The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Need ideas for sven pad? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Hi guys bought sven pads and looking for ideas....thanks
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Seems like a good way to seasonalise a show with themed content. ( I don't have a Sven so this is just my guess). You fill in the pad with the words you' ll flip through yourself, right?

I'm curious about the Strolling use of Sven. How would you carry a pad without messing up the edges of the pad. Having the same choice would seem a problem but I guess lots of tricks would have that problem and Magicians do use those for Strolling. I have done a trick that had that issue at one time but I cut it.

I thought Sven was more a one time Stage or Parlor trick. I'll be interested to hear from others using Sven for Strolling.

-Mary Mowder
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Mary-

Google just notified me of this post. As you might know I’m the creator and manufacturer of genuine SvenPads®️

Mary -you were the 1st person to ever greet me when I joined the Café many thousands of posts ago - so cool to see you here again.

So there’s not enough space here to answer all the OP questions or your comments. But the power of the pad is that it looks boring/ordinary and the Force happens in the spectator’s hands. We sell more than 14 different styles. And yes they are very durable and yes there are ways to force multiple things with one pad.

I am a busy strolling mentalist and use SvenPads for hours. I carry 2-3 with me at strolling events. If it’s a big group that’s all you need.

If the original poster owns a genuine SvenPad®️ (And not one of the many crappy knockoffs) then you get a 16+ pdf, numerous performance ideas, access to the Michael Murray’s pdf of ideas + private access to our Facebook group of 2000+ members. One of the videos posted my Spidey is an insane way to use a pad. With multiple reveals. We ask anyone seeking to join our FB group for photo proof of purchase.

Take care.

Brett
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
professortango
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of professortango
Svenpads can be used for a multitude of effects. I always start listing "effects I think that would be cool" and on another list I list "Things this utility device can do" and then I see where I might have some crossover and go from there. Doing so you can create unique and interesting effects and routines rather than just trying to follow in any footsteps.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
No comments since I posted week ago!

OK!! Cool - so I tried to be helpful. The SvenPad is a powerful utility device that allows a force to happen fairly in the spectator's own hands. It is not a one time this or that - it can be used many different ways including the brilliant new method that Spidey taught recently (which since has been used by Oz Pearlman on TV).

I do many strolling gigs - and I will give away one crazy powerful ideas here - pairing one our genuine SvenPads with the Rainbow gimmick from SEO Magic (I recommend the Statue of Liberty gimmick). https://www.seomagic-usa.com/product_inf......_id/1897

The pad can be used powerfully for pre-show as well.

So there is your answer! You are welcome and wishing you all the best Mary and AHELLER5 !
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I’ve been using svenpads for a long time now. Brett makes them in an incredible variety. I also use the product brett links to.
Vegas pad which brett makes paired with this creates an incredible visual mentalism experience
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
How many pages in a Sven pad?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2018, Wravyn wrote:

So the # of pages varies depending on the specific product. The KoD spiral pads have 20 force pages and 20 non force pages = 40 pages total. We use a thicker paper (we custom make the paper and print the lines on it from scratch).

The sticky notes style has 50 pages total (25/25)

The pocket size style has 50 pages total.

We make about 10 more styles including remade artists pads and more.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2018, Wravyn wrote:

So the # of pages varies depending on the specific product. The KoD spiral pads have 20 force pages and 20 non force pages = 40 pages total. We use a thicker paper (we custom make the paper and print the lines on it from scratch).

The sticky notes style has 50 pages total (25/25)

The pocket size style has 50 pages total.

We make about 10 more styles including remade artists pads and more.

Thank you.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
No comments since I posted week ago!

OK!! Cool - so I tried to be helpful. The SvenPad is a powerful utility device that allows a force to happen fairly in the spectator's own hands. It is not a one time this or that - it can be used many different ways including the brilliant new method that Spidey taught recently (which since has been used by Oz Pearlman on TV).

I do many strolling gigs - and I will give away one crazy powerful ideas here - pairing one our genuine SvenPads with the Rainbow gimmick from SEO Magic (I recommend the Statue of Liberty gimmick). https://www.seomagic-usa.com/product_inf......_id/1897

The pad can be used powerfully for pre-show as well.

So there is your answer! You are welcome and wishing you all the best Mary and AHELLER5 !

Why didn't you say it had a Dr. Bob Casidy routine. I could have ordered it months ago.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Watermitty
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Watermitty
Write on both sides and get two forces in one pad 🙂
MaveriQ
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
34 Posts

Profile of MaveriQ
I use mine to force the hero for my Lolli Hero.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
It’s basically a for saying bad. But it works flawlessly time after time. Some of the ideas that I’ve been playing with superheroes, Destinations cities around the world, extreme sports, favorite foods. Other people have used famous athletes famous actor, Presidents, Another one of my favorite to do is to ask. “Have you ever seen a rainbow” I always get a yes answer and proceed by saying hey Brenda only if you have the colors in the rainbow…
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I like to use a smiley face as the force with other shapes as the show pages and in different colours. After the force, I bring out 2 dry erase whiteboards and go through a slow reveal by way of a drawing duplication. I also involve audience by asking various questions about the nature of what we are drawing.
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
Force questions you know/can hit the answers to
chosen1
View Profile
Regular user
lots of places
123 Posts

Profile of chosen1
I believe the Sven pad is a great way to bring any other interest you may have into your magic in a logical way.

Personally my real job (if you can call it that) is as a screenwriter. So I use the pad to show various favorite movies of mine. It makes sense for me, because it’s a natural passion and helps me seem like a more well rounded individual with multiple interest. Also helps me have broader conversations with my audience that go beyond just the magic I’m sharing.

Another thing that has been fun to play with is to send an ungimmicked pad out into the audience and have them fill it up with their favorite... whatever you’d like. Switch the pad out for your Sven pad on your way back to the stage and then force. This multiplies the impossibility and leaves you so much room for interaction.
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I think that circulating the pad in the audience is an idea with promise but at first blush seems too time consuming for my taste. If one can get around that, it might work.
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2019, aligator wrote:
I think that circulating the pad in the audience is an idea with promise but at first blush seems too time consuming for my taste. If one can get around that, it might work.

If your doing it as part of a show you could chuck it out do some other stuff then get back to it later in the act, could be nice
chosen1
View Profile
Regular user
lots of places
123 Posts

Profile of chosen1
Thank you for your thoughts Aligator and Pauldelafontaine. That is indeed exactly how I use it. After an intro where I discuss my work as a writer/producer and how that helps me undertand people, I send the pad out into the audience for them to write down some of their favorite movies. I do not collect this again until towards the end of the show. Because movies are something very personal to people they usually have a few favorites on the forefront of their mind and it doesn't take long for them to come up with one. I haven't noticed much of a time suck, but you are totally right aligator you definitely want a routine or two buffer. It's worked well so far.

Best,
Brandon
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
It's a wonderful forcing device. I use mine to force the celebrity for 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Need ideas for sven pad? (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL