The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple Threat Performances.... (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Hiya - I’m trying to find some clips of some Triple Threat performances. Can anyone help?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Https://triple333threat.wordpress.com/

You can see Troy using it here.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Ok, here's something I've been working on using the 3T and my own Secret Servante... Sorry about the crap recording, my iPhone didn't focus properly at times, but hopefully you'll get the idea. I've used this at tables and during mix and mingle too, and it gets great reactions. The only difference is that I do add a jumbo production at the end rather than just a vanish.

https://youtu.be/FkaL6tatTb4

Cheers

Sean
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
179 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Here’s Rich Hurley using the coin:

https://youtu.be/cqnp5iamGWo

Barry’s magic shop:

https://youtu.be/4yrtmmzdYr4
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Having seen those performances I'm curious what the advantages are of a 3CM coin over a triple split apart from thickness when viewed up close as you can virtually accomplish the same things with the much cheaper triple split ?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi Warren. I love both sets - the triple split for me is best used at a distance due to the thickness of the coins whereas the 3T can be used in mix and mingle situations with less angle restrictions
Magically,

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for getting back to me Sean I had a feeling that was the only real difference. I had considered getting a Triple Threat myself but I'm not sure if I really need one as I'm really happy with the routine I perform with JJ's Coin Coalition, admittedly I only perform it at tables and when working mix and mingle I have other coin routines that play very well for me....Having said that never say never as I might still end up getting a set myself haha
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
Ok, here's something I've been working on using the 3T and my own Secret Servante... Sorry about the crap recording, my iPhone didn't focus properly at times, but hopefully you'll get the idea. I've used this at tables and during mix and mingle too, and it gets great reactions. The only difference is that I do add a jumbo production at the end rather than just a vanish.

Cheers

Sean

Look really good Sean. Very nice work!
I really like the addition of the Chinese coin(s) and the jumbo at the end must make their eyes pop out.
Thanks for sharing.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Thanks videoman - I sent the link to Mark Tamms too who wants to include it in his new 3T book which is very humbling.

I’ve not had the 3T for long now, but I must say how impressed I am. It’s a very practical gimmick in terms of angles, which is cool and the quality is superb. The final insert of the gimmick is lovely - it really looks, and feels like a regular coin which swung me to the 3T rather than the 3CM.

It’s not cheap for sure, but as I am using it constantly now I guess it therefore represents excellent value for money. Something costing say £10 but that is never used is very expensive!
Magically,

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
How long did it take to get it Sean, in the past I've had to wait quite a while when ordering from Todd but have to say it's always been well worth the wait.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Todd sent me a message saying he had one ready to go, so I was lucky! It took just over a week to arrive, but yes.... well worth the wait! It’s a beautiful piece of work
Magically,

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Wow that was lucky haha
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Quote:

Cheers

Sean

Really nice routine, looks like a Troy Hooser´s routine (I forgot the name right now, but it comes on his Moments book), but with a major handling improvement
Hope to record two routines form Mark Tams new project too!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, magojose |wrote:
Quote:

Cheers

Sean

Really nice routine, looks like a Troy Hooser´s routine (I forgot the name right now, but it comes on his Moments book), but with a major handling improvement
Hope to record two routines form Mark Tams new project too!

Thanks for the kind comments. I haven’t seen Troy’s routine, but Mark Tams kindly told me about one of Troy’s routines where three silver coins turned into three Chinese coins, which could be handed out at the end. Not sure if this is what you’re referring to? Yes, the handling for this is different to mine. Looking forward to seeing your work too buddy - for some reason there doesn’t seem many performances on the net to watch?

Having used the 3T now in lots of gigs, I’m soooooo pleased I invested in it. It’s really practical in terms of angles which for me is vital.
Magically,

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Ive recorded another one, hopefully without the iPhone constantly refocusing! I usually use my Secret Servante to ditch and retrieve the coins but this version doesn’t use it at all. Hope you get the basic idea anyway!

https://youtu.be/pbaKa89p4JQ
Magically,

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
In the end I couldn't resist Sean, I ended up contacting Todd and have ordered a Triple Threat myself unfortunately he didn't have any waiting to go so I have to play the waiting game but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
I've recorded another one[:]

https://youtu.be/pbaKa89p4JQ

The use of the Chinese coin brings the Triple Threat to a whole new level. Best application I've seen of this gimmick. Nice.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi Warren - you won’t be disappointed buddy, the gimmick is superb and totally practical. Ray, thank you for your kind comments. I’m very happy with this routine and it’s now part of my close up set. I’ve always loved the Wild Coin premise but wanted a stand up variation which also did away with the mug/cup etc.
Magically,

magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
I've found a record of me doing a little thing with this beauty
The frame of video could be better, but I promise that I´ll record it again if you wanted it

https://youtu.be/svLXjztkowQ
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2019, magojose |wrote:
I've found a record of me doing a little thing with this beauty
The frame of video could be better, but I promise that I´ll record it again if you wanted it

https://youtu.be/svLXjztkowQ

Not tryin' to bash you here Jose' but you've got to fix that 4th card lay down and *e**r*tion. 1st thing I thought was WTHeck is he doin'? 😀😀😮 "He's being sneaky" 😮🙂 Just constructive critisicm here. Thanks for sharing. 👍👈
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple Threat Performances.... (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL