by not simply stooging Tyra. For that kind of life changing opportunity I would have stooged everybody in the auditorium.

Because it's against the AGT and BGT contracts to use stooging?

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
NOTE :

To people saying that he must have stooged Tyra to say hearts, why couldn't he have done the same for the number instead of making her roll the dice???

I think it may be coz she wasn't stooged 🤷🤷
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
9 of hearts used to be the most used for pitching Svengali decks back in them days... I think Shin Lim musta used one of them Svengalis in his performance..! LOL!

All joking aside.. his performance was very good but for some reason I cant stand him! I'm no hater but I wish he hadn't won... just something about him???
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I think I could have watched his whole routine just doing card productions! Rigging the dice? Oh, dear me? card forces, rough and smooth, Svengali? Oh dear me! Yes, I'd rather see Pop Haydn perform, any day. And I'd personally prefer to be at the Magic Castle than a big Vegas show. But, alas, AGT is a different stage. I'm glad Shin Lim, the magician, won! Lynn
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
It's all good Lynn.. Some love him and some hate him..

I don't hate him I just don't like him.. LOL!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Some are you on here are a bunch of jealous babies . He did a fantastic job on every performance through all the episodes. Most of us could not even hold a candle to how well he performed his affects. So happy for him he won big congratulations.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I like many of his acts/ routines. He is a young talent and fun to watch. This performance didn’t move me though compared to MANY of his other performances
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Jealous babies Hahaha! You gots to be kidding me.. right?

Jealous of what?

Like I said his performance was great just don't like him..!

Anyways it appears one of his b*tches here got butt hurt on what I wrote and is now trying to defend him...

Hey, it's ok if ya love him.. I just don't..!

BTW don't call me names and I won't either.. thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations Shin Lim (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL