The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul Brand New Penguin Live Act (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Here's some information about my new "Live Act" project with Penguin Magic. It's a complete 40 /45 minute (Segmented) Stand-up Mentalism Act that packs very small and plays huge!

The idea behind a segmented show is that it gives the performer flexibility. The full show can be broken down into shorter acts when the performer is required to do a shorter performance. With this particular act you will be able to deliver 10 min, 20 min, 30 min or full 40 / 45 minute shows all of which are impactful and all of which retain an escalation in impossibility.

Effects included in the Act:
1. Whole Audience Drawing Dup. (An opener that gets the whole audience involved)
2. Last Person Standing. (Read the thoughts of someone in the middle of an audience)
3. Word Test (Performed as a challenge effect with a skeptic)
4. No Chair, Chair Prediction. (A multi-phase routine using six people)
5. Time to Get to Know You (Where a husband reads his wife's mind!)
6. Call back Drawing Dup. (A “call back” gives the appearance of spontaneous mind-reading)
7. Thought Reader (An Envelope Test / Mini Q & A where multiple personal thoughts are revealed)

I also include a bonus effect that can be used as an alternative opener for smaller groups.

Current estimates of when this project will be available...second week of November.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Marvelous!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5108 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Your work is always amazing Marc!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
696 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Really enjoyed your work on Alakazam Academy. Always something to learn from you. Looking forward to this project.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1611 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I attended Marc's performance of this show yesterday evening in Columbus. It was excellent. Of the seven effects, I especially appreciated the first and the fourth. and look forward to the teaching video when it comes out in November.

George
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Without sounding like I am crawling, Marc's Alkazam lecture was one of the best I have ever seen. I am sure this one will be even better, I can't wait!!!!!!!
Oscar999
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Marc's stuff is always top notch and practical. Looking forward to this!

Hey, I did his "Human Equation" for a group of 10 year old girls at a birthday party just a couple of weeks ago and it was a big hit! Thanks Marc.

Oscar
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
127 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
Your first lecture was top notch and so much helpful. Looking forward to the new lecture.
Thank You Smile
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Guys,
A few people have contacted me to ask if this new project overlaps with my Alakazam Lecture or my first Penguin lecture. The simple answer is no, all METHODS are new but of course I am revisiting classic plots like Drawing Dup., Word Test, Chair Prediction and Envelope Test. An earlier version of "Time To Get to Know You" appeared on my Alakazam Lecture (see below). Remember this project is about an entire 40/45 minute act. The individual routines are important but I hope that the actual show is greater then the sum of it's parts. Within a show I try to create themes / hooks that resonate with the audience this helps to involve everyone and make the performance feel relevant to them. The act consists of FIVE multi-phase routines that gradually escalate in perceived impossibility.

Here is the list of effects again with a little more detail...

1. "Whole Audience Drawing Dup." has never been published before. It is an effect that immediately engages EVERYONE in your audience. It is purely verbal and involves no props whatsoever. It blends seamlessly into effect no. 2

2. "Last Person Standing" has never been published before. It uses a technique that you are probably familiar with but I show you exactly how and WHY I use this technique.

1 and 2 together blend together and focus on the theme that human nature is predictable.

3. "Word Test" has never been published before. This is my version of Cassidy's White Dwarf. I think you will like how I construct the envelopes to create a very pleasing visual deception. Only two envelopes are used there are no switches. BUT the presentation is what I'm most proud of here, this is a test conditions piece that (tongue in cheek) turns a skeptic into a believer!

4. "No Chair, Chair Prediction" has never been published before, I've kept it to myself for over 15 years. This is a massive feature routine! Massive in both stature AND effect. It consists of four amazing effects blended together. I'm not going to tell you more you'll just have to watch it! The theme is all about making decisions.

5. "Time to Get to Know You" is my take on Osterlind's Watch Routine. It uses a completely different method than his for gaining the information. Those who have my Alakazam Lecture will have seen the basic method but since then I have streamlined it. The presentation is also now different, it is a "spectator as the mind reader effect" where I teach a guy to read his partner's mind!

6. "Thought Reader" returns to the plot I love most, revealing personal information about my audience. This is more than an envelope test it's a mini Q & A that is extremely flexible. Those of you who know my work will see some similarities with what has come before but this is different. The underlying method has changed there are no envelope switches and no forced information. Only two envelopes are used the audience members themselves seal their information inside and I NEVER touch those envelopes, yet I can reveal the contents of both and more! This is super super clean and to be honest I'm VERY proud of this. It could potentially be the best thing I've ever come up with!

I hoped that answers some of your questions.
All the best
Marc
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of corindaman
I am salivating with anticipation!!!!!
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Latest Update…

I’ve just seen some rough edits of my new Penguin Live Act. I can’t tell you how excited I am about this project. This is how all mentalism should be taught!

The act that you’ll see me perform live is over 40 mins long it has a structure that gently escalates in impossibility. It has lots of audience participation is light and engaging. This is not a heavy mentalism show it is a highly entertaining and fun show with quite a few laughs. You’ll see how I manage spectators and how I try to get the most out of every effect. You’ll also learn how I get the audience to react exactly how I want them too! This enables me to generate an almost guaranteed standing ovation at the end.

The whole show packs very small and plays huge. All props you probably already have lying around or they can be bought from your local office supply store. The show only uses rock solid, tried and tested mentalism techniques and methods that you can rely on.

If you are a follower of my material you’ll know that I like to give you as much material and alternatives as I can. This is a natural extension of what I do in actual performance. I will put together (from a reservoir of material) the best act for the venue and the audience that I’m working for. This project therefore is a little different from other Live Acts that you have watched. I’m trying to include lots of variations and alternatives so that you can deliver any length act from 10 mins to 45 mins that will work strongly in any venue.

Here’s the latest update of what you’ll be getting in the download

1. "THE BLACKBOARD PLOY" which will be included as a PDF. Although this is not an effect it is a completely verbal opener that engages the whole audience. You’ll get the actual script that I use to get everyone in a large audience actively involved. The PDF will show you how I also use the Blackboard Ploy to not only engage everyone but also how I use it to select someone in the middle of the audience and read their mind.

2. "THIS, THAT and the OTHER". This is an opener that I use for smaller groups. It’s fun, engaging and has a payoff that is a strong moment of astonishment AND gets a big laugh! Dan and I have fun with this one.

3. "CHALLENGE MIND-READING" This is my go to opener for a medium size audience or it can follow one of the two effects above. It’s a Word Test performed with a skeptic. I also sometimes use it as a drawing duplication; it’s a very flexible routine. BUT the presentation is what I'm most proud of here, this is a test conditions piece that (tongue in cheek) turns the skeptic into a believer!

4. "DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS" I've kept it to myself for over 15 years. This is strong enough to be performed as a stand-alone piece, so is ideal if you have to perform a 10-12 minute slot in a longer variety show. This is a massive feature routine! Massive in both stature AND effect. It’s essentially a chair prediction with no chairs. It involves six people from the audience (five men and one lady) and consists of four amazing effects blended together. I'm not going to tell you more you'll just have to watch it! The theme as you can guess from the title is all about making decisions.

5. "TIME TO GET TO KNOW YOU" is my take on Osterlind's Watch Routine. It uses a completely different method than his for gaining the information. The presentation is also different; it is a "spectator as the mind reader effect" where I teach a guy to read his partner's mind!

6. "THOUGHT READER" returns to the plot I love most, revealing personal information about my audience. This is more than an envelope test it's a mini Q & A that is extremely flexible. Those of you who know my work will see some similarities with what has come before but this is different. The underlying method has changed there are no envelope switches and no forced information. Only two envelopes are used the audience members themselves seal their information inside and I NEVER touch those envelopes, yet I can reveal the contents of both and more! This is super super clean and to be honest I'm VERY proud of this. It could potentially be the best thing I've ever come up with!

7. You will also get another bonus PDF that shows you how to use the effects that I teach to achieve any length act that you want. 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 minute acts have all been created for you. They all have a beginning, middle and strong ending. I like to think of this act as a Swiss Army knife! It’s actually EIGHT acts all in one!

The release date is not yet confirmed but around mid-November is the estimate at the moment. I’ll keep you posted.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Sounds very interesting! I like Marc´s work. Any language restrictions?
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi KiKi
No language restrictions at all. You can perform all of these routines in any language anywhere in the world.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
This is a no brainer at any cost!

If you have seen Marc's Alakazam lecture then you know the above high quality of Marc's teaching.

This is someone in the business actually out there doing it and willing to pass on the info that only someone with decades of that sort of experience can.

A whole Marc Paul act? Take my wallet!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
475 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Marc is not only an EXCEPTIONAL (real world) performer, he’s also a BRILLIANT creator. Having acquired all of Marc’s previous lectures this is my next purshase without a doubt. His generosity in what he’s already shared with the community is astounding and the line up of this lecture looks wonderful!

Thank you Marc!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
Hi.
Do you have a link?
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
475 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
No link yet.

The lecture was filmed but the release date of the finished product hasn’t been announced. Marc mentions above that the ETA is mid November.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of amirb401
After seeing Marc P3 first lecture I just knew I found gold! the way he thinks and create is just astonishing!
I cant wait for this lecture as I'm sure it will be more then great!
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I attended Marc’s performance and was even lucky enough to take part in the act. It was fantastic! I picked up so much just from watching him perform. The routines were solid, and even when I knew what was going on, I couldn’t help but grin at how cleverly it was all put together. With that being said, “Decisions, Decisions, Decisions” fooled me, and it is the first “chair test” routine that I’ve actually wanted to perform. I’m super pumped for mid November!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1557 Posts

Profile of 252life
Salivating already
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul Brand New Penguin Live Act (66 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL