The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hysteria by Chad Long (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks so visual!! It's good that they are offering different options - with coins or download only.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11000

Coin magic that is this visual will cause mass HYSTERIA with your audiences.

Think about it, four coins are placed on the table in a small square, you wave your hand over the coins and they magically assemble in one corner.

The real question with a trick that looks this good is how practical is the method? Well, thankfully Chad's decades of performing HYSTERIA has given us a method that is both fun and really easy to do. Not only will you look like a wizard, you'll feel like one too.

This is a secret that Chad has kept to himself since 1994 and now it is available to you. Get ready to witness HYSTERIA.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
This looks insanely good for what he describes as easy to do, even for a beginner. You can buy it with the coins (quarters or half dollars; for $30 and $40 respectively) or just as a digital download for $15 on Penguin.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Is there any gimmick involved? meaning, do you actually need his coins? since I don't see any 'no gimmicks' disclaimer on the ad, I'm assuming so.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I was thinking along something that you might or might not already have. A turtle in P&T parlance
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Chad Long will be lecturing at the 3 of Clubs Convention in Seattle next weekend (Friday the 19th) and I look forward to seeing this up close and personal

http://3ofclubsconvention.com/schedule/

Ed
zimzim33
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of zimzim33
Can confirm - most magicians will have this. But, at the price, having an extra isn't always a bad thing Smile
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I have plenty turtles Smile the video shows the half dollars used are walking liberties, does that mean that the turtle would be able to walk with them? if so, that's a good price, yes Smile
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Its a terrible ad....they are assuming everyone knows how its done in order to make a decision on what version to buy, with or without coins. they don't tell you what your getting with the coin versions, how do I know if need or want that version?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Much too good of a price for WL's I would think.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Thank you. Was just about to email Penguin to ask if the trick used expanded turtles (which I have). Glad to see this released!
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Penguin wouldn't give any hit on the gimmick when I asked them so I just got the download. Took a quick scan through, thankfully I already have the gimmick!
If you do coin magic, you will have the gimmick
zimzim33
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of zimzim33
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
Penguin wouldn't give any hit on the gimmick when I asked them so I just got the download. Took a quick scan through, thankfully I already have the gimmick!

Funny - I asked and they just told me. Granted, they could have pulled my profile and seen the stuff I have bought from them.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, zimzim33 wrote:
Quote:

Funny - I asked and they just told me. Granted, they could have pulled my profile and seen the stuff I have bought from them.

That's nuts, I have a massive list of purchases; majority coin stuff!
Either way. Happy with my purchase.
cho7
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of cho7
I'm not a coin trick magician, but this one seems very eye-candy. Do you think I can go with the download version only and adapt it for euro coins ?

Thanks
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, cho7 wrote:
I'm not a coin trick magician, but this one seems very eye-candy. Do you think I can go with the download version only and adapt it for euro coins ?

Thanks

It can be done with any currency if you have the gimmick.
Worse case, you have to buy the gimmick after getting the download.
It's a standard gimmick available at most dealers/shops.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:

VERY helpful, BritishMagic!! I have John Jurney's 'Transformer' coin set, so I assume I'm good to go.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, videoman wrote:
Much too good of a price for WL's I would think.

Coin magic that is this visual will cause mass HYSTERIA with your audiences.

From Penguin:

"Think about it, four coins are placed on the table in a small square, you wave your hand over the coins and they magically assemble in one corner.

The real question with a trick that looks this good is how practical is the method? Well, thankfully Chad's decades of performing HYSTERIA has given us a method that is both fun and really easy to do. Not only will you look like a wizard, you'll feel like one too.

This is a secret that Chad has kept to himself since 1994 and now it is available to you. Get ready to witness HYSTERIA.

*Half Dollar version includes Kennedy Half Dollars"

I too am tired of seeing these kind of demos using silver coins only to find out that you get clad coins with purchase. Especially when I only use silver coins (WL's and Morgans) and have to guess if I have the gaff in my silver gaffs. At least with this one, they added a disclaimer at the very end.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
So is it a turtle? I want to know before I buy so I order the right version (just the download or download with gimmicks).
Jessica Love
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jessica Love
Anyone know if this can be done on a table without a mat? thanks guys x
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
A mat would work better, depending on the table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hysteria by Chad Long (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL