The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » How are you using quiver? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Ray Haining wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, John C wrote:
You'll get a bigger reaction with the quiver plus.

Why?

because....it's bigger?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:

I'm waiting for the Quiver Backpack.

"Show your backpack empty, then imagine your spectators surprise when they go to squeeze your pack open and you produce a toddler. Toddler not provided."

(I joke, but I'd probably buy it. I love me my Quiver products.)

I hope it never ends! Quiver Double D.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

I ended up getting the quiver + and I'm very happy that I did. A folded dollar bill fits perfectly in it. I imagine it would not fit in normal quiver.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1833 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

because....it's bigger?

This is completely illogical.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, mndude wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

I ended up getting the quiver + and I'm very happy that I did. A folded dollar bill fits perfectly in it. I imagine it would not fit in normal quiver.

it would in quarters
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Ray Haining wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

because....it's bigger?

Ray, would it be logical if it was a joke?

Or, you knew that it was?
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1833 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

because....it's bigger?

Yes, perfectly logical.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2018, Ray Haining wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

because....it's bigger?

Yes, perfectly logical.

Thank you kind sir.
poolside
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
68 Posts

Profile of poolside
Great idea, IHOP! Just tried it with some family members who have seen many, many, many, silk vanishes and they were stunned by the re-appearance in the purse. Thanks for sharing this idea.
"It's a good feeling to know you're alive" - Fred Rogers
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, poolside wrote:
Great idea, IHOP! Just tried it with some family members who have seen many, many, many, silk vanishes and they were stunned by the re-appearance in the purse. Thanks for sharing this idea.

I’m glad you like it. I also get good reactions.
As mentioned in previous,posts, I also use it with Hoppin Halves & S&S.
Regards,
Ihor
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Leo H
My Quiver arrived with only downloadable instructions at Ellusionist. I don't see Quiver on that download page--lots of other effects though. Does anyone know where I can find a link to the instructions?
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Never mind. Located the link.
funboy247
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of funboy247
I use my Quiver for copper silver brass. It works perfectly fine
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1591 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Hopping Time by Alex Ng:
https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/bo......ht=62583

Besides, another routine with limited release in traditional chinese by same author Alex Ng, a 6-8 minutes complete mentalism act, name 'The Purse' is the best application of Quiver; not only by opinion also confirmed with the creator Kelvin Chow as well.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have been playing with two ideas, not yet 100%.
First is a miss made flag using the silks from thumb tip Blendo,
Second is a coin bend,
blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
149 Posts

Profile of blsorg
Just received my Quiver Plus. Beautiful device- Unfortunately as I was following along with the instructional video, the pin holder (hinge) at the top of the purse "popped out". It appears that it's broken or not connected well. I did not use force or do anything to cause this. Anyway, I notified Ellusionist. Hope they can take care of things!
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -

http://www.WVmagic.net
blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
149 Posts

Profile of blsorg
Ellusionist is right on the ball... No hassle. Sending a replacement to me. Great service!
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -

http://www.WVmagic.net
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
I use mine for serial number divinations, too. A buddy of mine takes out three coins from his, vanishes them, and then has an audience member take out the three coins from the Quiver, which has been sitting innocently on the table the whole time. Gets great reactions.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
502 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I posted this elsewhere, but since this is directly related to the question asked and the discussion following, I will add it here, as well.
I have three Quiver purses. I use one to introduce a coin for a one coin routine, and I sometimes use it to both produce and vanish a Triple Threat gimmick in its 'single coin' form. I use all three for an "I Hate Kids" type of routine, but not with kids. With adults. And you can have the adults open the purses if you want to get a little bold. I've never had anyone suspect, let alone accidentally find, the hidden part of the purse.
Here's the basics: You introduce three 'empty' coin purses, two one dollar bills and a twenty dollar bill. (I pre-fold the bills and unfold them to show them.)
The one dollar bills are going in the side of the purse that opens naturally - without engaging the gimmick. So one purse already has the $1 in it, but no $20. Keep track of that purse. That's the hardest part of the whole thing. But if you open the purses and give a glance inside, you'll know. That can be done as easily and naturally as you'd peek anything else for any other routine. For example, you could snap the purse shut after opening it, gesture while asking a question or further explaining the 'rules'; then open it again on the gimmicked side to show it empty and/or place the $20 inside.
Once the purses are loaded up - put them behind your back and shuffle them around. Or place them in a paper bag and shake them up or let the spectator shake them up. I would only recommend allowing the spectator to mix them up IF the purses are in a bag or some other enclosed item. I wouldn't let them handle them until they've made a selection, if you choose to do so at all. That's not for fear they'll open them, but just in case they try to somehow in their minds, 'mark' one of them by jamming a fingernail into the leather or something, or perhaps feel what they think/realize is more than one bill. Probably neither would occur, but I don't let them shuffle.
Once shuffled, lay the purses out in front of them and have them choose one. The prize, of course, potentially being the $20 bill. When they select one, you can open it and show the one dollar bill, or have them open it. When they open it, you can have them dump it upside down and dump the $1 out. Or you can open it and take it out, or open it and let them take it out, or let them open it and take it out. They're going to be too distracted to 'feel' the other bill, so it's probably safe to let them take it out, but I prefer to open their selected purse, show them the bill, then dump it out in their hand, showing the empty purse. I've had them open the purse - but I usually only do that if they ask if they can, or I feel it suits the spectators/situation.
However you decide to orchestrate the reveal, you can then pick up the other two purses and, engaging the gimmick, make the $20 appear in whichever one you choose. I've given them a second chance - down to 50/50. Of course, luck isn't with them that day. ("The House always wins.")
Of course, you can also conversely orchestrate a 'win' of any bill or object you choose that will fit in the purse - say for a birthday or corporate gig - in the same manner.

Here's another thing I came up with that gets both laughter and bewildered looks:
I always order the same thing at a local coffee chain. I know what it costs to the penny. I put the exact change, (hidden), in the purse. When they tell me the amount for my beverage, I take out the purse and - OH NO! - point out that it's empty. No problem. I tell them, "This is one of the new 'ATP' purses. ...An 'Automatic Teller Purse'. It's connected by Bluetooth to my bank account. All I have to do is whisper the passcode to the purse and then state the amount I need to withdraw." I tell them they can't listen while I enter my passcode; then 'whisper' some made up thing they can obviously hear, ("Rumpelstiltskin Won't Win" is a favorite I've used several times), then I state the amount of the total they just gave me, right down to the penny. I then tell them, "Ah...I felt the purse vibrate. That means the transfer is complete." I open the previously empty purse, give them a quick flash of the inside to show there is money where, a moment earlier, there was none, pay the exact amount of the beverage and put the purse back in my pocket like I didn't just do anything extraordinary and as if I just expect that everyone else in there probably no doubt has an ATP, as well; and retrieve my drink.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I use mine when we eat out. My wife asks me how much money I have when the check comes and I dump out $1 bill folded up with some chump change. She ends up paying and my couple $50's and $20's are safe for my magic funds. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » How are you using quiver? (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL