The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Out Of The Blue by James Anthony and MagicWorld (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
Please can you not send images of the gaffs on here where possible - you can private message images I think and secrets but lets keep this open for discussions around the effect of course. There is so much possability with the gaffs and many other vatiations.

I used to split cards but printing them is far faster on printbymagic.com Smile. I just don't have the patience and time and the result is generally cleaner as there is no distortion to the card stock.

All the best Anthony
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I didn't send any images, nor do I plan to.

But as far as splitting cards and making gaffs, some of us don't have the dough laying around to purchase extras.

But I do have a bunch of spare decks laying around waiting to be put to good use.

And I can assure you, my home made gaffs will be immaculate. I've been doing it for a looooooooong time. And I do have the patience.

To each their own.

OOTB is still a great effect, though, and I stand by it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
No one is posting images I am just pointing out that a mastermind deck with an Ace as a force is far better than a 50/50 vertical split imho . The force is far cleaner to than shimmying around with sliding half a card out the side it looks so very unnatural Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
No one is posting images I am just pointing out that a mastermind deck with an Ace as a force is far better than a 50/50 vertical split imho . The force is far cleaner to than shimmying around with sliding half a card out the side it looks so very unnatural Smile

While I don't disagree with you, I do feel it's getting kind of nit picky. I wouldn't say it is FAR better, maybe a tad better. I don't think sliding out the side is unnatural.

But neither type is going to make or break the trick and looks the same as far as the audience is concerned.

If they don't like the trick it won't be because they saw a half inch less of the card.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:

But when you’re showing that their card is now missing you can only show the pip-index of each card as opposed to 50 percent as with the supplied cards.
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
But let me clarify for Out Of The Blue it is 50% of the card - but we can print gaffs with any percentage showing ahould you require Smile.

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, magicant wrote:
But let me clarify for Out Of The Blue it is 50% of the card - but we can print gaffs with any percentage showing ahould you require Smile.

Can you print 50/50 cards but cut on the diagonal ala Unshuflled by Anton James?
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
That is my preference Pegasus too .
I would say yes as card collection used to sell them Smile
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
Any design you can inagine can be printed and colour matched... but expect a 1 time setup cost for anything that is new and specifically desined for yourself etc due to the time it takes.

Cheers A

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I finally made up a set of gimmicks. (Queen of hearts)

They came out real good.

Now I can safely repeat the effect for the same group. I'm a cappy hamper.
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
I think I'm going to use half my destiny deck for this. Great idea, but I don't like not being able to show all of the selected card
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2018, Craigers wrote:
I think I'm going to use half my destiny deck for this. Great idea, but I don't like not being able to show all of the selected card

Really? You honestly think that specs will care?
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
Personally I don't think they have a clue... Received a fantastic review from Genii and Paul Romhany... included the attachment.

All the best
Anthony

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've seen and used lots of forces that employ showing half the card like that, and never had a problem. I think it seems perfectly natural and unsuspicious.

The spectator's brain fills in the other half of the card as "being there." Same thing as if they see a diamond pip on a queen, their mind assumes the other side must be a diamond too, although the reality might be a heart. The mind works on assumption and the brain takes the easiest path of thought. And we magicians happily take advantage of such foolishness, heh, heh, heh. "Trust me. Would I lie to you?" "Ahhhhhhhhhh! ! Come into my Parlour, said the spider to the fly," and all that guff.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Looks like what could be achieved with Chris Kenworthey's Mastermind Deck - I wonder if the cards are much different.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Page 2 of this thread will confirm the post above .
Also imo the display is cleaner too with the MMD as the cards are indeed different .
Having said that I have both as I particularly like the f..rce card in this version Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
"How good is the quality of the printing in the gaffed cards? I mean, can the gaffed cards be mixed with same back regular bicycle cards and would be noticeable?"
@recoplon

A few things ....

1. The stock is right - the cards "feel right" as far as paper.
2. However, the ink is raised on the surface and "feels" like it could chip off with a fingernail
3. The colors are "very close"
3. Lastly, the cards stink

Yes, the cards smell like mushrooms. Mine smell so bad I need to keep them locked away in their plastic box. If mine are out in the room - I can smell them from anywhere in that room.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Bob Solari has an effect called “New Jersey Experiment” which is been around for a long time which is very similar to this, but involves 2 decks of cards, one red, and one blue. A blue deck is spread face down to show all blue backs. It is squared up and can be placed back into the box if desired. A card is now selected from the red deck (example: king of clubs). It is placed back into the deck- and a magical snap of the fingers and the red deck is spread- (or counted through)-and the king of clubs has vanished. You now remove the blue deck from its box, and spread- (or again counted through)- and a red card is now seen in the deck that was earlier spread to show only blue backs. It is turned over and it is the king of clubs. The effect can also be done by counting through the cards and showing the red and blue deck to have 52 cards, then counted to show the red has 51, blue has 53, etc. But that’s a lot of counting and I don’t do it that way. (Unless I’m doing it for kids because they love to count along out loud with me on other effects I do for them).
I like the idea of doing this with just one deck, half red and half blue. Davidkenny- do the cards smell like mushrooms because of the chemicals used to make the gaffs? Or does the entire deck smell?
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
@nattefrost

First off, you don't get an entire deck with this, only the gaffs and as far as your chemical question that sounds like a question for Mr Anthony, I have no idea
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have to be honest..I never noticed a mushroom smell.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Out Of The Blue by James Anthony and MagicWorld (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL