The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Strat-o-sphere (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zone098
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of zone098
I just got Strat-osphere and am finishing it. Really difficult to think of patter and presentation for this effect. I like the effect but can't think of anything. The only thing I can think oif is a monte-type game with the audience, "Where is the red ball?"

At the end put ball in box, ask where is the ball now (in the box?), then vanish it and so, NOO, it was in the tube the whoole time. What do you guys think?
"Human kind cannot bear too much reality." -T.S. Eliot
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Depending on your audience, you may want to use it as a traffic light, and ask the kids (assuming you are working for kids) what order the colors are in.

You may also switch the balls for fake apples (red, yellow, and green) and do a Snow White type of story line.

For adults, you might try a "nonsense" explanation of how difficult it is to split the "atom" (the red ball) because it never stays in one place, as the other electrons fly around it.

Or how about a genetic code type of routine, with the red "gene" always getting out of order?

These are just some ideas off the top of my head (with the exception of the first one, which is fairly standard).
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I feel your pain. This is a toughie. I finally settled on the idea that this was something they use to teach traffic safetly rules to clowns (you know, someone has to drive those little cars) get the crowd responding properly to each color. Green is "Go" and Yellow is "Slow Down". When they shout that, you do slow down, as if they're not getting it. Finally, when they all yell "Stop", you do.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I do the Stratosphere as a gospel routine. If you are interested, PM me.
Daniel Faith
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11906 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Teach traffic safetly rules to clowns (you know, someone has to drive those little cars) get the crowd responding properly to each color. Green is "Go" and Yellow is "Slow Down". When they shout that, you do slow down, as if they're not getting it. Finally, when they all yell "Stop", you do.

That is excellent! Very simple and an attention getter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Strat-o-sphere (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL