The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What Do You Take To Every Show? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Whenever I'm booked for a show, I always carry about 3 additional magical effects (one of which is the Egg Bag) just in case something breaks or I need to switch things up a bit on a moment's notice.

Other than that, I also carry:

Extra business cards
1 Gross of Fortune Telling Fish (these really do come in handy for just about every occasion)
Hand Sanitizer
2 Band-aids
Index cards
Pen
Safety Pins

How about you?

Gerry
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Old Fogie Extras: Packet of nose tissues; extra eyeglasses, sunglasses, pencil and large eraser, sticky note pad. My always-carry-magic-effect is a length of rope with tied ends; I can do about 10 minutes with that, and even more with a large washer in my pocket... coming soon in my Wiz Kid Lessons segment that I'm not allowed to mention here at the Café... oops, that just slipped out.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2018, jimgerrish wrote:
coming soon in my Wiz Kid Lessons segment that I'm not allowed to mention here at the Café... oops, that just slipped out.

LOL
Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
My prop case.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1149 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I carry extra tricks in the car trunk in case I need or want to do something that I wasn't planning on. Sometimes the audience or performing situation is very different than I was expecting. I may need to do close-up strolling stuff, or fill extra time, extra puppets, or whatever. , I carry extra stuff like batteries, markers, etc. And Excedrin,
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
2 LED flood lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q6......F8&psc=1 Sometimes it has got to dark outside during my show. Sometimes the lighting is low inside the room I am about to perform in. The chargeable battery powered flood lights are very helpful. It has additional features also. They do not get hot like halogen flood lights.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Reading glasses
Hand sanitizer
Zip ties
Notebook
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2259 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
A small Bic lighter. I've had occasion when the party planners wanted to light the candles on the cake but completely forgot to bring matches or a lighter - and no one in the group smoked. :o)
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1594 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hand sanitizer--paper towel sheets, all in a small zip lock bag.
Tricks that are good for young and older kids. Egg bag --cut and restored rope --2oth century silk-Stratospheres.
Ricky
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
My prop case.

I thought that I might get a reaction to that post. Either no one read it, or ?

My 45 minute school assembly program, runs 45 minutes. Most of the props are generic, and can be used to produce several different EFFECTS, so it's easy to pad out the show to 60 minutes for a family night. Set up for the stand up act is about 3 minutes. I can leave 2 minutes -after closing.

By using mostly generic props, I have more than enough for strolling gigs. --I often carry in my pocket a 4" ring, so I can do ring and rope for strolling. Sometimes I add a half dozen books of matches so I can vanish lit matches. with a TT. (I once spent an HOUR, vanishing matches, in a DARK cocktail hour room. I think I used up 8 books of matches. I was booked for a centennial party for a big corporation. I was to do a 30 minute stand up. I got there to find about a thousand people (families) in a "picnic" atmosphere in a huge hall. There were NO STAGE FACILITIES. After a brief meeting with the 'party planner', I strolled for about 2 hours. (It was GOOD MONEY.) The company people were very pleased.

So, all I bring is my prop case! (Well, maybe, the 4" ring!)

The kleenex, ETC. is already in the Murphy box.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jdstewart
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of jdstewart
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
My prop case.

I thought that I might get a reaction to that post. Either no one read it, or ?

I just saw this post and laughed.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1594 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi JD.
Welcome to the Café.
Tricky Ricky
jdstewart
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of jdstewart
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, TrickyRicky wrote:
Hi JD.
Welcome to the Café.
Tricky Ricky

Thanks Tricky Ricky
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Always have duct tape and a small unopened tube of super glue. Bar napkins, good for what napkins do, and also for a good torn and restored napkin routine. I guess I always never leave home without a TT and a silver dollar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What Do You Take To Every Show? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL