The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Para Labs ordering (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I recently saw Para Labs esp cards. They’re great. The Para Labs ordering site has lots of weird glitches, images don’t show up, different prices in different places for the same item. But that aside I was about to buy them. But they charge 25 Euros to ship to Hong Kong. I have shipped decks of cards all over the world. It costs me about 6 US dollars to ship one deck just about anywhere. What is up with the para labs shipping cost? Would love to have these but that is crazy!
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Check promystic.com
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
As far as I know, Rainer has handed the sale of Paralabs products over to Stolina, a german magic retailer. They have set up a specific Paralabs site: https://www.paralabs-shop.com/en/
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2018, Mister E. wrote:
As far as I know, Rainer has handed the sale of Paralabs products over to Stolina, a german magic retailer. They have set up a specific Paralabs site: https://www.paralabs-shop.com/en/

And I wouldn't recommend purchasing from them again.

$12 work of items (really just some envelopes) and it cost me e29.95 to ship total.

It did not cost 17 Euros to ship 20 small pay envelopes.

Rip off IMO.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Yeah, it’s the new site I’m talking about. All kinds of problems. Images don’t load properly, prices aren’t entered consistently, shipping is crazy.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I think Craig at ProMyst*c was handling their props.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Try Promystic in USA.
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Seems like there's little information on the Paralabs ESP cards. Are they really that much different from other ESP cards?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2018, Ihmemies wrote:
Seems like there's little information on the Paralabs ESP cards. Are they really that much different from other ESP cards?

not worth breaking your neck for. There are many esp cards on the market. Michael Murray just released a new set

Neil tobin has a good set on penguin
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Alright thanks. Been using the Phoenix ESP cards, but to be honest the marking is a little too bold. If people go searching for marks, they will find them. Are Neil Tobin's more devious?

Quote:
On Dec 12, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:

not worth breaking your neck for. There are many esp cards on the market. Michael Murray just released a new set

ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:

Quote:
On Sep 18, 2013, eSamuels wrote:
The cards are the size they are for several reasons, not the least of which is to help distinguish them from playing cards.
This is accomplished in several other ways. They do not look, feel, nor 'handle' like playing cards. This is by design and a part of the clever thinking that went into every aspect of the cards (including the case they come in, which can be used in many different ways)

To my mind, they are heads & tails above any other ESP cards on the market.
The marking system is, indeed, subtle.
In fact, most people can't identify what it is when first receiving the cards (before reading the instructions).
But after a little time spent with them, you should have no trouble reading these - from up close or at a distance.

As for the booklet, it does offer some clever ideas and handling tips. I do recommend it.

Now the caveat on all this is that I did edit the book for Rainer & Thomas, so it might be suggested that I'm biased.
And I suppose I am, given the terrific results from performing with the cards, which is where my bias comes from Smile

e

Quote:
On May 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Bicycle backs? Too much of an association with playing cards and card tricks.

What I like about the ParaLabs cards:

1. Incredibly easy to read, even from a distance and in low light, and yet the markings are virtually invisible to anyone who doesn't know how they work.

2. Because of their size and design, they don't look like regular playing cards at all but appear to be legitimate ESP testing tools.

Quote:
On Jul 9, 2012, David Thiel wrote:
I use the Paralabs cards exclusively because they don't look even remotely like "cards." And the m**kings are very easy to see in every light condition.

Use the design of the cards to your advantage. Here's what I say when I introduce them for the first time:

"Some people suspect performers use specialized items. I don't. I've arranged for this package of standard ESP testing cards so there won't be any doubt in your mind that these are the authentic items."

The beauty of these cards is that they look very authentic. They feel different from playing cards...they are more cumbersome to handle. I handle them a little awkwardly to silently emphasize that they are oddly designed...and I never EVER do anything with the deck that makes it look like a card move. No shuffling...no mixing...just cutting. And don't make a big deal out of the cards...they're just...well...cards.

Ask yourself this: If they were real ESP testing cards, how would you treat them?

Paralabs has given me the perfect vehicle for doing some amazing things. I try not to over-analyze it.

David
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Thanks for the quotes Thomas!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2018, John C wrote:

Thanks, John!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
Alright thanks. Been using the Phoenix ESP cards, but to be honest the marking is a little too bold. If people go searching for marks, they will find them. Are Neil Tobin's more devious?

"The quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market." — Genii magazine
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Neil your cards have "ESP testing material" written on them right?
I perform the routine without referencing ESP, I rather keep it more vague and just talk about trying something interesting with some symbols. I'm not sure if the back design will fit the way I present the routine...

Quote:
On Dec 15, 2018, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:

"The quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market." — Genii magazine
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2018, Ihmemies wrote:
Neil your cards have "ESP testing material" written on them right?
I perform the routine without referencing ESP, I rather keep it more vague and just talk about trying something interesting with some symbols. I'm not sure if the back design will fit the way I present the routine...

Quote:
On Dec 15, 2018, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:

Understood. My Hands-Off Multiple ESP cards were designed for those who perform using the strong presentational context of scientific, parapsychological testing. They're not for everyone. (Just as cards that ignore their legitimate history by making them look like playing cards are not for me.) Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Para Labs ordering (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL