The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Between The Lines by Adrian Fowell (i.e., me) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Hi gals and guys

Over the next few months I am going to be releasing a lot of my pet effects (and hopefully a couple of new products that I am working on), on qmagi.com. This is the most-recently available effect I have added to my site and is something I began doing in the 90s when I still lived in the UK.

It is my take on the 'they-think/take-any-card-I-read-their-mind plot' - i.e. Mind Power Deck and so on. Of course, there are myriad ways to achieve this. However, because many versions use a deck full of d***es, I feel this offers something different - I don't do d***es. Or demo vids. Sorry. And yes, they really take a physical card if you're looking for a propless solution.

That said, the description that follows is completely honest. Refund if not.

The Effect

A deck of cards is shown to be all different and its order mixed. The cards are ribbon-spread on the table by you (or the spectator).

With your back turned or having left the room, the spectator removes a single card, remembers it and places it in their pocket for safekeeping. The remaining cards are gathered up by the spectator and you shut them inside the card case which is then held between their hands (or otherwise concealed).

Facing them, you start to read their mind and name the card they're thinking of.

The Blurbage

Easy to do - Pub-ready!
No d***es at all, ever
No memorisation work outside of the basic method
You can use a borrowed deck (if you can spend a minute or two getting it ready)
No forces of any kind in any way at any time
No stooges or confederates or anything like that
Instant reset

There is some fishing but it's only two-and-a-half questions.

You can get it as either a physical booklet with gimmicks or as a personalised PDF from https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbetween-the-lines

If you don't like that you can click the ad on this site's Forum index page. It takes you to the almost the same place and justifies its existence at the same time.

Cheers

Adrian
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Sounds very promising.. will keep my eye on this one.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
If it is on the level of You choose wisely then will be a masterpiece.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Hi Adrian just bought it.... maybe I m your first costumer even in this one. A little record.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Hi Fero

Thank you. Alas, you're not quite the first this time Smile

It's very simple and I think (hope) uses something that hasn't been used much, if at all. I have never seen it outside of the one description I read of it a long time ago and that was for a completely different effect.

I'm **** at writing patter, but the booklet gives you the info you need to frame the two (and a bit) questions as you see fit. What's there works for me.

Best,

Adrian
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
How hard is it to make up the gimmicks? And after reading the booklet, is "arts and crafts" the only to make them up or can they be acquired elsewhere (other online magic stores or your own website as refills)?
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, ash2arani wrote:
How hard is it to make up the gimmicks? And after reading the booklet, is "arts and crafts" the only to make them up or can they be acquired elsewhere (other online magic stores or your own website as refills)?

No refills, I just wanted people who bought the booklet to not have to do anything. It's two minutes absolute maximum for the first way described.

They are nothing exotic, but the ones supplied are made professionally. God, I sound like a salesman.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thank you very much Adrian Smile
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
You're welcome,

Adrian
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I've had a chance to try this out and here's my thoughts. Adrian credits part of the core method to an older Alex Elmsey routine that I was not familiar with, and in turn this was a new principle to me. Without giving anything away, at first I was unsure if this would actually work, but after practicing on myself many times, I was pleasantly surprised to see that in fact, it does. The effect does play out as described, a spectator removes any card from the deck with the performer's back turned and the cards are placed in the box. From there, you ask a couple of questions and you know their card. These questions are a bit similar to say, the Mind Power Deck, for those wondering, and the script provided works very well. The advantage this has over that deck is there are no dupes or gaff cards in that sense. They can check every single card in the spread and there is nothing to find. The deck is very cleverly setup in a particular arrangement for the effect, so there needs to be prep work done before performing this effect. With that said, Adrian has taken a lesser known and underused principle and combined it with a classic approach to the think-a-card plot to create something quite fooling and almost test conditions. This one gets my recommendation and I look forward to his other upcoming releases.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Thanks for the feedback! Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
To make will I need to purchase multiple decks of cards to create the deck.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, John C wrote:
To make will I need to purchase multiple decks of cards to create the deck.

No, there are no duplicates.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Between The Lines by Adrian Fowell (i.e., me) (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL