The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The Secret Art Of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This book is awesome. It's a fast read and
is packed with good info for the street performer.

Actually I think it's a perfect book for the strolling performer as well.

One of the best books I've read on the subject of magic, period. For street performing, it's THE best thing I've read or seen.

It is so nice to see a book that is FULL of useful stuff as opposed to a book that's got one good trick and the rest are the usual faire with slight changes.

Worth the price of the book Smile

I'm impressed!

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Frank,

You are absolutely right, this is a terrific book. There are few worthwhile books on theory, and no other book that also addresses the unique problems of the street performer.

Yours,

Paul
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Since Eric Evans' style does not appear to be loud and over-the-top, I think the book will be better suited to almost everyone.

If his suggestions for building a crowd were to stand on a box and blow a bull-horn, for instance, I would never do it. I'm not that way, and I don't think that most people are. I need something that fits my style. Something a bit more passive and he talks about this specifically. Ahhhh!!!

He's providing tools for the rest of us . . . (most of us, actually)

There's a link on my website that has the official marketing info for it if you're interested.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Standing on a box and blowing a horn in new orleans would never work....it jjust wouldn't....now maybe at a festival it would...but the streets for a magician is different...if you are a juggler they can see your gear and see what you are doing...but a magician...a table...ut oh...three card monte....it doesn't work.....its really tough out there....but after you stop one it gets much easier....its better to use your voice and try to make them understand what you are about before they step up to your table....i talk to them...tell them what I'm gonna do....tell them I promise they will remember me forever....and make claim that I'm the best they have ever seen....

working the streets....is different in all places....but new orleans is the hardest place I think....if you can survive there you can survive anywhere...

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The Secret Art Of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL